Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

IRC :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

When me and my friends were like 16 we were having a party on Halloween and the conversation shifted to how lovely it was that we couldn't trick or treat anymore. Like most of us had jobs, we weren't kids anymore and it was kind of depressing. One of us said gently caress it, we should go trick or treating. Our costumes might suck but this might genuinely be our last chance since it definitely wouldn't fly when we got even older. So we went trick or treating in half baked costumes like that early episode of King of the Hill.

It's cringey and I'm probably giving candy to some jerks but if even one of them is just depressed about growing up then they can have some drat candy

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Tiggum posted:

I always care about what I eat. What "life choices" do you think I'm making that need reevaluation?

The ones that lead you to not understand how odd it is to expect perfection from fast food I think

Punkinhead has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Nov 11, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I usually say In-N-Out is overrated, but In-N-Out

It's fresh, it's the same every time, and it's cheaper than everything else

Just have fun waiting in line during dinner hours, especially on weekends

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Tiggum posted:

Where did I give the impression I was doing that?

How hard you went and how many people you called insane over this pet peeve I think

I think we'll all check the bag and hand it back to them if you order a burger combo and they hand you some vegan tacos or whatever

But I got the impression that you'd have them make you a whole new burger if it had pickles on it or something. Which, if you're not allergic to pickles or w/e, is a little intense

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Also sort of related: it should be completely legal to slash the tires of these dickhead monster truck owners that insist on backing into parking spaces in crowded parking lots.

I should be able to buy a license to legally hunt non-commercial trucks over a certain dollar value.

And I'm gonna use every piece of the truck so it's okay

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Expecting a person who has been reduced to the metric of 'burgs per hour' by the company to accommodate an off-menu order was the mistake, and you can find out who did it by turning off your monitor.

Yup, you literally couldn't make custom orders at mcdonalds until burger king started offering it as a way to get some of mcdonalds market share, hence the "have it your way" slogan. Kids even get crowns because at Burger King, the customer is king etc etc

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

MightyJoe36 posted:

My fast food drive through pet peeve is the person in front of me taking 20 minutes to order their food. Dude! It's McDonalds! They have like 6 things on the menu. How can you not know what you want by the time you get up there?

One time while getting lunch with a coworker we went through a drive thru and when they asked for our order my friend said "hold on a second" then texted another coworker to ask what they wanted. He loving expected us to wait there for who knows how long. I was exploding internally but you can't blow up at people this stupid, it just makes things worse so I just asked to see his phone for a second and called them instead of waiting for a text reply. The whole day he made quips about how impatient I was lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My pet peeve is the phrase "two sides to every story." It used to just mean don't take everyone at face value, to get all the facts before making a judgement.

Now stupid people use it like a shield to reassure themselves when everyone is yelling at/making fun of them for having a poo poo take.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Loling remembering the time a coworker asked me where I got my sandwich. I said I made it at home, he said that was weird because it had toasted bread.

"What? I just fried it in a pan for a little bit."

"Ah, then I couldn't make it."

"Do you live in a small apartment with no kitchen?"

"No I just never learned how to cook haha."

When you hear there are people out there who don't know how to boil water it's 100% unironically true.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Negostrike posted:

Well it's must be tiring having to balance a big head on your shoulders so of course you'd sweat more

You have no idea

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Like most things these days, no doubt.

Movies like Meet The Parents are a personal peeve of mine in the sense that I can't stand to watch innocent people be wrongly accused of poo poo, even in a goofy comedy movie like that. It made me uncomfortable rather than making me laugh. But it's not to say MTP isn't a good movie; this is 100% a personality quirk.

Same! So many late 90s/early aughts comedies made me cringe more than they made me laugh. A very similar peeve of mine is the Main Character does something nice and innocent but from one specific angle it looks like they're being a pervert, Three's Company style.

Like the first scene in Something About Mary. Ben Stiller is looking at a bird out a window when suddenly the bird flies away but somehow that bird was positioned so it was blocking the view of his date changing through another window and now she thinks Ben is creeping on and her mom was helping her change so now Bens date and her mom think he's a pervert! Then he zips up his nuts and everyone forgets they think he's a sex criminal because it's just so awkward.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

With podcasts I don't have to suppress my urge to dance and sing in public

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Watch cookbooks circle back around to relevant in the digital age because it's the best and most convenient source for recipes lmao

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

caspergers posted:

Web comics that don't have punchlines oh wait none of them do

Print media stays winning

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

So you're saying if everyone was somehow limited to 55mph it wouldn't be a problem because everyone is going the same speed?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I have a peeve for this thread: People who are not helpful and do not want to help, but want to be remembered as having helped and inject themselves into situations as a result.

Someone once offered me a ride home as I was stepping into my Uber that they had waited for with me.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Tiggum posted:

How are tacos low effort? You've got to prepare all the ingredients and then everyone has to construct them and it's a whole big thing. Tacos are too much effort, honestly.

All you have to prepare is the meat though, unless you're busting out the tortilla press and molcajete ofc

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I didn't realize if I got a pinball machine some guys would feel literally entitled to slam it around.

I understand many of them are built to handle it but they're also thousands of dollars and maybe if you're not a federally licensed pinball badass it would make you nervous to rough it up.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Rabbit Hill posted:

I wish cars came with two horns: one loud angry blast, and one gentle little tootle.

I feel like the tootle would somehow make people more mad.

Like how six hour probes always lead to the best meltdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mu Zeta posted:

I work in an office on the third floor and I'm shocked how difficult it is for people to walk up a few stairs. It takes like 15 seconds but you still see them wait forever for the elevator to come down and bring them up to take a 2 second ride. I'm not talking about disabled or elderly, just regular sized people.

It's equally crazy to me that any employee would pass up a chance to decompress waiting for/in the elevator.