Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Something happened, meantime, something else happened.

I've even heard "in the meanwhile". Come on.

In the meantime OR meanwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Nooner posted:

I cant STAND emptyquote posting

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I just ordered my drink at Starbucks. Even though there were 10 people in front of me, I'm going to stand directly in front of the pick-up area. Every time a drink comes up I will grab it, look at it and go, huh, I thought I was next. Why are all these people pushing past me?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Coolspaz posted:

it's mother loving cock gobbling day light savings time,
Actually it's Daylight Saving Time. :eng101:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Because rolls can be different sizes, and when you compare one type to another you want to compare apples to apples, so you use weight.
Great now I need to buy apples too?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I swap the labels on my cans to throw off any snoopers. They think its beans but it's soup, the soup is in the beans can.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Brawnfire posted:

that thing cats do what where they will just stand there and stare at your approach in one spot, until you try to step over them... and then they'll run right where you're trying to put your foot
It's even better when they do that seven times in a row so you know for sure that they are doing it on purpose.

I have a cat door, and my cat knows how to use it to get in. She knows it can be used to go out as well, but won't do it. She'll just bat it back and forth and meow until I open the main door, or just hold the thing open for her. And then one second later she'll walk right back inside.

https://twitter.com/slosifl/status/1317944331743920131?s=20

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

oldpainless posted:

the delivery is free. The shipping is not. I’m not sure what the problem is
It's like how making GBS threads is free but you have to buy a small machiatto to be able to use the toilet in the first place.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

B: is the 5.25" drive, come on man.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hehe, oh no hokey pokey for me, gotta go make an important phonecall. Go ahead without me. (sweating profusely)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Did you just steal my cat's famous "putin on the ritz" joke? What the gently caress???

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 21:02 on Dec 2, 2022

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m in UTC +6 and my US family and friends are in UTC -6. So in other words we are exact opposites. Should be convenient but it’s actually really annoying bc my brain autocorrects. Like it’s a quarter past 6 here and a quarter past 18 back in :911: and I’ll describe something as happening today, when actually it was yesterday but my brain autocorrects to the opposite for people here, for whom it is yesterday, and then in the middle of the night I’ll talk about yesterday things to my mom for whom that day ia still today. It would be so much easier if it was an obvious skew, like -8 and +4
I've worked with people in vastly different time zones for like 20 years and the simplest way to handle this is to recognize that it applies to the other party as well. Just don't worry about it unless it specifically matters.

Good morning - I mean good evening! and good afternoon as well - did you get the email I sent yesterday? Sorry, I mean I guess earlier today technically? Anyway I'll send an update at the end of the day. My day, so your...like morning?

vs

Good morning did you get my email from yesterday? I'll send another update later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Muscle Tracer posted:

Honestly, I have to admit, you know?
Thank you for being honest 🙏