Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yes lets please argue who has the moral high ground of ordering from McDonalds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

mostlygray posted:

I get irritated by the opposite. The people that think all animals will kill them. Be it fish, cat, dog, hamster, etc. My recently deceased dog was barky but friendly and never even snapped at a soul. Yet almost every repairman would prefer to listen to a dog bark for 2 hours locked up rather than let him say hello. I've never been bitten by a dog so maybe it's just a hangup that I don't have.

I don't know if all businesses do this but I am a field technician for an alarm company and have been for another alarm company and a cable company and all 3 have it as a rule that dogs have to be put up while you're there. Honestly I don't follow the rule often but if I ever got caught with a dog not put up or get bitten I would be disciplined and possibly fired.

RenegadeStyle1 has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Jan 21, 2016

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Oh no now there are even nerds about water

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
When I was a kid I thought the state of Illinois was called Chicago.

RenegadeStyle1 has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Mar 8, 2016

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just point to heaven

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

mostlygray posted:

Legit question: I always say I'm from the "Twin Cities". Does that scan outside the Northland?

I'm from Texas and while I have heard the term twin cities I honestly am not sure what that is. I would assume Minnesota on a guess.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've heard of sales parties and my wife's even been to 1 or 2 but I've never heard them combined with baby showers or any other kind of party like that. I can honestly say if someone tricked me into going to a sales party like that I would not be their friend anymore.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The Reconstruction Era was the right thing to do.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My first name is really uncommon and i've never met anyone else with it, although I do know its a real name because people have had it in TV shows and stuff like that. I came here to talk about my last name, Hancock. Its really bad, when I was a kid it was mostly penis jokes, now I get alot of either "Footpenis" or that superhero movie with Will Smith. Old people will sometimes pop out and ask if i'm related to John Hancock though. I don't know if I am but I doubt it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I do agree. I don't smoke but it seems like everyone turns into big babies every time they catch a whiff of smoke. It might have to do with my mom smoking in the house when I was growing up. I just don't see the big deal about smell cigarette smoke for a few seconds every now and then.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah and once you step outside with a dog people for some reason think its free reign to run up and start petting them or picking them up.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

How many versions of Lady Gaga's "You and I" are there? The actual recorded version says Nebraska, but when I was living in Virginia on the radio it said Virginia. Is there a version for every three syllable state?

I can verify there was one for BOTH Dallas and Texas

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Silver Falcon posted:

I've seen this one before, but it finally happened to me: when people assume that just because you have a functioning uterus, you will have/want to have kids.

I had never gotten this before, and finally did a couple weeks ago from my aunt, of all people. Said aunt is 1) about 60 years old, 2) childless, and 3) gay. She's about the last person on Earth who I'd have expected to give me the "Oh, you'll change your mind someday" speech.

For the record, I don't hate kids. I like them just fine. When they're not mine!

I've never understood this line of reasoning. I think it would be infinitely better for someone to not have kids and wish they had when their older than the alternative which is basically have kids and resent them because you might have change your mind.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Attractive girls all doing a similar thing? It must be bad lets make a bad word for it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm gonna guess the honking things not on purpose. Mine is set like that and I had no idea until you mentioned it that that it was customization in any way.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I kind of agree. I don't mind if someone says to bring your own food but out of me and most barbecues I've been to the host always provides all of the meat, yiu might bring something like drinks or sides but never your own meat unless you have some kind of allergy or something.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Mu Zeta posted:

I hate every single sentence in this video shown on John Oliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziV7PK9j__o

Death by Guillotine

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I also work alot outside in Texas so I ended up taking an extra shirt and taking deodorant with me. The extra shirt really helps but it does feel weird putting on a clean t shirt when your sweaty so that is a downside.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Spalec posted:

A celebrity died? gently caress [current year]! [current year] is the worst! :qq:

Every.single.time. a famous person dies, everyone posts the same content free comment.

It's fine to be upset, but post something else other then that meaningless catchphrase.

Every year on this earth is terrible, friend.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
A big recent one for me is it seems like every ad agency is trying their hands at "Make _____ great again!" Hurr hurt it's just like the Trump thing!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I only drink my coffee filtered through a Turkish mans rear end in a top hat.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah that's a dick move. It's not like she was asking how to hold a spoon. There is still a large portion of the population that spent the majority of their life without Internet.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

docbeard posted:

For a variety of reasons, I didn't see a lot of movies growing up that a lot of people would consider classical touchstones of the '80s. (I hadn't seen Ghostbusters until a couple years ago, for example.)

So yeah I get this a lot.

This happens to me so much, specifically with the movie Scarface, that I have like a little script in my head of why I've never seen it ready when I tell someone I've never seen it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I finally convinced my wife at the age of 31 with a 10 year old, an 8 year old, and a 5 year old that we shouldn't go to her mom's to spend the night and open presents. I've been saying for years we have to start our own traditions and we can visit but we shouldn't have every holiday sculpted after her parents specifically. I guess my pet peeve is my wife's over reliance on her mother and her opinion.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Recommendations show me a lot about a person. I was watching someone talk about something he was watching on YouTube and his recommendations were full of MGTOW poo poo.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

BattyKiara posted:

My upstairs neighbour orders a lot of take away. Which is fine, none of my business. However, the delivery person likes to drive around with insanely loud music. Mostly techno music. We are talking the kind of loud that makes his car vibrate here. Yo can hear him coming several blocks away. So in reality it's 30-45 minutes of insanely loud music with the added bonus of rattling car. You hear this noise machine arrive, then it is parked outside while he takes the food in, motor and music running of course, and then driving away again. Try this up to 12 times a week. ARGH!!!

Another sucker taken in by viral marketing, now anytime you want food you'll only be able to think of that man.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
People who blast their Facebook walls about how Valentine's Day is a consumer holiday and all the sheep's are buying choclate and marked up presents. We all get it, you're super *~*~enlightened~*~*. Everyone knows all of this. I'm sure people sent flyers about it in the 80s.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I agree about the Trump thing. He has plenty bad things just since January 20th you can talk about. I don't think it's morally wrong or bad to make small hand or Drumpf jokes. I just think it's useless and kind of childish.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Danaru posted:

Why do people do things they find funny this is inefficient meep morp zorp does not compute

Sorry I guess I'm a robot because I don't think saying someone has small hands is the height of comedy.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Baron Corbyn posted:

those shirts are randomly generated based on what it can mine from your profile. I've seen people sharing poo poo like "PROUD TO BE A WOMAN BORN IN JANUARY WHO LOVES HER HUSBAND AND THE DALLAS COWBOYS" and saying how much they want it, so obviously some idiots pay for these loving awful t-shirts.

Its a (name) thing. You wouldn't understand. I get those all of the time on facebook.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

walrusman posted:

Agreed. I feel bad asking that friend-of-a-friend to help me tap the keg or slice tomatoes, but what else can I do?

Fashionably late doesn't mean that it's cool, in and of itself, to be insultingly late to things. It shows that you have other things going on in your life, so maybe you show up a half hour late to that party because you had dinner plans, and maybe you leave after a couple hours because you have somewhere else that you have to make an appearance. It's never cool to be the first one to show up at a party and it's rarely cool to be the last one to leave. The whole concept is nuanced and interacts with shared social values and assumptions. So it's no shock that goons don't get it.

I say this as someone with multiple friends who are chronically, painfully, hours-and-hours late to almost everything. It's an arms race of internally-adjusted meeting times. If I say a dinner party starts at 7:00, Roger might show up at 10:30 and wonder why the food is all put away. If try to drag him back a little closer and say it starts at 6:00, he might show up at 10:15. To actually get him there on time, I would have to tell him 4:00am, to which he would (rightly) tell me to go gently caress myself.

edit:

That's fine, and not what we're talking about. I'm generally a punctual person and (contrary to what I said last paragraph) will usually tell people 7:00 if I want them there at 7:00. But if someone I don't know very well is the first person to show up, it's weird - especially if they're earlier than the stated time and just stand around watching you vacuum.

Being super cool and having such a cool life you show up late to everything doesn't work in the day and age where I can see you posting PettyMemes 20 minutes before you show up.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

areyoucontagious posted:

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

https://youtu.be/xqX0Z4NeT9o

I have a weird mixture of being glad he bombed because hes so obnoxious and feeling extremely embarrassed for him.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Disgusting Coward posted:

So I'm talking to someone.

And they don't hear me.

"Pardon?", they say.

So I now have three options.

1) Repeat it in exactly the same way - same volume, same tempo, same inflection. This will result in the cloth-eared fucker not hearing me again and I get to say the same thing over and over until I eventually can slide, blissfully, into the sweet embrace of death.

2) Repeat it slower and louder, so that I am sure they can hear it. This will result in the cloth-eared fucker assuming I'm angry and getting all defensive. Really, I just want to speak more than one sentence in my life, please be cool.

3) "Never mind". Never works. Cloth-eared fucker will now assume that what I just said was of world-shaking significance, and pursue it forever. I'll be on my deathbed and some hearing aid motherfucker will be shaking my withered frame all "NO BUT TELL ME! I WANT TO KNOW! JUST TELL ME WHAT IT WAS YOU SAID!" it was just a bad pun that doesn't bear repeating please leave me alooooooooooooooooooooooooooone.

So yeah, I'm gonna give up on talking to people I think. It's too much like hard work.

I started saying "oh I was just joking around" and it usually works.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't mind haggling but once we agree on a price and where to meet the haggling is done. I don't want to show up and you try to bring the price lower once we're face to face.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I'd understand if I was selling a comic and we agreed and I showed up and pulled it out of my back pocket an unfolded it. Most of the time I'm selling things that cant really lose "value" or look "bad" for lack of a better word.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

The Snoo posted:

my parents were hella in denial of the cigarette smell when I was growing up... honestly they still are. I know that smoking for 40 years fucks your senses but they just wouldn't believe us if we complained about it, like we were making it up. my younger brother and I got bullied in elementary and middle school for it.

whenever I visit them, I make sure to wear clothes I don't care about as much, but I get bad headaches and feel like poo poo while I'm there. and in public, smokers are more noticeable to me now that my sense of smell isn't wonky.

my dad quit a few years ago (I'm really proud of him!) but my mom refuses to. :smith:

I don't think it's denial, I think you literally can't smell it anymore after a while. I don't smoke but my mom did in the house all through childhood. I had a lot of teachers pull me aside and ask if I'm smoking. I never was and I couldn't smell it on myself either.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My wife or daughter does that sometimes when I'm laughing at the forums. I don't get mad though, more embarrassed.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
When I used to listen to Sword and Scale it was kind of funny. "The women were all found with their guts hanging out and stapled to the ceiling..."...."Guys I love to cook, and I really enjoy this new service, let me tell you about it"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hope you had plenty of ketchup and steak sauce for those steaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Key and Peele has a lot of dud sketches (in my opinion) but hidden in there are sketches that are pure gold, probably the funniest ones I have ever seen. I never know when their coming so I watch a lot of comedy sketches I don't like waiting for the funny ones.