Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
I continue to run my Kerberos Club game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
:(

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Kellsterik posted:

From what i've seen in FATAL & Friends, there are a lot of legitimately great modules for LotFP if you don't dig too deep into the mechanics or the uglier details. Better Than Any Man is a standout. Death Frost Doom, not so much.

Like I said in F&F, Better Than Any Man is super frustrating, because it demonstrates that underneath Raggi's desperation to be an artist provocateur and the mindset that leads him to say Keep on the Borderlands is the standard by which all adventures should be measured lies someone who actually has some good ideas. "You're in a city clogged with desperate wartime refugees run by a cabal of interesting, well-meaning ladies who are in way over their heads and the Swedish army will be here in a few days to level the place, what will you do?" is straight-up fantastic. Then he goes and fucks it up with stuff like Evil Mcdarkblack the powerful rapemurder wizard who exists purely to advance the plot.

In a hobby with folks as awful as Zak and Pundit he's never going to be The Actual Worst or anything, but he's the embodiment of a whole bunch of low level bullshit that plagues rpgs.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Winson_Paine posted:

jesus christ i thought this thread could not get worse

Didn't you use to be the mod here, how could you even think that.

• Locked thread