Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Time to test for first in a rate I've known for two months! Can't be dumber than the bottom 50%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
So I'm in "Training" on swings. After a few weeks stuck in this purgatory I've finally convinced my trainer that I do in fact want to test out of training sometime this lifetime.

I guess everyone just spends months on swings discussing video games instead of having a job or something.

I dunno.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Dozens of documents!

A technological marvel. The future is now!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I could make a killing with an RV parked right off base.

I'm surprised a rather fancy looking Holiday Inn express opened up just down the road. Must be for officers and their mistresses. (O1-O2 only. O3+ Go to the closest Hilton)

Edit: Two more years until its just as bad as the Comfort Inn next to Budddddyyyyyzzzzz (Formerly Bomerrrzzzz)

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Cat, give me back my dick here is a fish instead.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

poopkitty posted:

She was "i used to be a model" hot. Actually hot. Pinup hot. Cute face, big tits, fat rear end. But she knew it and oh my god was she a bitch. No use for that.

Friend of mine met a former BM3 in a strip joint in San Diego. He was broke so I had to cover the lap dance he demanded. I'm imagining she took her boat business legit and it is the same person

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

poopkitty posted:

Pretty sure she never stripped. Do you know her name? (like actual name?)

Nope. Friend only referred to her as "boats" in a slurred drunken sailor fashion.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Analogical posted:

Been rollercoastering with the detailer/CCs the past three weeks, not helping that my year group is 126% over-manned for my NEC, I don't qualify for conversion to another language or a DIRSUP billet, and my options were:

JSOC
Re-enlist CTI
Crossrate CTN
Blue to Green

What kills me is the JSOC programs that take 35Ps and 1N3s, but won't take a CTI. None of them know the reason for that either and were surprised when I mentioned it. Two of them were really interested in me because of my training/instructor record but weren't able to take me unless I was a CTN for what I'm good at. The Chief from TIO more or less told me to gently caress myself slowly from behind even though I'm an instructor in classes his personnel have to fly to us to take on a regular basis.

Command pushed me to go for CTN, since that's what they basically made me train into anyway sans operations, but the DoD won't pay for any of my certs like Sec+, CCNA or CEH so it's coming out of my pocket to possibly pass, I'm spending 600 this month alone on them. The CTNCM tech advisor said they aren't taking E5 crossrates from any year group but 2009 and 2008 unless I can convince him over email that I know something about cybersecurity and show him some certificates to back it up. So, he said to email once I get CCNA.

According to my CC, my options are CTM or get out (For jobs that retain use of a TS and my work experience, arguably my best asset). However, with terminal leave I'm not out until next November. I'm in my PRD window, but I'm also about to fail my last DLPT (You can fail 3 in a row) at which point I'm forced to reclass unless the CO lets me ride out my final 18 months as a CTI. They asked why I keep failing and I was like, I dunno man, I haven't used Arabic in three years and you have me doing this other thing.

I was going to re-enlist if I could go CTN, now I'm curious if I'll get sent to CTM until I'm out since it's only a 4 month school or if I'll stay where I am and gracefully fade away. My civilian chain finds it all pretty interesting since they didn't even know I was a linguist to begin with, though it does feel weird to essentially be told I'm getting fired. I wish I was an E4, the CTNs are swallowing up E4 crossrates but I had the misfortune to get promoted to the untouchable caste.

tl;dr whatever, at least I've got my post 9/11 and know contractors. I've got savings and it's not the end of the world to be pushed out.

I've got a CTI friend who was in the same type of job position as you. Crossrated to CTN and did fantastically in the school. Having a CCNA is waaaay overkill for the A school. Run the paperwork and see what happens? Navy COOL won't pick up the certifications for CTIs?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Dingleberry posted:

All the whorelatte stands got shutdown in Everett.

Think of the poor sailors =(

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

So those fundraisers? A scam? I do believe now the integrity of the CHIEF PETTY OFFICER has been besmirched good madam

Their uniform allowances are already spent by their filipino ex wives.

Just like the E6 and below spend theirs on hookers and beer.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Arione posted:

if you dont mind loving a woman crossed between a walrus and an orangutang sure. go ahead... I like skinny white women....

Are you like specifically going to hang out waianae side? Go downtown any day of the week. Find a tourist. Do her. Jeez maybe even an airforce chick.

Unless base housing is your thing then drown yourself in walrus pussy.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's your problem.

I was going to post these exact words last night but I was full of Tequila and had better things to do. Do those places require fedoras for entry or something? I don't remember ever stepping into any of them. I was either A) Too Wasted or B) Already getting laid from the other places I was at.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

agreed all chief's messes and their associated ships and facilities should be scuttled

Along with the handjobs the royals get at every turn. Take your own trash and laundry out.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Boon posted:

As someone who travels quite frequently on the job, all I have to say is that the government credit card scares the ever living poo poo out of me and I try to avoid using it whenever I can.

I only billed plane tickets and hotel rooms to it. Everything else I paid out of pocket and waited for the per diem payout.

The one time my atm card was locked and I had to get cash with the GTC I almost got killed by the dts approver lady.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Boon posted:

As a previous Pearl Harbor sailor, my favorite part of Battleship is the old crusty captain ordering "All Ahead Flank" as the break the mooring chains.The thought of the Missouri blasting out of the harbor channel at 30+ never fails to put a smile on my face.

When the Missouri was in dry dock a few years ago for some restoration work, its guns were pointed directly at the building I worked in. I dreamed they weren't inert every night.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

I lift a lot.

I have a skinny neck

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

A numbered fleet that makes everyone else's job harder.

From where I'm sitting ( I interact with a lot of IW folks), the community is kind of a mess. IMO it is very mismanaged (more so than other designators). And I'm saying this as a guy who very much believes in IW as a legitimate warfare area.

Put a bunch of awkward nerds in charge of something. See how it works.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

I no poo poo got an email about mandatory training for "triggering and perception bias." Looks like it's time to launch all nukes.

It went from an offering to mandatory at tumblr speed

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I always kinda wondered how much cash we wasted on those snazzy GMTs .

Can't wait to see what they get replaced by at the command level!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Anita Dickinme posted:

I have no idea what any of you are saying or talking about and dread the day I will.

Some poo poo sucked. Some important dude said some things might not suck in the future. We are all waiting around to see how they gently caress it up.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

CTN1 quotas at 61%. gently caress man, I dont test until fall, hopefully they dont drop like a rock.

I just converted in, but somehow don't see myself in the bottom 39 percent of idiots pushed through JCAC.:banjo:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
From PO1 SLC I'm pretty sure I kick E5 and below out of cool collateral jobs and take them for myself now.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
The restrictoids there had it pretty awful. I always gave them some slack compared to some of the other weirdos they had watching them.

Jeez, some of the stories about petty poo poo those petty officers did.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

DustyNuts posted:

I'm in a coxswain course this week. So far:

Wore a 70 SPF rashguard longsleeve shirt and cammie pants, constantly doused my face and neck with sunscreen, forgot to put sunscreen on my hands, hands are sunburned but nowhere else

Forgot my phone was in my pocket after lunch, jumped off the RHIB into the water for swimmer pick up practice, noticed within 10 seconds, phone is drying out in a bag of rice right now

Good fun other than that though.

Paperwork Weenie's Big Ocean Adventure :coolfish:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Then I found out my orders to go home (reserve status) have not come in by the 10 working day dead line before my graduation so now I'll be in battalion holding for two weeks after they arrive. Hooyah duty driver.

Reserve Duder didn't have his orders the day we all graduated. We all peaced out and he had to stay behind all depressed. He had them the next day so maybe miracles can happen.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

As long as you take the wife and kids I'll consider it.

Great. Frocking day and I have food poisoning or something and am super nauseous.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Australians still have shorts. With white socks pulled up as high as possible. I lol when they stroll around.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Boon posted:

- also an all girls college is located in the town. Soooooooo

Sorry to burst your bubble. Mary Washington has been coed since like 92. I went there before falling out and becoming enlisted scum. It was a horrible 80/20 female/male split.

Time for my first CPO365 event. I wonder how rewarding it has to be to make up for the fact I woke up at 4 am to get here!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Probably not very as it is super dependent on how active/involved the Mess wants to be.

My post was entirely sarcasm. I was expecting a half rear end run and half rear end "heritage training" you can't even hear.

Strangely that's exactly what I got.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I went to work yesterday, realized I didn't want to be there. Also realized I have 70+ days of leave so I don't have to be.

Feels good to not be at a sea going or training command and actually use them.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
How about we just keep the people who left the south and fled northward. They can keep cooking that stuff outside of the shithole area.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

How do you qual for something and not know it though?

Uhh. I'm Damage Control and 3M qualified. I took a test where they pretty much gave me the answers because I was TAD to the ship and would never touch those things. Ever. Just needed it to finish ESWS.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Analogical posted:

Alright, well I was given my two week notice today. I get to pick a CREO 1 job, have my CDB and have the CO sign me away to a new A-school because there are no orders available for my year group/rank combo with my NEC. Out of the list, I chose IT(SS) since I had to pick one. How lovely is Pensacola as an NCO? Also, IT-wise, I hear you can lean radio or lean networking. What's the factor in going one way or the other? If I reach Groton in August I'll have a little over 14 months as an ITS.

The heck were you before?

Pcola sucks just a little less as an E-5 than it did going through the first time as an E-2. Less liberty restrictions, little more leeway. Same dumb rules you will probably have to follow. The CT schoolhouse was pretty strict about them. Not sure about the IT schoolhouse.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Null Integer posted:

It's "No, because you where prescribed this medication" with no references or "get this waiver" provided, hence the heavy search of MANMED and MILPERSMAN that came up with nothing even remotely related. I'm considering now talking with my doc(corpsman), and maybe getting a referral or something to mental health for a statement or something along those lines if it would help.

I have a diagnosed anxiety condition and am on various anti depressants to deal with it. I converted from CTT to CTN. If you have an active SCI clearance, that hasn't been pulled for medical reasons, the tech ad is full of poo poo. Bentyl isn't really even psychoactive beyond possible addiction potential like everything else.

Edit: sure he didn't read it as Fentanyl or something?

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 17, 2015

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Dudes always get the order backwards. Come here and ask before you make awful decisions.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Pretty sure around the time the Army was putting out its dumb policy, the Navy had some message about "Don't care about it, no THC". I'll do some digging.

Looks like nothing in the 5350.4. This hemp related site says we don't have an official policy.

http://hprc-online.org/dietary-supplements/opss/operation-supplement-safety-OPSS/opss-frequently-asked-questions-faqs-1/Hemp%20Products

Just make drat sure you won't pop, and if you do, submit the item for testing and pray. Or avoid the whole ordeal by not overpaying for some hemp shake and getting your omega-3s from a fish oil pill or something. I wouldn't trust the industry to make sure it only creates products out of hemp strains and not high THC strains.

Why smoke it too? Get some other nicotine free vape poo poo or something then go back to smoking a week later because the Navy sucks.
You and your hemp based hippy poo poo should go write a screenplay in a starbucks somewhere.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 19, 2015

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

You seem like a loving weirdo. Have you considered our Navy's fine nuclear power field?

Would fit right in to CTN. Saw some dude unsheathe a pretend samurai sword, swing it at some dude he knew walking by, bow, and put the sword away.

Another guy has a giant anime desk covering. I've seen multiple pony dolls.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I am soothed by the sailors creed on repeat forever. That's all anyone should need to live.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

Can't shoot off fireworks on base. How unamerican is that

The Gestapo even outlawed sparklers here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vrath posted:

Feel lucky you're allowed to own/possess fireworks. Here in communist Hawaii they're illegal except for organized displays...queue my wife dragging me on pearl harbor to set a lawn chair in the road.

It's pretty nice now. Don't have to worry about spent mortars pinging off the roof of your car as you drive down a smoke covered street. 10 foot visibility at best. Children running in and out of the smoke in front of you waving sparklers around. poo poo was a war zone.

Highways would have clouds of smoke drifting so thick you couldn't use them. Also wild fires.

I gotta admit, they celebrated freedom pretty well here after being subjugated by us.

• Locked thread