Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Feb 28, 2015 21:47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
One time I went to the doc (e-6 corpseman) and told him 'it burns when I pee'. The dude hadn't even finished checking into the boat yet and the leaving cpo corpseman(lmbo) told him 'welp you can take this one'.

god drat the swab hurt

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I would sooner chop my dick off than apply anything to it that was prescribed by a corpsman.

i was given a 7 pill z-pack, doc told me to eat 5 of them at the same time and throw the other 2 away. :boom: it worked.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Applewhite posted:

Question for enlisted Goons:

When your DIVO has a job for you and he says "We need to take care of whatever task" when he of course really means you need to take care of it, is it more annoying than if he just comes right out and says "You need to do this" or does him saying "we" make you feel more like part of a team?

Asking for a friend.

Your divo shouldn't be loving giving orders to you unless you are the chief of that division or it's some kind of emergency or a 'pick up that can' sort of thing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
oh also if your divo is giving you orders like that, do what he says and politely let your cpo/lpo know about it after

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You should shipmate him.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Shipmate. The first rule of leadership is to not call people out in front of others.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

nacirema posted:

I got orders to Okinawa naval hospital as a scrub, woo! Anone know what to expect from the island or surrounding islands?

Expect to never leave base, you filthy rapist.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I would like to know what exactly digital penetration is, as defined by the finest NCOs of the United States Navy.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Only time I had problem seeing the rank was when it was a god drat warrant officer.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sir Lucius posted:

Can you believe Obama made a United States Marine hold an umbrella?! How degrading! for are troops!

That marine can now put on his eval "at great personal risk to self defended the president of the united states from god himself".

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
They really need to fix the fix they made to the eval system.

When I was in they were switching to what is used now, and before everyone HAD to get 4.0 across the board or no one had a shot at a promotion. Now you have to have that one wierd trick in your eval to get it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Pft I would have made chief by 28. I was fully bound for the ACINT pipeline.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sir Lucius posted:

Apparently they used to do that, and everyone just got a 4. That is unless you had someone who rated you based on the actual instruction and then screwed you by not giving you a 4.

It was pretty much this. If an E-5 or E-6 did not get all 4.0 on every eval they had nearly zero chance of picking up rank.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Arione posted:

Pearl Harbor is pretty loving sweet. the women here suck tho.

yes they suck, lots of my dick. pussy is all over in hawaii its like the most easy place in the world to get laid without paying for it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Arione posted:

if you dont mind loving a woman crossed between a walrus and an orangutang sure. go ahead... I like skinny white women....

I am sorry that you have a hard time finding women. Perhaps you should try leaving the barracks, there are much better looking women off base.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

tosh is so good even the navy times reports about him

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Please tell me you are going to make flag officer and get the policy on beards changed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ManMythLegend posted:

Japan is neat. Sasebo is way sleepier then Yoko, but that's fine by me. Japan is great for folks with no kids. There is a ton to see and do in country and lots of easy travel opportunities around the AOR.

I got drunk one night in Sasebo and hung out with 3 Japanese chicks bar hopping. 2 of them decided to go home and the 3rd one said 'Lets go back to your place'.

I loved Japan.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah. Being an American is almost like using a cheat code. Even the biggest, goofiest, most inbred mother fuckers can pull tail out here.

It amazed me how many dudes on my boat said they hated it. Because all they would do is go to the drat base clubs and maybe 1 bar just outside base. I was one of the few that would actually roam out and had a great time because of it. Yokohama owns. Roppungi owns. Shinjuku scared me Having a 90 year old dude whisper to me while pointing behind him 'libe show' .

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sir Lucius posted:

Not even chiefs are above hazing! Don't forget to report all hazing up your chain!

No one ever got hazed physically on my boat.

Because the last guy it happened to killed himself after the fleet Admiral tried to blame him for it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Booblord Zagats posted:

I always thought hazing was supposed to get the poo poo folks out of circulation so they wouldn't endanger someone else in a combat situation. Sounds like the mission got accomplished

i dont think having dolphins tacked on qualifies.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Wow those are some hosed up stories.

When my boat did it's loving moronic 52 degree down angle while at PD doing a backing bell and EVERYONE IN CONTROL FORGOT THE CONTROLS WERE REVERSED AND MADE THE poo poo WORSE the skipper climbed into control from his stateroom and yelled at them "what the gently caress are you fuckers doing to my loving submarine?!?!?!" and yelled at the CoW to blow the forward group.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

How did she not end up over the side?

blanket of fear

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CMD598 posted:

So I'm reading this thread from the boat and before I logged in all the ads were getting a big govt cockblock.

Also, made 3rd.:toot: (gently caress starting at E1)

The cool thing about loving up and starting at e-1 is realizing that you could have forced the recruiter to give you e-3 before you signed anything.

Hope you get e-5 first time you're up, took me 2 trys and I did the stupid starting at e-1 thing too. Never got paid for e-5 but I did get to waste a bunch of money changing my uniforms for it!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I thought you were a nuke? Were you some type of corner? My gip reality is cracking
sts

i was one of the first classups that was not a 6 year contract. when i got to the boat everyone assumed i had been busted down from e-4 while at c school (that i never had)

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
sounds like a standard inspection

just done to one really dumb loving individual

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if you have to stop and ask 'does product x cause problems for any military branch' the answer is always going to be yes.

unfortunately that also includes booze if you get into any trouble related to it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
PULL UP ALONG SIDE BUT DON'T TIE UP

every time i hear this in my head i want to find that short fat rear end in a top hat and punch him even tho i know hes like in his 60s now

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Anita Dickinme posted:

Why would you even shave in basic?

because otherwise you get screamed at for having even a bit of stubble showing?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Stultus Maximus posted:

On your balls? What the hell kind of RDC did you have?

i guess i missed the part about it being about ball shaving

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If he was reduced from AWOL to UA he got a good deal, considering.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i've heard of people not making it on the e-4 test. i'm pretty sure they didn't put their name on it or something.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
He still has to do TAPS and exit interview things. Not quite stealth.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Null Integer posted:

You can always tell a submariner by the weird amount of ribbons, including the "Can't tell ya one"

My NAM writeup left out the real reason I got it. Officially it was because I fixed poo poo that I had no business at all fixing because I never had C school nor any sort of knowledge about unix, but I still was able to come up with a work around to keep a unix towed array processing system running. Yes, my NAM was for hacking the gibson.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

So... My work is garnishing my wages until I pay back my health premiums from when I joined the navy because I didn't give them a request to cancel them.

http://ec.militarytimes.com/guard-reserve-handbook/rights-responsibilities/employment-rights/

Seems to me that they are full of poo poo and looks like something I should take up my chain of command?

Anyone ever deal with something like this?

Start with your LPO & Yeomen, most likely you will end up talking to legal. Start it or kiss that money goodbye forever.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I could have retired at 20 last year. :bahgawd:

:corsair:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sir Lucius posted:

A lot of the chiefs in my building are pretty bad rear end. If you don't have any real work to do they send you home. #notallcheifs

'in my building'

so you're on shore duty and the regular rules do not apply

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Lou Takki posted:

Seems like every drat corner has a CPO selectee car wash thing going on.

Where does all that car wash money go anyways? Don't CPOs get a uniform allowance?

it goes to the hookers & blow fund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Pandasmores posted:

My friend's reading all your posts about boards for pins and he's laughing because he got his FMF pin after several firefights that led to his purple heart and combat action ribbon.

8 hours of telling dudes poo poo about information warfare? Why?

my board for my fish was like 2hr or so. i got off really god drat easy since they only asked me to draw 1 system. most people have to draw at least 4 or 5.

• Locked thread