Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

McNally posted:

Sweet, I got promoted

Don't worry. DFAS will catch it and cut your check to recoup the extra pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

But only after six months of overpayment.

Might be an Air Force thing, but does the Army personnel dept randomly demote people because they cant read an enlistment contract and then tell finance that you were over paid for a year and a half?

Because thats a thing.

Also the shirt telling you that its your problem to fix and by the way you need to learn how to control your finances.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

Hey, guys. Remember Sequestration?

Guess who wasn't getting boned because of it? If you guessed contractors and beaurocracy like DFAS and DLA, then you win!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...m=.1581a0ba2bc2

Eisenhower warned us.

Of all the people I expected to be screwed... The people who deserve it most were not the ones I would have guessed.

Which is good because they won't be. That FW&A will be reburdened to operational units who will have to "tighten the belts to make up for a budget miscalculation".

And everyone involved in that pyramid scheme will get a cost of business adjustment.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Guessing it's a phone posting thing but I couldn't let this slide.

Im pretty sure that was on purpose.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I always loved the pissing contest between gold/silver and cib/eib over the years.

when I joined you were a pog bitch if you didn't have gold/cib but now apparently its the otherway?? lol

Just explain to them what the actual acronyms stand for.

If they still can't figure it out tell them that even an Air Force desk bitch knows which one matters.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Mustang posted:

I don't know if anyone else has a bunch of West Pointers on their facebook friends list but all the dumb posts around every army navy game signed "-X123456" are obnoxious as hell. Go Navy, Beat Army, you fucks

I think it was ESPN but... One of the major sports news networks had a story about why the Army wanted to steal the Navy goat mascot back in the 90s..

Because I guess no one knew that the branches are the definition of Fraternity mentality?

I mean.. We tried to steal the anchor out in front of the Navy AIT dorms at the Medina Annex back in 01.

THREE FORTY SECOND SPECIAL OPS*

* - gently caress you. We were awesome.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Soulex posted:

I already take adderrall. VA doc and not an Army one is all. Hopefully they don't test for the Heroin

Just magically develop IBS and when you piss hot for opioids just tell them its the Lomotil

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

My first enlistment I got no bonus, but three years at the unit I wanted.
A friend went same mos, but no duty station and got like 5k. Bonuses sucked in 01/02

I renegotiated a $15k bonus on a 6 year EOD contract to $5k for weather when I cross-trained after my range accident and left EOD in 01/02.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

I was drunk the other night and wondered if Bergdahl had to do five years worth of mandatory training and briefings when he got back.

Isn't there UCMJ codes against maltreatment?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Do I get a pass if I hated every single minute of my time in 1st Cav? Cause holy god drat were they a special breed of stupid wrapped around a tight little nugget of retard.

Its kind of like Ebola. Yea you were a medical worker but we still have to burn you and all your stuff incase it hitched a ride.

Also, you have to change your name to typhoid 1st Cav.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

acidia posted:

As worded, this contract gives Roche Molecular Systems indefinite access to my medical records and permission to distribute or sell them to any one they want??? Oh, since I skipped signing I wasn't fit to donate blood and apparently hate FREEDOM.

Wait..

Because you wouldn't consent to a research program, they wouldn't let you donate blood?

No.

Call the local blood bank, and every local news outlet.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Its not a HIPPA violation because you are waving protection with the consent form. Thats why they have that secondary clause about it allowing them to share or re-sell with out further authorization.

What is questionable from a legal stand point is refusing to allow you to donate with out consenting to the study.

Thats a load of horse poo poo. And someone needs to burn for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Go back and read the part about pre-authorizing the share of information.

It clears them from HIPPA.

Really. It does.

The entire point of that consent form is to waive your HIPPA protection so they can sell your health information.

• Locked thread