Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Lol, I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A VERY HOOAH DAY

My day isn't very hooah, but it is pretty chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

enlistedmen are nothing but meat for the grinder and really don't matter

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Did any of you guys ever deal with the IED divining rods?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Slithery D posted:

Yes, they were all the rage in Mosul in 2009. We had some heated conversations in my platoon and among PLs about how they had to be complete bullshit. I had to go periodically inspect/help outer city checkpoints and my pucker factor went up a lot when I realized this was the technique being used to keep explosive precursors and finished bombs out of the city.

that's the poo poo I'm talking about. Dude almost got away with it and probably still has millions in the bank for when he gets out of prison in a few years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

not caring here posted:

If you got off at 5pm how the gently caress were you not too drunk to drive by 6?

Buzzed driving is drunk driving.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Low Energy posted:

Sorry, I remember from a past lurking session some meme of him and that LA idiot in heaven being used around here. If it wore out its welcome, welp.

Nah don't sweat flim flamming the zimm zamm.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm a page late to swim chat for fitness tests, but I might have some insight into the passing time calculation. When they were setting the passing time for various age ranges in the navy, they tested various service members of all ranks and age groups for the (at the time) two cardio events, running 1.5 miles and swimming either 500 yards or 450 meters (different times for each) depending on the pool setup. Even today the numbers persist. For a 17-19 year old, they have to do the 1.5 mile in 12:30 or swim 500 yards in 12:45 (450m in 12:35) at a minimum and max at 8:15 and 6:30 respectively.

As you get older, the numbers get bigger for the run, but no so much for the swim. Age 35-39 men have to run between 9:25 to max and 15:00 as a minimum (2.5 minutes of more time) vs swim where the max/min shifts only to 6:53 and 13:23. You have to get to the 60-64 age bracket to break 14 minutes max time on the swim yet they get almost 19 minutes on the run.

The reason the run numbers get significantly easier but the swim times never do is that the people who were the samples for the swim test are your lifetime/almost daily swimmers. No one else volunteered for it. These are also the only people who use the swim test.

EDIT: I don't know why I spent time typing all of this up for a bunch of people who certainly don't care. I blame the dayquil.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Teflon Don posted:

I never miss an opportunity to show off my material possessions because they are what defines me as a person

Same but my dilz.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soulex posted:

I've taken a poo poo giving a piss sample before. That's uncomfortable

That's the best way to do a urinalysis, imo. Make them watch you drop one. Did that more than once.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

dudes my whole first squad basically in the army all died and I missed it becuase I had an epilectic seizure and got turned into a pog and I've been living with guilt over being sub human ever since plz help

Epilepsy is no poo poo. I used to nail an epileptic chick and had no loving clue what to do whenever she had an episode.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wasabi is a brony is I think what he was trying to say.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah an actual Letter of Reprimand going on an officer's record is a death knell to their career and depending on the severity can affect the characterization of their discharge if it's enough to send them to an ADSEP board (at least in the navy). Internally they're called Letters of Instruction (LOI) that can basically be turned into an LOR if needed.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 17, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, I don't know how much you drink, but simply cutting back on drinking caused me to lose a lot of weight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh I agree. I put on weight going through my medboard as well and I was drinking a lot more thanks to the extra bullshit I was dealing with.

Also substituted pot for alcohol and don't drink at all anymore due to stomach problems and it's helped me a ton with joint pain and even my cerebral ballsy. Not being fat is a good thing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You need a profile like that one goons that had no sitting, standing, laying, or wearing a uniform.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

what the gently caress

I'm surprised you haven't seen it. Dude posted pics of it a time or two. His profile basically said "no army stuff at all get hosed 1st sgt" because he was really hosed up and the WTU people kept trying to get him to do poo poo he couldn't.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I found it!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Phuzzy posted:

What the gently caress. How the gently caress do you have this and not just get a medical discharge?

He was in the process of a medboard at the time so some auto-immune problem or something. It's armyposter Delzin's profile. The doctor gave him this after the army kept trying to gently caress with him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

ahahaha who loving cares about ratings if you're getting out

because of the way navy does rankings i was able to help all the rest of the O2s at the squadron by being low enough that he could put a few people higher and not screw up the average.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

comma however...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was responsible for a lost m203 that ultimately just ended up with some slaps on the wrist for everyone involved, me getting trumped at mast in front of the rest of the gang, and I had to send one or two emails off the ship with some forms.

Turns out you can lose a lot of weapons and unless it's a routine thing or a lot of high explosives go missing (lol seals) no one really seems to care.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I didn't personally lose it. My guys couldn't find it one day and brought me the inventory report like it was there and I never went and checked them all by serial number because I was lazy and doing other things. Most likely an outgoing :chiefsay: took it with him. We get into deployment and a new chief and I are doing inventory and we come up one short. Couldnt find it anywhere on the ship.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 25, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:qq: abloobloo meaniehead petreaus wont let me be a retard with my gun, woe is me!

That article just screamed O-1 problems.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soulex posted:

So here we go. Army rated me at 20% disability which is a goddamn insult. VA is 70 which is fine and dandy if I had 30 from the Army. I take 3 Percocet, 4 tramadol, and 2 flexiril daily. Please explain to me why that hobo heroin cocktail taken daily warrants 10% per goddamn leg.

Im fighting this poo poo. I'm gonna get mine.

The army is only going to rate you on your specific disabling condition. The VA is going to rate you on your overall body. In the paperwork you got there is rating explanations. It will lay out exactly why they think each leg warrants 10%. It will also list reasons that would cause that rating to go up. If those apply, you need to address them specifically using the language listed on appeal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

poo poo like this and McNally's Grand Adventure are why I follow the army thread still but don't pay much attention to the USMC or AF ones.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Is there a swimming variety for the PT test in the army?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

look at that loving last name on the signature authority holy poo poo

sooklalimakarowski

I don't even loving know where to start with that name.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wanna see his uniform nametape.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats like someone took an indonesian and a polish name and taped em to each other

It's that god damned ski on the end that has me head scratching. I mean the Spanish traveled the world and added to the gene pool everywhere they went. I can't recall ever hearing of a famous polack explorer.

I was gonna say pole explorer at first, but I've known a few pole explorers in my day.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soulex posted:

Formal PEB next week! :woop:

Congrats!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

he has before its glorious

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not speaking to the quality of drivers, but I have not experienced any real traffic since I moved out of honolulu and off of oahu. My longest trip home to waikiki from pearl harbor (12 or so miles all of which is some sort of highway and/or freeway) was almost 3 hours on valentines day 2011. Additionally, I rarely see someone cut across three lanes of traffic to turn left or right which was commonplace in hawaii.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The story I got from friends back when I lived in west texas was "there's no point in getting insurance on a $500 car. You just go buy another $500 car."

Always have uninsured motorist coverage on your insurance for that reason. There's always someone just bouncing from one shitbox to the other.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Congrats!!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've got an excessive amount of free time that I can help to editing, drafting, contact, research, etc.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the gently caress is a comp day?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

She's not there to date. She's there to gently caress.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hey hct, did the female recruiters that got caught loving recruits get punished the same as the males, or was there a gender bias? i'm assuming you saw plenty of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You guys see the army reserve major that got arrested for threatening to blow up a mosque?

http://www.wral.com/authorities-investigating-incident-at-hoke-county-mosque/15767033/#OHVD6FbA7pmz7YMu.99

• Locked thread