Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Ringo Star Get posted:

A recommendation, as your sim gear gets more serious, you might have to as well. It is rumored that a motor add-on for the expensive Accuforce wheel can break your goddamn arms.

Where dis rumor from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Yup. rF1 has full G25/7 support.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
If anyone is down for some Live For Speed shinanigans sometime, I'm in.

Even if it's a jump track. I miss that sim.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Also, Neils Heusinkveld did the physics. Neils designs and makes some of the best sim gear (in my opinion), has a great youtube channel discussing really good simulator stuff, and had a hand in making some of the best rFactor mods out there (The C6 Corvette and the NSX)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
It's odd that you say that. I've taught two people with my G25.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Same with Live For Speed.

Even lets you burn out the clutch.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

real_scud posted:

This got me to dig out my wheel and play some more.

After going around BL and the new Westhill I have to say I still really, really love LFS.

We should do some pickup races in LFS sometime. If someone pings me in #racinggoons and is all "HEY LETS JOIN THIS SERVER" I'm totally there.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Hngggg. I Want.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

jonathan posted:

Who/where do I throw money at to have a cockpit for gaming. I already have a wheel and pedal combo. If possible I'd like to be able to break it down when not in use.

Also I'm in Canada

Human Racing has rigs for sale. They have an HQ in Canada.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Why is the clutch in Assetto Corsa still stupid?

Resting your foot on the clutch should not make the engine spaz the gently caress out. Seriously.

It's a 'thing' that's been there from the god drat beginning. loving fix it already.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
It can wear out throwout bearings.

I'm not putting enough pressure to cause the clutch to slip. Just keeping my foot there between gear changes. It's a normal thing to do. But Assetto Corsa just bugs the gently caress out.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
So there is a daily goony challenge for Dirt Rally? I may have to try this after all.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
So rFactor is better to buy off the rFactor side. According to EmptyBox. What about Game Stockcar Extreme? Is it better to buy the Steam version? Or the non-Steam version?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Norns posted:

So uhhh. I need racing gloves for my wheel. I've been resisting but I'm going to end up putting a lot of time into project cars.

Any of you have good suggestions?

Karting gloves. Less money than actual racing gloves because they typically aren't nomex.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Isn't Pikes fully paved now?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Norns posted:

Alright. I'm dangerously close to finally getting a cockpit. Do I get the Obuto Revolution, or does anyone know of a better ready made solution? Trying to keep it around a grand or less.

Ready made isn't necessary. See if there is any 80/20 for sale locally. It's all sliding track. So you don't need plans. If you want the steering wheel there, just slide all the joints and BAM, the steering wheel is right where you want it. After how much adjusting and playing around with different seating positions I did, I was very glad I had the 80/20. I could adjust anything. Pedal height, invert my pedals, move things up, down, closer, farther. It's like loving Lego. I didn't measure a drat thing in my whole build. I just put poo poo where I thought it should go, and adjusted from there.

Some guy was selling an 80/20 display cart for 150$. I took it all apart and made this:

It had some flex. And I didn't bother cutting any of the long pieces. But it was a great start. A few more reinforcement pieces and it would have been perfect.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Jehde posted:

The race sim matrix is great.

Might be a bit out of date but.

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Comparison_of_racing_simulators

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo, that would kinda own. Dakar Rally sim maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVaNRTDHhU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You do know stadium supertrucks are actually kinda small right?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You never know really. How a hobbyist decides to scale and model a track.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Does it have an ignition cut?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Yes please.

If you post midday I suspect you could get people showing up for some impromptu evening races.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
That was wicked fun last night. Ya'll missed out.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm going to make the bumpiest and hilliest tracks.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Why does everyone put in the corkscrew everytime.

That said, I want to run it in reverse.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Do my iRacing FOV calculations work in GSCE? (And rFactor1/2?)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I really want to love RF1. It has all my local tracks in it.

But installing mods gets weird fast. Realfeel? Having only one car installed at a time or RealFeel fucks up? Do I even know what RealFeel is? Should I be editing .ini files? Should I be having tons of RF1 installs? But oh but wait! I have the Steam version! Can I even have more than 1 install? I have to choose between more than 3 peripherals. Or having multiple RF1 installs.

I very quickly get dissinterested and go back to iRacing.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8NWSj9d3Fw

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Larrymer posted:

goddamn that looks fun.

tater_salad posted:

this is amazing, must get.

real_scud posted:

Oh good god that looks unbelievable

LFS is great for pickup poo poo like this especially when on Mumble. No need to worry about sessions and poo poo. Just hop on a server with people. And do sprint races every 10 minutes.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Alright. Ohsh and I have discovered the greatness that is trying to find LFS servers with custom layouts. We found one last night with a totally bitchin' rad rally time trial.

Who's got LFS, and wants to schedule a mumble night where we invade one of these bonkers servers?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Advertised 7.1 headsets bother me because there are only two speakers in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I find it hard to get excited for other sims when theres no one playing them online.

Is anyone actually playing Rieza/Corsa/*Factor/LFS online?

• Locked thread