Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

holocaust bloopers posted:

Project CARS, go gold already.

Agreed.

Also the consumer Occulus Rift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You might as well build a racecar with the cost of a setup like that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No I get it. 30 grand also isnt going to get you into a F1 or a Bugatti. But it will get you close with the motion rig.

Still a lot of money you could build a fun track car with.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

PROJECT CARS GO GOLD ALREADY

gently caress

I know right.

I'm trying hard to wait for it. But I keep getting dangerously close to buying poo poo tons of Oval content for iRacing.

I need a cheeper oval alternative whilst I wait for my single player career in road racing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The only game I've been using my H Shifter with any regularity has been Euro Truck Simulator 2. Normally I get lazy and just sequential shift for everything.

I need a sequential stick.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

OhsH posted:

solve both these issues with a th8a from thrustmaster :V

And I just bought one.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GutBomb posted:

From where? They are hard to find right now

In just bit the bullet and paid 200 on newegg. I'm very impulsive at times.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

OhsH posted:

changing from sequential mode to h shifter takes a coupla screws, but other than that it's a pretty drat solid shifter vOv

fer 200 tho you might have wanted to grab the fanatec

Link? I've got time to cancel the order.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Maybe I'll just use this as an excuse to step up to a belt driven wheel.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nothing. It's a pretty solid game.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Linux Nazi posted:

Are there any tricks to improving the graphics in AC? I'm maxing things out and using the post-processing filters, and I have the horsepower to push just about anything, but it never looks that great.

Then I'll see some screenshots online and it looks about 10 times better.

Downsample.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dream Pack 1 for Asseto Cords is out in a couple hours.

Can't wait to run the new McLarens up and down 20 miles of green hell today.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I feel really good about spending ten bucks on the dream pack. My favorite track, and 10 cars I'm pretty excited to drive the poo poo out of.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

KillHour posted:

Sell your XBone and put the money towards the wheel. Duh.

Don't do this. The forza games are a blast.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

KillHour posted:

I keep hearing this, but dropping $350 on a console just to play one ($60) game that needs its own ($200+) accessory is getting into serious "I could spend this money on other things" territory for me.

Also, weren't people bitching that the new Forza is a microtransaction grind-fest?

6 is coming this year and Horizon 2 is great (same physics, more arcade style)

I play with controller at the moment. I've been looking at wheel options. But currently I'm not super impressed with the price of the xbone wheels vs value.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like my g27, but the you can feel the teeth on the gears at times. And it can get loud at times.

I'm looking at belt driven wheels.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jehde posted:

Not a sim, but Dirt 3 updated on steam today to strip GFWL and give the DLC free to everyone. :toot: Didn't even realize there was an RS500.

loving finally.

Couldn't save in career mode before this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm going to have to double dip because my idiot friends refuse to race on PC even though they have full capable gaming pc.

Also means I need a new wheel since my G27 won't work with both of my consoles...gently caress.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I didn't like the 2013 and 14 F1 games.

The F1 racing in Game Stock Car takes large dumps on them both.

ACs F1 mods seem pretty decent as well. I don't have much time with those though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Really tempted to grab that. But, Project Cars is almost out, and Asseto Corsa just got an update.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Falken posted:

On the fence for buying DiRT rally, as I'm probably spending around £1900 on repairing the sills and repainting the front of my car soon. Money's tight. :(

It's early access right now. Hold off.

And project cars is in a week or so.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm having a hard time justifying a wheel purchase. Which is funny considering I own that Thrustmaster Warthog setup for flight sims. How much better is playing with a wheel as opposed to a gamepad?

My enjoyment level went up drastically once I purchased my G27. I have a really hard time playing racing games without it now. It adds a lot to the overall experience. Honestly, some Sims just don't feel playable without one.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I hate you guys. I have to much poo poo to do and play. But now I'm buying Dirt.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Assetto Corsa is an entirely different game with a wheel now. Night and day.

That was the game I was referring to earlier not being playable with a controller.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Coopz posted:

Love Dirt Rally, just loathe the controls and the menu controls. Everything there feels like a after though:(

It probably is an afterthought right now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd so buy that if Project Cars wasn't tomorrow. All that throttle work looks loving fun.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Guys Project Cars is really good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Now do it with a supercart!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

So uhhh. I need racing gloves for my wheel. I've been resisting but I'm going to end up putting a lot of time into project cars.

Any of you have good suggestions?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I would have never though of that. Thanks!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bentai posted:

You could look into Mechanix-brand gloves. Only $20 for a pair, probably a bit more bulky than kart gloves, but they can always be used to wrench on your own car.

I'll check these out too. (I've never driven or owned a car in my life)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What weather options does the new dirt have?

Is snow rally a thing? I want it to be.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That with match making would be the most hilarious thing ever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Box Hill Strangler posted:

Christ, I only just did a 3 month iRacing resub forgetting PCars was due out, and then they spat Dirt Rally at me out of nowhere. Ive gone from not having sim raced in months to not having time to cover it all.

Yeah...I let my iRacing sub run out. I miss ovals a bit, but Project Cars will get them eventually.

I need to try dirt rally, but I can wait for it to get out of early access.

Pretty addicted to Project Cars anyway.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What M3?
:colbert:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That must be loud as gently caress then. The g27 isn't a quiet piece of hardware.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Guy has 5 rooms. People are talking about weed and sim racing, two of my favorite things. The buffalogoon fort sounds awesome.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Triple till consumer VR headsets are out. I like using my tablets and other things for guages, hard to do with a headset.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alright. I'm dangerously close to finally getting a cockpit. Do I get the Obuto Revolution, or does anyone know of a better ready made solution? Trying to keep it around a grand or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I was looking at that stuff on inside sim racing. I'll look around. That looks a lot easier than building the Obuto to be honest.

• Locked thread