Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is there going to be anything special given out during pax east this weekend? Friend's going and wanted to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Scrimsax posted:

Cards, even mythics, need to appeal to casual players as well - it's the reason we have mythics like Sage of Hours and Temporal Trespass.

But I'd run that thing in mono-green EDH in a heartbeat.

Yeah I'm sure casual Timmy players don't play with Jace TMS or snapcaster or cryptic command because they're too powerful. We've had this discussion before and everyone does better if a card is a good, not just "spikes." Imagine if that cool green creature summoned a couple 5/5s with trample for the cost instead - or anything more useful than the garbage it does. Timmy's definitely gonna say no to that.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Entropic posted:

Of course if you want to be fully protected you put each of those triple-sleeved cards inside a hard toploader.

I mean, sure, your deck will be ten inches tall, but you can't be too careful.

This is what people do for their legacy decks in the philippines.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Anime sleeves are good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mcmagic posted:

Hmm so anyone know why Flusterstorm has spiked to 62 TCG low in the last day?

LOL what. I only remembered them as $15 easy pickups and never cared beyond that. I have an extra 8 of these. Hello new boxing gloves and computer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Snacksmaniac posted:

I hope it shows up on buylists. I have like 12.

How do you type with them on?

I enable dictation LOL if you don't phone post.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I will be disappointed if that FOW isn't uncommon. It was already hard enough to get the 12 I have and I want more - it being rare or mythic would be even worse.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Can't wait until someone inevitably says maybe the rares aren't for you or that not all rares are so bad or some nonsense instead of just making fewer, better cards.

e: welp, I was already beaten

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

W

BJPaskoff posted:

Oh my god. I need to erase this from the internet so I don't have the conspiracy theorists having more ammo that some cards are "more rare" than others of the same rarity.

why, because it clearly shows it?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The lending decks drama is the reason why I only lend things to my friends and never to the serious crowd that will use it to grind qualifiers or large events. My friends can certainly join me in those if they want. At least I know they'll grab me a dinner sometime. And, it seriously pisses some people off that I'm keeping the good cards away from "real magic players" and how dare I have so many FOWs/duals and we'd have a larger legacy scene otherwise, lol.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Somehow control is going to be blamed for this state of affairs yet again.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SteelMentor posted:

LGS got their Dragonfury board in the post and the whole thing's surprisingly fun for what amounts to a cheap sideshow game. I hope it becomes popular because more silly rear end games like that would make Pre-Releases so much more fun.
We have p bad hand eye coordination so we'll complain until we can have good and right intellectual puzzles like the star(navel)gazing Theros game. gently caress you jocks!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Me in my boxing gloves: fumbles around and rolls 2 points then angrily smashes the board

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

New

Entropic posted:

So is this guy a giant skeleton with normal human skulls on his necklace, or a normal sized human skeleton with, what, little monkey skulls on his necklace?

Maybe he died in the swamp on his way back from the halloween store.

New Necrons shaping up nicely.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Spiderdrake posted:

You ever considered a map of a given Magic plane? The city of guilds has like, six landmarks tops. 100 miles is how big these places are. Tarkir has a single river!
I asked about this before because that's what it always seemed like to me. That these weren't complete universes and were really like small snow globes. It was never a satisfying answer but it makes sense not to build a world Tolkien-like when you have to do it every year.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I never believed there could be a good online magic comic but here we are. Thank you. Maybe there was a good goatkcd one

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

e: never mind

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The important question is: Does Brian Kibler have a Patreon to support his fashion wardrobe?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I have never met someone who pays for streams. Can someone who has walk me though the thought process? Really confused ATM

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Guess it kind of makes sense if you put it that way. I've never found them entertaining enough to pay for and its always been donations and never an entry fee. Movies and SA are entry fees.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

gang sines posted:

it is a turning point in a young child's development to realize other people like different things to them

It is also a turning point to a child to realize that they could both celebrate and criticize things.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

jassi007 posted:

This is a funny way of saying I was wrong.
We all play this children's card game. You can make fun of it. Same thing with paying for streams or an SA account or being basic. Don't be so defensive about it. We are all really gay, so what

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

gang sines posted:

lol guys i don't get why people would pay money for thing?? <-- a sick "burn" or "diss"

"I'm a gay retard baby and pays for free content online and defends it on a paid forum." It's not hard to answer, now you try.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

gang sines posted:

I play wizard poker and have a droopy baby dick

:agreed: , me too. This is our support group

kzin602 posted:

I've offered to play with 'known' cards face up infront of me after being thoughtseized rather than make my opponent keep notes and they looked at me like I had grown an extra head. I guess human decency has no place in MTG.

nah brah, this is also how I play. It is the baby dick casual way but I'm willing to admit it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

This isn't directly related to MTG but I figured I'd share some sad not so recent news that I only discovered yesterday relating to a player from the goon community.

DPOC, I believe he went by the full name Death Pits of Crap on here, was a really friendly guy who found me through a post I made here several years ago about streaming cube. He and I became decent online friends and would screen share on Skype to help each other draft. I took a break from the game and stopped talking to him and then when I came back he wasn't ever on Skype anymore to play with me. Well I finally figured out why yesterday when I remembered that he and I were Facebook friends. Apparently almost two years ago now he was murdered by his roommate. I don't know if this news somehow found its way here before this,or if anyone else here had ever interacted with him like I had, but it was fairly devastating to me even though we had lost contact a couple months before his tragic death. I wasn't really sure if I should post anything about it here but I figured it was worth sharing since he was a really great guy and a pleasant part of our community.

Holy poo poo. I was wondering why I haven't heard anything from him in a while. Used to play and hang out with him before he moved. Just checked his facebook and can confirm - he never used facebook much and I would text or call him instead. :ohdear:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Reminder that EDH is now a sanctioned FNM format and at least 2 stores I know of run it (..concurrently with standard and/or draft). So lmao that it remains sheldon's terrible rules playground.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

UberJew posted:

To be fair literally anything is now an FNM format, even formats you make up yourself.

One of my friends has been joking about getting our store to run Chaos Sealed (everybody brings six packs, throw them in a garbage bag and shake it up, distribute)

If I show up to play with my ridiculously expensive foil deck to win a prize less than working minimum wage after 3 hours of play, there had better be solid rules backing it up.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Coming in Q2 2016: magic keeps up with the cool kids and releases Small Heroes TM product, compatible with their old commander products!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

EDH is a circlejerking format, it's bad if you circlejerk with only one buddy. you have two hands, use them people!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Unfortunately Force of Will is not tiny leaders compatible, but you know what is? Wasteland. And it'll be uncommon for a printing like that like it should be.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I like how they got rid of tuck to mitigate the need to play tutors, instead of just getting rid of the stupid loving tutors in the first place. Survival of the Fittest is not banned in a singleton format lol.

Hey dude, I still need to trade off 5 of them so let me finish doing that first.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pinwiz11 posted:

Any interest that I had in EDH is now dead. (Previous interest: 0.000001%)

Interest in EDH should honestly only be from a financial perspective. I'm still lmao that my scion foil dragons are worth something now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Dr. Stab posted:

How do you even play flip and rip properly with innistrad? What do you do with the DFC?

You shuffle away from sight and play. You rip every other card so it doesn't matter if you can see it anyway.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Angry Grimace posted:

Ugh, this "strictly better" poo poo is the most absurd goony semantic argument ever. Couldn't one of you have just said "ABU duals aren't strictly better because of interactions with cards that care about basic land types?" Its like one sentence and then we can all stop with the pedantry. I'm scared to look back and see if someone actually took the "Shock isn't strictly worse than Lightning Bolt because of Hitedsugu's Second Rite" thing seriously.

The lead pedants made a new thread just for it lol but who knows if it'll even stay there or if it gets enough input to not fall to page 5. Someone did say the watch wolf isn't strictly worse cuz of some dumb enchantment.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Usually it's lame when people bring their "not for trade but really for trade when the deal's good enough" binder but sometimes I am thankful they do. It's not often you can trade for the fun foils like snaps and goyfs.

What's really funny is when people have two binders: the intro binder to see if they can trick you into trading for lame $5 cards, and another ~special magic~ binder with all the $20+ stuff. I just shove all that poo poo in the same one. They only seem to bring out the latter if they're convinced you don't really want to trade your snap for some lame full playsets of temples!! and are convinced that you'll trade it if they'll let you in on the ~good stuff~ lol

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I'll trade you my Collectors Edition Mox Pearl for your Tarmogoyfs

Is this in your cheapo binder or are we already past the foreplay stage into the REAL TRADING WIZARDS stage

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sigma-X posted:

Conversely there are people where if you don't have that will be like "hey I want all your $80 cards I've pulled them out of your binder with my peanutbutter fingers already, here I have a binder filled with the 45 cards I drafted and a tips card let's find a deal"

At the height of my trading I eventually had a Standard/Commander binder, a legacy binder, and then the "secret" build binder that was cards I was looking to keep but would bust out if we were going to talk about big boy cards like duals and jaces.

Just put them all into the same binder. I now have a small box with all the dumb $1 rares because that's easier and they don't deserve a bidner. I offer it upfront if they want to look through it and don't try to reserve my good stuff until I'm convinced they won't give me the cool guy shark deal

e: TBF it's also annoying to deal with everyone pointing at your foil japanese first page stuff and saying over and over again "well if you see enough stuff..."

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Xeom posted:

Goons should I sell my Deathmist Raptor now? I feel like it will drop in price once the set is released :|

Compare it to whisper wood's price history and similarity in usage and hype.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Scholtz posted:

Well duh, I'm asking what colour her hair should be.

Red. Asuka Langley Soryu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The gay sleeves are rad. I never got them cuz when I was more sober the next day I realized how expensive they were.

Scholtz posted:

Which one is more kawaii/will instill fear into the hearts of my enemies?

You want a sugoi one, because

forbidden lesbian posted:

also asuka needs to looks pissed off, those are some shameful sleeves

but I'd take the second one cuz that's at least showing her ego. Anyway, I'm sure there are bathing suit ones for the near-naked versions you were talking about. It's really odd that back in the philippines or hong kong or hawaii where I've played, you have normal people playing with anime sleeves but here in the mainland it takes a specific kind of bad person to play with them.

• Locked thread