Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
They finally put a match on stream that is straight out of the EDH Durdle Turtle Playbook and everybody bitches?

There's just no pleasing you fuckers.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ramos posted:

I straight up know nothing about Darigaaz though.

edit: Nope, there's our one truly non-dick dragon. Sadly, that means like everyone else nice, the Phyrexians wrecked him.

Two, actually. OG Darigaaz, a.k.a. Gherridarigaaz, died saving Urza from Radiant.

Her son, Rhammidarigaaz, a.k.a. Darigaaz, the Igniter, sacrificed himself in a volcano to turn the other 4 Dragon Primevals mortal because they were wrecking poo poo.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Looks like a dude just providing Japanese commentary of the match. I watched about half and didn't see anything unusual.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
1-of or 2-of Bow of Nylea in the board breaks these games wide loving open. Expect that to be the thing that creates endgames.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I wonder if there's a correlation between the people making GBS threads on The Best Command and the people who thought Lifelink for Instants Bear was the hot poo poo and Manifestization sucked.

Spoiler: Yeah. It's the same dumbs.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You put it on an opposing creature, dipshits.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Anyone who disputes this is the wrongest

It is you who is the wrongest.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Vial of Dragonfire: Literally a much worse version of an ok Fallen Empires card.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You loving idiots need to stop vomiting your turdposts for a couple of days. It's getting old. This thing is literally more vulnerable than virtually every other creature in standard. The only maindeck removal it dodges is Chained to the Rocks and it also dies to Reclamation Sage which is the loving ~MAINDECK ENCHANTMENT REMOVAL~ you keep pretending doesn't exist. Christ you cunts make MtGS look loving smart.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

whydirt posted:

FYI, if you have to ask an Internet forum which color/guild/brood pack is the best at the pre-release, you're probably not winning the tournament even if you get it.

Just pick whichever seems fun you nerds.

Close the thread until next spoiler season. It's all downhill from here.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZXp_5M_7c

Petition Square-Enix to make this the official playin' Magic song.

You know Jace is basically Squall, right?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

GonSmithe posted:

I'm pretty sure Azusa was worth a lot already because of "competitive" EDH.

There's nothing competitive about mono-green unless you're competing to be the person watching everyone else play after your elimination.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Wezlar posted:

Are people even running tutors to find their commanders and not to find the cards they need in their 100 card singleton decks?

Only in Magical Sheldon Land.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Serperoth posted:

This, but for Cycling and Kicker.

Stop reminding me how poo poo their last implementation of Cycling was. :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Buyback isn't ever coming back. Flashback was a fixed Buyback and it's been tremendously successful at meeting that goal.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AlternateNu posted:

Oh, I just saw this killer game of flip + rip where the guy tore a foil Liliana out of a russian Innistrad pack in front of this 11 year old disabled kid who needed that as his last card for the Modern deck he had been slowly buliding over the last 3 years by saving money scrubbing floors at the orphan's home he lives at.

Serves that kid right. That deck is junk, anyway.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Samael posted:

If we are going full circle, how about bad goonpinions?

Loaded question for you guys, so with the new dragons cards, what deck do you think is going to be the deck to beat? Or is it going to be a reasonably open standard like the past 6 months or so has been?

Mono-U Devo v Selesnya Devo erryday. Nykthos triples in value.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Serperoth posted:

Someone is selling a Mono-U Tron deck, asking for 300 euros for it. List is as follows:

1 Platinum Angel
3 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Sundering Titan
2 Treasure Mage
1 Wurmcoil Engine

4 Condescend
1 Cyclonic Rift
4 Expedition Map
2 Mindslaver
1 Oblivion Stone
4 Remand
4 Repeal
1 Spell Burst
3 Talisman of Dominance
4 Thirst for Knowledge

1 Academy Ruins
1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
8 Island
1 Tectonic Edge
1 Tolaria West
4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Power Plant
4 Urza's Tower

And the SB:

2 Aetherize
3 Dismember
1 Ghost Quarter
2 Spell Pierse
4 Squelch
1 Wurmcoil Engine

I see no Karns in there, and I have an Ugin of my own, but I don't know if it's good value. The Islands are full-art ones (from what he said), and the Wurmcoils include their tokens, I presume from the Commander deck. Any goon opinion? (If it's long let me know and I'll fix it)

http://deckstats.net/deck-6301096-9083c22881f6e918fb7577619829a6f8.html

60 Cards 2.64 avg. Modern 134.04 € $ 185.04 95.48 T

Full art Islands or not, unless it comes with solid gold blowjobs, gently caress that guy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The only way to play Weiss Schwarz is to make a LH deck with Asuna sleeves and an SAO deck with Akatsuki sleeves.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Are we back to ins anely sexy sleeves already?

My sleeves are red.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Madmarker posted:

Anime sleeves are fine, creepy booby anime sleeves are not.

Please provide visual examples of which anime boobies are tasteful and which are creepy, thx.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Baka baka baka!!

Anafenza is not waifu-tier. She's onee-san at best.

The only true MtG waifu is:

:stwoon: エリシュ・ノーン :stwoon:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Terrible Horse posted:

What stream is this on?
http://twitch.tv/scglive/

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Since nobody else posted it, here's the wallpaper sized art for the new Thalia:

http://i.imgur.com/TvZ9AOm.jpg

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The top standard decks are here:
http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/71_or_better_standard_decklist.html
3 RDW, 2 Sidisi Whips, 5 Siege Rhinos of various speeds, 1 Abzan deck without Siege Rhino (:wtf:), both kinds of Jeskai, U/B, Esper, G/W. Basically Abzan is the best deck and it's varied otherwise, so same as always. The Abzan decks have for the most part changed nothing other than adding Ultimate Price and Dromoka's Command.

The ultimate winner of the tournament did put new Sidisi in his Abzan deck but he was only 5-3 in Standard so...

It's kinda awkward to lump Constellation in as "Abzan without Siege Rhino".

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Bugsy posted:

Not sure on the online prices but: http://mtg.dawnglare.com/?p=viz&s=TMP

Don't forget that the only reason Earthcraft is only $25 is because it is banned in Legacy.

I don't know why they bothered with this whole slick remastered stuff. Cards are gonna look like 90s era JPEGs on MODO anyway.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Angry Grimace posted:

dudes running grips of tutors and un-fun rear end in a top hat combos.

Show me on the Stuffy Doll where the Netdecker touched you.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

black potus posted:

casual format: get some dudes who don't know how to play magic, give them some boosters, and follow whatever rules they invent to play the game

Sounds like how Hearthstone happened.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mcmagic posted:

He's better at magic than you. You don't have to play his entire 75 but there is a reason he's making those choices.

Literally everyone in this thread is better at magic than you. Physician, heal thyself.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 31, 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TheKingofSprings posted:

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=9470&d=254302&f=MO It looks like Collected Company is the real deal.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=9463&f=MO also lmao modern sure looks healthy

#2 deck in the modern PTQ with singleton Peek over Git Probe. THIS IS GOOD MAGIC, BROS.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Could you dipshits be more wrong?

I'm sorry that my commentary on your poo poo ~carefully-tended garden~ format went over your heads.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo I am down for some sw8 dog pictures.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

jassi007 posted:

It is a flex spot really, some versions run probe, some peek, some thought scour. It really points to how awful modern blue cantrips are more than anything. I don't get quite why Toshimo picked this as a thing to stake himself on, he's wrong. Peek is a card that successful Twin builds play. That slot, and be it peek, probe, or scour isn't the most critical choice in the deck. It probably isn't a 1% effective difference. I play the peek, I agree with the having an instant, and sometimes it is a bonus that lets you see if you can go off or not.

Uhh...

My original post was a sarcastic quip about how Peek is actually a thing (in the context that cantrips have been banned into the ground so WotC could have this elegant, yet garbage format).

You are actually agreeing with my point.

The problem came in when functional illiterate and forum superstar mcmagic came in to tell me that "literally all Twin decks have switched from Probe to Peek". I easily showed how that was demonstrably wrong in about 30 seconds of work.

Then mcmagic, Angry Grimace, and the shitpost brigade proceeded to have a whinefest that drowned the thread in a singularity of suck.

This is a cycle that happens pretty often:
Step 1: mcmagic posts some idiot poo poo that makes no sense.
Step 2: Somebody calls him out on his dumb poo poo.
Step 3: He whines about how he's ~terribly persecuted~.

Turns out he's the only one with this problem because he's the perfect storm of worst poster and most prolific poster in the thread.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

LordSaturn posted:

It's not that McMagic posts wrong things more often than anyone else, it's that he always picks a loving fight about it.

loving stop slapfighting, pitiable rear end, the meta-argument over how wrong you are is super loving tedious.

Yo, bro. Let's talk about Robots. Cranially plated Robots. RIP artifact lands.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Attorney at Funk posted:

I mostly think the Eldrazi creature cards are really stupid. I don't think Annihilator is all of that but by god it doesn't help.

gently caress off. It That Betrays is A++ and I won't hear otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Spiderdrake posted:

Well I do sort of like Artisan of Kozilek as well
I thought Homeward Path was explicitly printed to give people a solution to that sort of thing in Commander?

Homeward Path is the ~most Sheldon card~. It's hot garbage, but they printed it because people kept getting the feelbads when someone control magic'ed their commander.

• Locked thread