Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Elyv posted:

I just want to know what Durdle Turtle is going to do in Dragons' future, hopefully he'll exist and be better.

The DTK durdle turtle durdles around until the end of your next turn, and then he returns to the battlefield, confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Northjayhawk posted:

well, there are some cards where the ultimate is more realistic and so much better than the -2 that part of the strength of the card is occasionally living the dream. Like with the KTK Sorin where the ultimate is a somewhat-reasonable goal, I'll get out the vampires if I have to, but if I manage to successfully +1 once or twice in a stalled-out board, then I'm going to start putting in serious effort to get the ultimate. If I had to +1 Sorin 4 times though, then I'm not even going to consider it.

Like Vensers Ultimate. I don't think I ever used his -1, because his ultimate was excellent.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Aisar posted:

it's gonna be shiiiiiiiiit

It'll be CMC 7 and fog for only tokens. Oh wait there already is a poo poo G/W rare that does that.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

kzin602 posted:

The 'front' face of the card is still a creature so you would have to pay the mana cost to turn it face up like any other creature. While manifested it is still a 2/2 morph critter thing.
The dual faced cards don't actually have two faces in the rules, they are 'transformed'.

The only proper way to handle these cards will happen in the far future when we have all ascended to machine intelligence in thrall of the eternal ultra-MaRo; only then can we properly think in the four dimensional space required to comprehend a three faced card.

edit: you pay the mana cost, not the cmc

Or just slap a manifest token over any and all cards that get manifested.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

fadam posted:

Why won't MTGO let me open these spare Theros/RTR boosters I have?

I had that same problem. I even went through a lengthy process with an ORC but they just didn't understand the problem. There is literally not an option where there usually is to open them.

I don't know why it won't let you open them, though. My problem never got fixed and I stopped using MTGO

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Angry Grimace posted:

Draw your deck, hit them with a Lightning Storm for lethal. The deck literally cannot beat anyone who has more than ~28 life.

What if they have a land card in hand?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Olothreutes posted:

Nothing yet, but commander 2014 wasn't announced until July 28th of last year, so I would expect an announcement about it in the next few days. Lets hope for 4 color commanders :v

Nah, this years release will just be five different colorless decks, if the current trend holds true.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Angry Grimace posted:

Maro says they want to make less new dudes.

So Maro says they want to make more new ladies?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Lets Pickle posted:

They haven't revealed a single common Ally yet, just a bunch of ridiculous uncommons and rares in all colors. Looking forward to see what common Allies show up and what kind of mana fixing for your inevitable splash.

Skyrider also a cool callback to Nimbus Swimmer as a 0/0 for UGX.

It seems like a combination callback to Nimbus Swimmer (UGX 0/0), Skyreach Manta, and Gaea's Skyfolk (in its most basic form)

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I'm getting a 'Scars of Mirrodin' vibe from this set. I think its the interdependant colourless/ingest/processors, which reminds me of infect. That, and the whole storyline of the natives battling against a vast all consuming enemy

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
So.... somebody is using magic cards to launder money again?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Rimusutera posted:

While I agree with basically everyone else that the a replacement pack is a sensible solution to the problem that leads to no disruption for everyone else at the table, it still leads a bad taste in my mouth and anyone who sits down at a draft unwilling to pass valuable cards just because there's more than one in a pack is a greedy buttface. :colbert:

Isn't the point of drafting that you sometimes have to make hard decisions?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I got a Liliana of the Veil at the Dark Ascension pre-release and have held onto it ever since. Last time I looked, she was priced at around $40, and now its $94?

How did it get so high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
A while back someone posted a link to a remake or mod of the old shandalar game with new/modern cards. Does anyone have the link to that handy?

• Locked thread