Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:frogsiren: Terrible food trip reports are now a thing, if you wanna sacrifice your dignity for the internet, go try something disgusting and give us a writeup. :frogsiren:

Post your favorite food disasters you see on TV, social media, or in real life. Just so long as it's something actual people are eating and not just some gross ingredients thrown together just to look or sound awful and then dumped. Nobody wants that. Other than that, anything goes, from good food photographed badly:

Phaeoacremonium posted:

It's ice cream. The angle and colour is just bizarre.

To garbage in huge quantities

Or the just plain weird:

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Oh man, these cookies sure do look delicious, like red velvet or something.

quote:

I made menstrual blood cookies! I am not entirely happy with how they turned out, so I am going to experiment with some recipes throughout the rest of this month so I can try for something great next cycle. This recipe was far too floury.
:gonk:

Trip reports:
bunnyofdoom tries the Big Boss, which has less snake than one might imagine. And provides his taste test of the reeses cups burger, wherein he both wins and loses.
GOTTA STAY FAI tries out some weird Illinois regional food. And then explains the history of the breakfast abomination only known as The Harold And finishes up with a beautiful hand made reeses cups stuffed burger, beating out Bunnyofdoom. PROCLICK
cash crab a local raccoon tries out Subway's in-name-only Lobster Sub And then goes balls ovaries deep into a Double Down
johnnyratbastard demonstrates false advertising with the help of Pizza Hut's mince pie bite stuffed crust pizza
PandaK makes his own pizzabomination
Horrible Smutbeast channels M Night in his tasting of Cadbury's with Vegemite.

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 19:26 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's a whole lot of differences between the two, different consistency, flavor profile, all sorts of things. A properly cooked burger (lightly seared, medium rare or bust :argh:) compared to a loose meat sandwich are night and day, not saying that the latter is bad of course, but you really can't compare the tastes of the two.

That said though, yeah, it's definitely cooked that way for efficiency's sake as others said.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Loco-Moco

I'm not unfamiliar with the fried egg on a cheeseburger, it's one of my diner drunk food staples alongside various meats in tube form, but lovely, rubbery McDonalds egg product on a low-quality McDonalds burger? God drat.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Maybe time has worsened my memory of them, but I have nothing but awful memories of McDonalds eggs. I don't even mind their burgers that much, and if I'm feeling particularly lazy I'll grab a McChicken from them for lunch but that combination really doesn't sound appealing.

Legit shocked that they use real eggs though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know I have a personal resolve to try everything in life once, no matter how weird, gross, or unusual. But "Deep Fried Creme Egg Bacon Poutine" is too much for me. My chest kinda hurts just looking at it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

On one hand, this would probably be delicious, as I love strawberry desserts, frozen or otherwise.

On the other, it looks like either a terrifying growth or a horror movie egg sac. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least half a dozen movies with an almost indistinguishable prop.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

ChildsPalate.txt

douchebag.txt

"I'm going to make wild summations about a person's quality based on one aspect of their life I don't approve of"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Seriously, what is this?

Looks like mac and cheese, inside a potato, wrapped in bacon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've never heard of this before, and I'm currently binging through all their cooking shows. It's marvelous. :allears: And yes, the Frisk creations are the best.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

loga mira posted:

Canned peas with mother loving butter

Is this a weird thing? Literally every christmas, thanksgiving, and any other major holiday dinner where annoying relatives come over and eat all your food I've been to has had buttered peas or corn. For like three decades. Is this another case of the midwest skewing my perspective? :ohdear:

Also, that 'potato flakes with butter and soiled waffles' picture makes me insanely hungry. Not even sure what's in or on the waffles, but it looks really good.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

canis minor posted:

Although this combination I'm really afraid to try

Baked bread with lard, pickle, large amount of cheese and garlic sauce.

Isn't that just regular old heartland garlic bread, but with pickles on it for some reason?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seriously, out of all the things in the world, canned veg is pretty solid. Frozen is kind of a chore and never seems to taste right, but canned stuff is just fine.

Convenience isn't a sin, yo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Plan Z posted:

Hey, those are open-faced spam cheesewiches. Those don't belong in this thread, they're great!

:frogout:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Brits invented a sandwich that is literally butter, white bread, and french fries. I don't think they can claim any sort of moral high ground just on that front.

That said, getting all :byodood: over butter is incredibly silly.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm American and it's really loving annoying when Americans in this and other threads get super defensive about what people think we eat. It's true that America is huge and has super diverse types of pretty much any food you can think of but getting upset about it on this of all forums is pretty ridiculous. Why are goons so weird about food

Because this kind of poo poo is everpresent?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

no see, the proper bread is (according to this thread) the whatever the hell thing they use in america that apparently is so exclusive they can't even butter it and edible only when slathered with lots of miracle whip.

Asian bread like the Cambodian baguettes and Vietnamese bahn mi are loving amazing but nope sorry, those are sexpat food so gently caress you gonna stuff this maybe gluten-free wheat product with lard and corn syrup down my throat, gobble gobble wrobble

Like, the prevailing attitude is "pfft, look at these plebs, eating -thing-, they should eat the superior -thing- I like because it comes from my country, instead of that lovely country". Nationalistic bullshit is annoying no matter what side you fall on.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I knew a dude who refused to eat chicken unless it was very pink in the middle. He bought low quality bargain meat too, I don't know he never got sick.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

empty sea posted:

Her mom made caramel pie by boiling some cans of condensed milk for like 12 hours, not even in the pan, but still in the can. It was the best loving caramel pie I've ever eaten.

Boiled condensed milk pies are delicious, definitely not something for this thread. But speaking of pies, that does bring to mind an old thread favorite:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/paula-deen-savannah-high-apple-pie-recipe.html

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I had a key lime pie martini at an office christmas dinner once, since my drinks were paid for and I like trying weird cocktails.

That poo poo was absolutely rank, the first sip nearly made me gag. And I like sweet drinks. Never again.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Antifreeze Head posted:

Harken's back to goon BulletRiddled's Noah's Ark Burger. Two of every animal you can get at Burger King on a bun. Veggie patties also included, because that's apparently a suitable stand-in for unicorn meat.

This reminds me of the Thompson's Gambit from way back, get every mix-in possible at Cold Stone in one gigantic glop of sugar and regret.

Most of the videos seem to have disappeared, sadly. I could only find this one, which is great just for the staff's reactions.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

mds2 posted:

The guy behind the counter makes this whole video. Otherwise its just some smug fatty eating a lot of food.

Nah, GKirby is a pretty cool dude, the only goon to complete the challenge, no need to be a douche. Wish the original Medibot video still existed though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I am an awful, awful, awful photographer of food.

Salted dulce de leche brownies. Turned out really delicious, but look kinda like a pile of turds when I take a picture of it.

Man, that looks like some runny turds right there. Some runny turds that, based on your description, I really want to try my hand at making.

:stonk:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Under the vegetable posted:

Americans put whatever we want on pizza. There's a place in media pa that has a NY style that ends up being a couple inches thick because there's an entire baked ziti on top of it. The pizza I order the most often from local places is pineapple, bacon, banana peppers, and jalapeños.

I don't know where these misconceptions come from.

This place by me has no less than 100 different toppings. There's more options than I could hope to try out in a lifetime, with meatball and french fries with goat cheese being one of the more surprisingly pleasant combinations I've tried. They also have this amazing garlic and spinach vegetarian pizza which I looked down on at first, being a meat guy, but holy poo poo it was amazing

There's a lot of variety to be found, you just need to look around a bit.

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 15:29 on May 4, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ogive posted:

What, no egg and no cheese? What do they want me to do, suffer?

(EDIT: is that cheese or ranch dressing? search/replace with the thing that's not there as appropriate)

It looks like pepper jack cheese to me.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've lived in the most cheese happy state in the union since the day I was born, and even this makes my chest hurt a little bit.

Also, deep dish is great, it's the reason we begrudgingly accept Chicago, c'mon guys. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That last one is pizza though. It's the most basic form, just the base ingredients, I don't know why you have this weird hangup over it.

Basic pizza can be good or bad. Crazy artisanal pizzas can be good or bad. Just because it's expensive and hip doesn't make it good, nor does being cheap and affordable. Jesus.

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 15:17 on May 5, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Why?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hello, Pizza Hitler here,

This is awful, why would you do that?

Scorpion tastes horrible, if you're putting desert animals on a pizza, you can't go wrong with rattlesnake sausage.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I actually kinda like the taste of green tea flavored stuff, but some of the concoctions people come up with are really unappetizing

It looks like some sort of hellmoss.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

Colorado is pretty nice.

No no, he wrote it wrong, the real saying that any state that borders the ocean is poo poo.

Easy and common mistake.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I can't take my eyes off of the Black Blood steak. Deeply unsettling doesn't even begin to describe it. :stare:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've seen this so many times, but I still can't even guess at what it is. Green borscht with chicken and a giant raw red potato?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Casu Marzu posted:

Most stores in the US age for like maybe 18 months if you're lucky. On the other hand, in Wisconsin we can get up to 19 year cheddar pretty easily, an one place does a 21 year old release every fall. :dong:

Man, here in Wisconsin we can get store brand well-aged cheddar for dirt cheap. And quality stuff too, despite the incredibly low price point.

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 01:11 on May 24, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You really cannot photograph chili and spaghetti well, even at the best places it looks like a mess. But it's still insanely good, mainly by being pretty much impossible to gently caress up.

I say 'pretty much' but I'm pretty sure that company hosed up.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Japan's taking their ice cream floats to the next level.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hot dogs? Chicago? Okay, sure, let's just post the Mighty Dog video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2wKmRH6DU

WOULD

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I disagree whole-heartedly. While I don't like it personally, some people do and that's alright. Stop being a Hot Dog Hitler.

Hey, he's not being the Hot Dog Hitler, Chicago is. That is their one rule, accepted by all the residents of that weird and terrible place. They can define their salad on a bun however they like.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Chicago is a magical place that gave the world the brownie, Twinkies, Cracker Jacks, Italian beef, jibaritos, introduced the gyro to the US, and Lou Malnati's pizza. It is a pillar of all that is good and right in this world. Not to mention we're always near the top in murders. Year after year! :smug:

Wisconsin cheese. :smuggo:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Come on Chicago, you can do better than that. We did.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

boo_radley posted:

motherfucker you think this is a game???

Oh you wanna run this straight to the nuclear option, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

I can't remember the name of the cheese it reminds me of, but I know it as a kind of Scandinavian variety you warm in a pan at low heat, then dip in honey. It IS amazing cheese.

It's literally called bread cheese. It's delicious.

As for the kraft singles thing, I can't imagine a grilled cheese without one, or one of my pop's old homemade burgers. Call it nostalgia, or whatever. There's better quality stuff out there, but it just isn't the same.

• Locked thread