Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty sure this is just a toad in the hole with bad lighting and a lovely instagram filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's what I can see through the cuts in the icing that worries me more.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Dawg I hate to tell you this but that's not icing

Enlighten me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is Hershey's the one that literally tastes like vomit because they use the acid that gives puke its flavour as a preservative?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Would probably invent myself tbh.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Can't be that bad.

E: fixed for breaking tables.

Dabir has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Jun 19, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is it fish or plasticine?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You've heard of sponge cake, now try loofah cake?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tin foil.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rah! posted:

Jean-Luc eat the egg

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My family has used margarine as long as I can remember. It's fine. You're not supposed to spread it thick enough to taste it, it's the glue that sticks your sandwich-filling to the bread.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Trent posted:

Add fat you can't even taste because your weak rear end grip can't hold a sandwich together

What is a metaphor?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This doesn't look even slightly disgusting. It just looks like a stew.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Roro posted:

Sausage casserole photographed in such a manner that it looks like bloody diarrhea.
No it doesn't, don't be silly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The most intriguing thing about this one is the can of whole beets on the table.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Overminty posted:

I don't quite remember them having so many small gaps of air but tbh but whatever. Giant yorkshire pud supremacy.

Having said that though...

Now I'm hungry you fucker.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Because dogs is what it has been set to look for when analysing those images, I believe. My understanding of Deep Dream is that you set it to analyse for a particular thing - faces, animals, buildings, etc - and then it looks for the things, and when it finds the things, it enhances the bits it finds to make them look more like what it's looking for, and cycles back to the start. So if you set it to animals, you get animally things, if you set it to faces you get lots of eyes everywhere, if you set it to buildings you get architectural features, etc.

I understood it a bit differently, you give it an image, then it takes random noise and refines it into the bits it recognises in the original image. And because it's been trained on pictures of buildings and dogs, that's what it recognises. In everything.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's a gimp.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shrink-wrapped beef?

E: Wait gently caress is that maple syrup

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Triple-cooked chicken bolognese in a mug posted:

As you can tell from the photo, the pasta is actually sitting above the mugline. This made it easy to eat initially, as one might use one’s lips to consume an ice-cream at speed. Unfortunately once past the mugline, the sauce itself was too stodgy to remove through pouring.

Pros and cons emerge from the next stage — the small exposed surface area ensured that the meal remained hot, which is excellent, however the only non-cutlery based consumption method was to use the tongue to scoop, which resulted in the sensation of burning. In the end I was forced to employ a teaspoon.

In summary, pasta from a mug is not something I relish again, although I realise that I have used an atypical dish as a first attempt.

Mug-food rating: 3 out of 10

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty sure I've been there in a couple of video games.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Scathach posted:

I would eat the hell out of that cheeseball-olive porcupine. And the raw porcupine. And really everything on that table.

So that pool cake-- why is the jelly topping thing green instead of blue? I'm guessing they used mint jelly but blue jelly frosting water would go a long way to make that look edible.

Ah yes, blue, the colour of literally nothing edible in nature.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Baldbeard posted:

This is an outrage.

No rules

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it was me and I am challenging your no pizza rules

it's pizza

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Did you drink it 6 hours beforehand?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm confused, what about those cookie/biscuit looking things says burritos to you

They're potato smiley faces! And they're in burritos.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

-CHA posted:

Or you know, we could just continue to post Aspics.

probably not a true aspic since it comes out of the can in that consistency.

It's got a happy face!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tastes like feet.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DekeThornton posted:

How about some oddly local food wierdness, that I first encountered when I lived in the uncivilized southern parts of Sweden. I blame the corrupting influence of Denmark.

I'm pretty sure this is literally a Muppet Show sketch.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Son of cash crab posted:

Loose corn can't be plated properly no matter what you do to it. It's always going to look like a pile of old smokers' teeth on a plate. However, a bowl of loose kernels, properly seasoned and salted is delicious. Butter, a little roasted garlic and onion, salt and pepper and you've got yourself a tasty side to many dishes.

The taste of it makes me feel sick. You know what I hate? When fuckers mix it with peas. I like peas.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The bun is overcooked. The meat looks undercooked. It averages out as a drat fine burger. Would.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cool.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It looks like insulation foam.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RJWaters2 posted:

TRIP REPORT

Results: I made this and ate it and regret it

Did you also sneeze on it or something?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

titties posted:

Cold press does not include the necessary step of heating the water to 190 degrees F and is therefor not allowed, please stop discussing it

coffee pol pot

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aurgh not again

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It looks like bland chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ostriches have incredibly long legs, the goose wouldn't even have to aim carefully to break one.

• Locked thread