Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Poor Takeo is blinded by his misunderstanding that he's the sidekick :ohdear:

e: I was sorta hoping Suna rejected all those girls because he was actually gay.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

Just watched the first episode. (I have not read the manga.) It was very good.

I get the feeling Suna might like Takeo. Like as in more than just a friend like. It would be interesting if they go with Takeo and Yamato dating, and Suna silently pining after Takeo. (As long as it doesn't change the tone of the show. That is was what I liked most from the first episode.)

I got the sense that Suna just never really paid attention to girls but Yamato somehow made an impression. Could be wrong and maybe he is gay, we'll see.

Manga people please don't spoil whatever it really is, not even in tags.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fake Takeo owns so much but the other two look retarded. The girl looks like a dude. Hell, she probably is a dude.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's viggynash being a weirdo again, nothing to get alarmed about

Wait, is that the norm for me now?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Spoiler that ASAP.

It doesn't help that you quoted the spoilers.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Takeo, no! Please don't ruin your own romance!

Terper posted:

They padded it out with some anime original stuff (the butt tree) so it didn't go as far as I thought it would. Dammit. Now I have to keep the post I've so desperately wanted to make on hold another week.

The butt tree wasn't in the manga? What a strange thing to add.

Entertaining, but still... strange.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
If you think about it the beam part is pretty contrived, but it was also the best part of the episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Suna for bro of the year, Yamato for most adorable of the year, Takeo for MC of the year, Ore Monogatari for anime of the year.

Just throw it all the awards.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
e: Whoops, wrong thread.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 26, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That's great and all but what do you think of My Love Story?

;)

Whelp, this is the wrong thread for that post, thanks.

As for the question, My Love Story is Very Good, with an emphasis on Very.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

And they even layered a high-pitch version of his voice to go along with it. :allears:

Everything was wonderful this episode. I feel like BBB and this are going back and forth for my favorite show of the season with every new episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

coathat posted:

Research

Sounds like good people.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just watched episode 1 following seeing a (spoiler, obviously) webm of a certain scene from episode 4 accompanied by Gureen Lagan music and I want to see how the hell it gets to that.

That webm owns.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

I love how Yamato's big problem is that she wants to make out with Takeo.

Is it though? That seems too obvious.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Suna may be too bro for his own good...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm loving the fact that Take and Yamato are equally autistic weirdos and that the only reason they don't break up over silly misunderstandings is that Suna is a world class bro

Also that training montage :allears:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
You people take the most random things literally.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fangz posted:

Anime is hardly alone in this. I think Haddon's Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-time is the only realistic autistic protagonist I've seen in any medium.

There was a Bollywood movie called My Name is Khan about a Muslim guy with Asperger set around 9/11 that was really good. I can't really think of anything else featuring a legitimately autistic main character.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

MattTheDoctor posted:

I prefer the cosplay Takeo that's been going around. He had the perfect mix of strong features, giant body, and overall...squareness. Suna and Yamato look good though.

Agreed, though I really wish the girl had Yamato's hair color.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Suna's on the cake now too!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

there was a recent article about a muscle cafe or whatever, but it was limited time only. there are definitely cafes with male hosts for gay customers though. kinda felt like Bro Cafe overlapped the two.

a link re the macho cafe, though i thought there was one featured this month on ANN as well: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-04-04/spend-easter-at-a-macho-cafe-in-tokyo/.86718

E: Nvm, VV first article was the things I saw.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I was expecting him to suplex the thing (ala Nichijou). Nope. Backwards punt into the ether.

Me too. I was a little disappointed because of that.

• Locked thread