Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone remember when Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was a popular musical? Strange times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like Jesus Christ Superstar I understand, given the time of its release, its sympathy with Judas, its sort of half-questioning way of dealing with the whole story. But Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was one hell of a thing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What's everyone work of fiction which addresses the mythology? I enjoy Sandman, I, Lucifer and The Mysterious Stranger, although there is also an angel in the Wrinkle in Time sequels, if I remember correctly. Supernatural is going into like it's 11th season now. All those things have angels, God and Satan, but I don't think any of them have Jesus. Maybe I, Lucifer did though, I don't remember well enough.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oh, and I suppose there's Angels in America. A lot of works about God depict him as an absent and neglectful father figure for humanity, perhaps to preserve His mystery and avoid establishing too many rules about Him.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really like all the Twilight Zone episodes with Satan, especially when he is played by Burgess Meredith. There are also some with guardian angels, but I don't believe God is any of them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I kind of miss the Twilight Zone interpretation of the Devil, when he would just kind of show up all over the place, usually smiling, making deals with people and being tricky. One time he was even Julie Newmar.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There is an action figure of one iteration of Twilight Zone Devil:

It doesn't look like any of the Guardian Angels made the action figure cut, though. Nobody must want to display them on their shelves.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

What about movies of Jesus and photos of Him?

Which movies? Like the Mel Gibson one? There just aren't as many. I don't think He got His own comic book series, like Lucifer, either. Someone should work on one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

You see that CD in that bookcase? Guess what CDs do particularly well?

Play the music of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Weber, when conveying the rock opera of Jesus Christ, superstar.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Another great work which often features el Diablo is the classic opera, Don Giovanni, where the titular don is dragged down into hell for refusing to repent for all of his prevaricating, philandering and murder by duel. However, I like to think that he then uses his trickery to turn all of the Nine Hells into a swinging party, adding all of the souls of the damned to his lista.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:wth:

The Devil is manipulating the posts in this very thread...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Needn't fear, for it was merely I.

Sounds rather like something ol' Scratch would say. You're about to get banned for account sharing... with the Dark Lord.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

And noted Magician and stage talent.

And lo, thou shalt call my works illusions, for tricks are the wares of a woman of the night.

-Exodus, 20: 4

*organ begins playing Europe's The Final Countdown*

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm Mr. Morningstar, Governmental Statistics branch.

Which religion is the fastest growing, you say? Well, I have an answer for you, but I'm afraid I'll need you to sign something to have a look at our forms. Ignore that burning smell, haven't been able to get it out of the office since I started here. Oh, there's no need to read over my contract. No, no, there's no monetary cost. In fact, I can promise that as long as you're alive, we won't be taking any payment from you. Just a little signature, that's all I require.

If you could just skip over those paragraphs regarding New Hampshire lawyers or southern stringed instrument contests, I'd be much obliged. They just take such an awfully long time to read for mere trifles. Well now, thank you kindly for your John Hancock. I'll just be on my way for now, but I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon.

Wahahahahahahaha!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Here at Governmental Statistics, we know your deepest desires, and there is a hundred percent correlation between you signing one of our simple contracts and your achieving those desires.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Here at Government Statistics, we like to emphasize that there is no evidence of an afterlife, especially not Hell or, indeed, an immortal soul. If, for some reason, you happen to find yourself with a piece of paper in front of you which requires you to sell that made up concept, say, right now, then we encourage you to sign!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Holy Trinity Quiz:

1. What political party do you think Jesus would think most confirms with His expressed beliefs and will?
2. What do you think God's thoughts would be about the fact that you can get dog by making the English manifestation of His name backwards?
3. Which Seinfeld character most resembles the Holy Ghost? (Please note: "none" or "all" is not an acceptable answer.)

Show your work.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I will accept answers to my quiz, if they are good, as evidence.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This guy's a faker, he's a copy-paster, won't answer my quiz 'cause he's not a content maker.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

1. Don't know.
2. Stupid.
3. None.

Wow. Wrong on all three answers!

1. The Very Silly Party from that Monty Python sketch.
2. He would think it was cool, because everyone likes dogs.
3. Newman. It even said you weren't allowed to answer "none!"

You don't know a thing about religion, you poseur.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does Satan also have resurrection powers or is that forbidden to the evil cleric spell list?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Resurrection is a 7th level spell for all Clerics.

Wow! Satan must be able to cast at least 10th level spells, so I imagine he also has the power to resurrect. He also seems to have better manifestation powers and forms.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What if your prayers reached the Devil instead, though? Cure disease is probably like a 5th level spell, so he probably knows that one too.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Satan is not a giver of life. He is a destroyer of life.

Surely he wants people to live long and prosperous lives, so that he has more opportunities for temptation to seize their souls?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've never heard of the Devil ever curing a disease. I believe that the devils are not capable of doing any good.

Many stories involve the Devil exchanging long life or healthiness for souls, while God is more prone to test His worthy followers with disease or other torments. May I direct you to the book of Job?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Not to the people losing their souls, or to Job, it isn't. Job wasn't laughing!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If God really loved this copy/paster troll guy, he would have made him keep the Hepatitis C and also maybe some cataracts, like he does with his truest followers.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I received a tainted blood transfusion of gammaglobulin (Hep C) when I was young due to Kawasaki's disease, but unlike the others who received the sample, I tested negative, so God also does not love me nearly as much he loves Job. I got the disease for children that makes your tongue turn into a raspberry and your skin turn into a horrible itching mass, plus I learned I was allergic to aspirin such that it causes my throat to almost swell closed, and I guess I was in danger of my heart having an aneurism, then the blood they pumped into me was poison, but, well, it got better, so I must conclude that Job is higher up on God's best friends list.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Job would be in heaven as a superior being, for he has received his reward.

See? So if you really want God to bless you, you should have stayed sick, like Job! You've got to read that book you're always quoting, man!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Would like some cheese with that wine?

I just want to be loved as much as Job.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Job was put to the test. This test I believe is simply something that man cannot understand.

You could not understand the form of God's attack!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

You can speak your grievance over with God?

God cannot think rationally any more, and He isn't even aware of what He is doing now. His own mind was destroyed by His incredible power. What an all-mighty idiot!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I took a picture earlier that I also believe has evidence of the spirit world, but it seems to be sending a very different message from the one the OP is pretending to espouse :confused:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It is foolishness to you because you lack discernment of things spiritual.

Actually, I solved the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time quite easily, so once again you're wrong. Maybe it is you who lacks discernment of my vast spiritual energies? How about you put that in your camera lens and smoke it, pal.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Who What Now posted:

I always did the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple because the Mirror Shield is rad as hell and the Shadow Temple sucks rear end.

Hey OP, will video games exist in heaven? I know they will in Hell, so this is really important to me. I feel like I will finally be able to practice speed-running MGS3 if I have all eternity to do so but I'm concerned that the fires of hell will be slightly distracting. Then again all the a-holes screaming "holy, holy, holy!" in god's ear forever will get old fast. Please advise.

He who sequence breaks in a Zelda game shall be cast into the darkness, where there will be much gnashing of teeth, and never shall he see My light.

-Hylia 4: 26-27

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Thou shalt always love each Zelda to a hundred percent completion, and never shall thou stray from doing things in the right order.

-Farore, 12:7

The lens flares you see in the pictographs are the fairies, who are closest to the spirit realm, and walk in the bloom-lit twilight.

-Navi, 2: 24-23

"Hai! Hyaaaa! Ya! Yaaah!"

-Link, 1:1

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I read the English translation.

This is a really bad idea if you're about to embark through the puzzle traps that lead to the Holy Grail, FYI.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What God wants God gets, God help us all
God wants peace
God wants war
God wants famine
God wants chain stories
What God wants God gets
God wants sedition
God wants sex
God wants freedom
God wants semtex

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The devils in hell act like evil clowns. They are big-headed fools.

Is this what you want for you and your children?

This image is loving hardcore and if I had a band, I would use the large clownface as our mascot for stage shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

WELCOME TO HELL, EVERYONE!! WHO WANTS TO HEAR THE BADASS MUSICAL STYLINGS OF...... THE BIG-HEADED FOOLS?!?!?

• Locked thread