Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

Polikarpov posted:

God I'd expect a coordinated division of destroyers can unleash an absolute poo poo storm of torpedoes. Finally the IJN's torpedo doctrine will have its time in the sun! :japan:

For US destroyers, did Wargaming factor in the terribleness of the MK 8 and 14 torpedoes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

srb posted:

Doesn't help that all of the Japanese battleships up until the Yamato uses the same basic secondary armament configuration, which is anti-destroyer/anti-cruiser only, with only a few dual purpose guns (two AA emplacements per side; Amagi gets 4). Gonna really suck in comparison if the US battleship hull upgrades get 5" dual purpose batteries for the mid tiers, giving them probably double the effective AA of Myogi, Kongo and Fuso.

Tatsuta still has the most hilarious AA setup. Four big sandbagged platforms around the first funnel featuring all of of one Maxim gun each.

Pre and early-war AA really isn't much.

Wait a minute? Does the Yamato gets access to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Shiki_(anti-aircraft_shell)

If so, then Playing carriers in tier X is gonna suck if the player rolling in the Yamato knows how to deal with planes.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_battleship

:stare:

I don't care how they do it, but they need to put those things in the game.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

xthetenth posted:

High tier. The tog is slow and not that well armed. The maximums could at least move, and have a wall of guns.

I could see these ships being a tier 8 premium or even set up as its own "experimental battleship" line on the US tech tree.

"Tillman IV" might be a bit OP when you look at it's stats:

quote:

25.2 knots (46.7 km/h; 29.0 mph)80,000 short tons (72,600 t)(24) 16-inch (406 mm), 50-caliber guns in four six-gun turrets

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

Mazz posted:

A distinct lack of the Alaska too.

Is the Alaska going to be on the BB line or CA line?

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

They're splitting US cruisers into CAs and CLs, confirmed that it's coming several times, but keep saying the split is being delayed by a lack of a sufficiently documented, suitable tier 6 light cruiser candidate to go between the Omaha and Brooklyn, as the Cleveland is being bumped to 8. If they've finally found one, then I think the split could happen before we get German or Russian battleships.

Pretty sure the Worcester is going to be 10, but it's not beyond them to make it a 9 and find something on paper for the 10.

e: And the Saipan has just been added to the store, $53 USD for the ship, slot, 150 flags, and a month of premium, or $43 for just the ship and slot

It has 8 aircraft per squadron, or 9 aircraft if you have the skill, as did the third Saipan I saw, which used a 9 plane dive bomber squadron to absolutely muller a Furutaka.

Where would the Alaska Class end up when they split the lines? Will they put it as the tier 10 CA, or will they shoehorn it into the US BB line?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a premium ship though.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011
Finally unlocked the Kongo and promptly get blown the gently caress up by a Nagato in the first match. On the other hand, the Furutaka is one helluva bully boat with its 203mm guns murdering DD's at tier 5.That one is going to be a keeper even when I move on down the Japanese CA line.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

wdarkk posted:

Kongo is good, but any ship is going to struggle against a similar ship 2 tiers higher. Are you on the stock hull? The stock hull has considerably less armor than the later hulls.

Yeah, it was my first outing in her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Torpedoes aint nothin' but a thing

Touhou levels of grazing.