Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I'm having a lot more luck than I really should playing my Georgia ( and to a lesser extent, the JB ) in ranked. Mostly because you can use their speed to push into an aggressive position, and the combination of secondaries, good AP/HE, etc, make them a threat to pretty much everything. Plus, those secondaries are a great help when you're dealing with other BBs who want to just nose tank you.

The Sashi is good, but I feel like the lack of mobility and fast turrets really hurt it. :shrug:

I feel like the Misso and Alaska should do better than I end up doing in them and I'm not sure why. Not seeing a lot of Missos in general, so far.

Also the loving Benham spam is slowly driving me insane because they and the Morgadors are played so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

The best part of ranking out is never having to play below like 10.

The 17-10 bracket is just infuriating.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Ranked is really annoying right now because until rank 5, you can basically win by playing any BB you're comfortable and able in. Just take an aggressive posture, pressure points, and you'll win more games than you'll lose straight up to rank 5.

Rank 5 is a Kita-filled hell and there aren't a lot of great options for dealing with them due to their high HP and high damage. And it takes forever to get a match. And there's a good chance you'll be saddled with someone playing a Kita/Bart/Morg that doesn't understand how to play to their strengths, so they suck and die.

I actually spent the steel to buy a Black just because gently caress Kitas and it is extremely cathartic.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah I'm sure submarines will be wonderfully balanced and not at all a problem.

:yeshaha:

I hope they add the carrier sub as a joke.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Made of piss.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

My biggest problem with ranked 1-5 ( that isn't epiccenter ) is that one of two things happen:

1) I play a serious ship very seriously and there's a fair chance I lose because we get saddled with LT_JFK in an Udaloi or something. I end up not being near the top on points because I play for the objective.
2) I play a ship that is fun or shits damage and have a fair shot at hitting the top and saving a star regardless of what happens, but I don't have the same ability to create opportunities and help.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lord Koth posted:

You'd be wrong. A huge chunk of the 270k tonnage the Soviet submarines racked up was in the Black Sea - very likely the majority, possibly the vast majority (I'm having trouble finding a precise breakdown). It was very much used for shipping to supply Army Group South though, and was subsequently used for evacuation from the Stalingrad pocket as well.

The Romanian navy was the most significant opposing force to them.

As far as I know a lot of the Soviet subs were old as gently caress and looked... somewhat like the UK's designs. I'm interested to see how the Soviet sub service would have done in a shooting war with another navy given how their navy had not a great track record going into WW2.

They did a great job blowing up transports and hospital ships tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Preechr posted:

FYI in case you missed it, the change to AA priority sectors and Manual AA earlier this week has severely reduced the AA capabilities of every ship. Now is a good time to play CV if that’s your kink. Powerful AA cruisers like Minotaur are still alright, but all BB’s are helpless solo and poor DD’s got absolutely ratfucked.

It truly was a great idea to do this at the same time they released a DD line without smoke, 10/10 my smoldering French rear end would patch again