Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm starting to think From Software is one of those japanese devs that actually enjoys making the exact same game over and over and over with a slightly different coat of paint each time.

im wary of any game franchise that doesnt do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you have to have some sort of a mental disease to accuse the ppl at from soft for taking the easy way out, whether u like there games or not.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
demons souls was released when teh ps3 was pretty new and that runs really well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i seriosuly think most ppl in this forum just talk out of their asses lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im doing a no shield no armour + no lvling vitality run on dark souls ATM. i was doing a sl 3 run but its pointless since i always lvled vitality last anyway. its basically just the same as a normal run.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i never understood sl1 runs because it always seemed people just leveled pyromancy which seems the same as just not levelling vitality. Well good luck on your quest.

thats why i did sl3. u cant use pyromancy since theres no attunement slots but u get to use a few more types of weapons instead since u have an extra point or 2 in dex/str. i mean i guess u could use a ring for attunement slots but i didnt. but its still not really much harder

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yeah... but the no shield, no armour, and no vitality run is freaking fun. ppl should do those instead of sl1

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Someone post spoilers.

-_-

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the worst souls feel ever is seeing that a boss has one hit left and mindlessly jamming on attack to just finish the fight and misjudging their attack animation and dying.

its yer own fault if u do it :P

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i played a little bit of this at a friends a couple days ago . do the later enemies have some kind of poise? it felt like i could just mash stuff down. the cleric beast was great fun though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
good to hear about the poise. i play unlocked a lot. Im MLG lol :P

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Later enemies are harder but there is also a bug where if the game has been left on with the ps4 "rest mode" then the bosses AI get dumb as hell

thats a cool bug

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im getting this tomorrow :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im playeing this. i chose the axe/halberd as my starting weapon, but ill probably change it once i pick something else up. do u really need ps+ to play this online? i got a free trial anyway.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i have to grind bullets cos i ran into father gascgoine first + i dropped like 10k souls there -_______-

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
how fast does the homeward bone thing work? i mite just grab them and bone out and come back later. could i parry him then use it?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this game is scary . im scared of horror but i love dark souls games so much

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
most of the npcs wont talk to me QQ... guess ill come back later.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
vicar amelia is insanely hard. is it just me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive killed blood starved beast, cleric beast, gascgoine, and the witches of hemwick. altho i havent went back since i got some twin bloodstone shards and got my weapon to +5

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it turned out to be ez with a +5 weapon :-) i wasnt doing much dmg before

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dropped down from the roof with the item on and visceral attacked the shotgun/tonitrus dudes and only had to fight them one at a time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the forbidden woods is my favourite area in any game ever. its sooooo big

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
can u play a mage style build in this? i picked up a bunch of stuff that has big arcane requirements

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i guess theyre sort of like spells?>

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

beat the daughter finally felt loving awesome

got the real final boss fight

kinda sucks that I gotta beat the game 3 times for trophies but it will happen anyway

Im going to beat it 20 times

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im going to play nothing else until mgs5 comes out in September

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well... i might play scholar of the first sin to, now that i have a ps4.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im playing a str build and ive only found 3 weapons i can use so far (kirkhammer, axe i started with, and wheel) and i just beat micolash QQ

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i mean i can use all of them, btu those are the ones with good scaling.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
has anyone beat all the chalice dungeons yet. is it worth going through all of them. as in , is tere even a single thing in the later ones that i wont see in the main game, like a hidden superboss, or a chalice dungeon only weapon or something. i got an "uncanny saw cleaver" from one of my root chalices but the only thing different is the gem slots

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like i know theres secret bosses in the early ones, but do they start reusing old bosses eventually

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

there a cool boss you can only see at the very end of the pthumeru chalice dungeon lines. the ver y last one.

theres also the beast claws in layer 2 of ailing loran chalice which are cool because they turn your hands into werewolf hands and scream every time you transform them

cool.. ill do all of them then. although for now im playing a new character so i can use skill weapons

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ausmund posted:

How are you suppose to play chalice dungeons? Are you suppose to do every single one, layer by layer, going to all the detour rooms, getting the collectables? I'm at the sinister pthumuru labryinth and I don't think I can do this poo poo anymore. I just wanted to encounter unique and challenging enemies and bosses that weren't in the main game.

edit: Like which one's am I "supposed" to do and which ones are pointless and I can skip? I heard there is a badass secret boss at the very end?

u can just run to the bosses if thats all your interested in dude... its your party

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if you want epic loot like high level gems and blood rocks and stuff, those are probably only in the depth 5 dungeons, so explore the ones that say depth 5 in the description

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
This is the best game ever made

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Does anybody use the right side touch pad item shortcuts though? I never once assigned something to those slots

i put everything on there except healing items + fire paper

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
depth 4 chalice dungeons seem like theyre 100x harder than depth 3 ones. does anyone know how to beat the creepy screaming Fast Zombies in ailing loran that guard the levers and coffins... they can one shot me and theyre really fast and they can poise thru my kirkhammer

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i'm also curious about chalice dungeons. i just put my pthnumeru one down and have been exploring it, and i'm sort of stuck on the hell-hound boss. i can leave without any negative consequence and come back to it right?

yeah. make sure u light the lamps though, theyre the checkpoints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ds2 dlc is the hardest , and maybe the hardest chalice dungeons are hard too. maybe even harder ... im not that far yet.