Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It's SPRING BREAK and instead of going out and getting drunk like a frat bro I'm gonna stay in and play Bloodborne. Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I like the really goofy half jumps you had use in demon's souls level geometry to get to some items

Thief ring ruled though, I basically always had it on.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

The special blood that makes everyone into monsters comes from space aliens.

You can try to "troll" me by posting all the spoilers you want, but come tomorrow I will be playing this game and you will not.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

01011001 posted:

good lord gently caress those rolling ogres

There was an ogre with a ball and chain in one of the chalice dungeons I did. Nightmarish. Really anything with a ball+chain is loving terrifying to fight.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

01011001 posted:

i mean if you try to parry it like normal monsters its not gonna work and it sounds like he was mostly doing that. cleric beast can be nasty if you have one of the less good weapons for it, i struggled with the cane before i found the saw-spear and beat it in like one more try

I thought you could parry the Cleric Beast if you shoot it in the head during certain attacks, just don't remember which ones. You can do the same to Amygdala when he opens up his head sphincters to shoot poison at you and then visceral attack him.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i have
1) Ultra Gem (idk how to get)
2) All Weapons (just need the one from the chalice dungeon)
3 & 4) endings
5) Hunter Special Items where is the one that chameleons you into a messenger... what the gently caress...
6) i guess one for doing all fixed chalice dungeons?
7) upgrade a weapon to +10 where the gently caress do i get a blood rock

Ultra gem just do chalice dungeons eventually you'll get to the point where every gem is high enough level to unlock it. Blood rock is in the nightmare of mensis if you take the second cage down you can jump out of it and into a window and get to a lever that will drop down the brain that makes you frenzied and you'll find the rock where it falls.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's still a Heineken beer can and car parts in the trashpiles, they re-used the trash textures from Dark Souls, except now it's pretty obvious with all the higher texture settings.

Yeah you shouldn't be it's just to give people a challenge who want a challenge.

Maybe Yarnham is a society that's been rebuilt after the apocalypse and this is just a subtle hint...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I need to look the insight thing up since i don't really notice a difference after spending it all

*checks wiki*

oh poo poo so THATS what made the enemies different and weird poo poo start happening O_O

Nintendo has the patent on sanity meters so they made it a number instead.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

getting used to the damage all the bosses do in ng+ is hard... with 15 vit
since i'm making mad bank i just die until i get the dodge pattern down, which is usually something stupid and easy to keep going. example, for abhorrent beast boss in chalice dungeons (which is not scaled to ng level which owns kind of): walk up, dodge left, attack and immediately backstep. pattern repeats until fight is over.

Go to the cursed pthumerian defilement and get used to doing it with 7 vit.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Although the game is more about fear of women & babies than of immigrants.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i've just decided gently caress it i'm gonna max out this insight. eat every skull I've got and every skull I find, currently sitting on 80 insight

99 is the max

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

The Nightmare Frontier is loving confusing

it's not very big, but there's a lot of paths through it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

gently caress that last hunter in the crow quest

Get him to 2 hand his katana and then run away and he'll keep it out and die from the hp loss.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Wanna find that weapon

It's in Lower Loran IIRC.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

So I've got 3 places to do now, Byrgenwerth, Nightmare Frontier, and Cainhurst. Byrgenwerth is progress so I don't wanna do that yet, so should I do the Frontier or Cainhurst first?

Frontier's easier and shorter, Cainhurst has better rewards. Do Byrgenwerth though, it's the easiest.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Logarius is loving impossible, he spams poo poo constantly and his 2nd stage is just loving insane

In my experiences he is pretty easy, just avoid his blood spell spam and attack his swords.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

gherman is loving hard

you can parry the second hit of all his combos real easy

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

If you beat 3 Chalice Dungeons with 99 insight before finishing the game, Aeris doesn't die.

Yeah but you gotta kill her yourself to get the good ending.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i just learned that chikage, kirkhammer, and ludwig's big sword can combo out of their sheathe transform from a neutral position (normal/no movement, no attacks) into a neat attack, and kirkhammer/bigsword can combo from the straight sword transform. very epic

Every weapon has a transform attack if you transform in a combo or after dodging.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Got the plat. Game is great.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

stoutfish posted:

i went explorer in scholar of the first sin and it's like i picked deprived but i start with items.

i needed 7 levels to use the fire longsword and lol my weapons degrade twice as fast thanks 60 fps

Did not get the plat for this game, because the ancient dragon is the stupidest fight ever concieved.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

rediscover posted:

numbers didnt go that high in dark souls..... my desire to play this game has juts increased exponentialy, farther than i ever thought possible. high numbers make my poo poo stiff, you see

Remember how in Final Fantasy 1 you ended with 500 hp, and in final fantasy 2 (4 in japan) you ended with 5000?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

>tfw the final shot on a bloodborne boss is a party

*Every Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne character comes in the room for a HUGE party!*

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Meant to say Parry. Apologies

No, you deserve a party for beating that boss, and earning yourself a rare Gold Trophy.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i wnt really hard to make a new char but i feel like first someone should write me a memo that says "GO HERE TO GET THE FOLLOWING UPGRADES:" anyway please do this for me

Jump over the graveyard fence in yarnham and get the summons, kill martyr logarius and buy the chikage. get the evelyn on the way.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

do beast claws + blood pellets stack the speed beast mode increases

no, and the bar resets when the pellet wears off

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I tried a few times last night and stopped and did the shadow of yharnam fight instead. I can't get the wheel if I kill rom before logarius, right?

no you can get it anytime.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Alfred:
•Hunts down the corrupt vilebloods, killing those that would prey on the weak.
•Number two man of Executioner Logarius, a super powerful boss.
•Stops Annalise from corrupting more hunters, a feat that even the player can't accomplish.
•Kills himself in the most honorable way after fulfilling his dreams and trusts the player to carry on his legacy.
•Pure aryan genes

You:
•Fat
•Ugly
•Vileblood scum
•Live in your mom's basement
•Have to drink the blood of a demigod before you feel safe invading people
•Can't even handle a real fight with an executioner
•Has to invade noobs to even stand a chance
•Cheeses everything with the cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU