Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How do I know when I'm ready to do veteran dungeons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Invite @ketermuls to the new goon guild please.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Kaddish posted:

I can't believe they never implemented a server wide auction house/store.

Best decision the game ever made btw.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The three act play structure of the zone quests gets predictable after a while but they are generally well done, especially the recurring characters, especially the non mandatory ones like The Daggers

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

So the fire balista is basically a tactical nuke launcher now :getin:

Could you clarify what the new siege meta is?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I'm starting to think that THE GREAT MAGE VANUS GALERION is a deliberate parody of Treahearne, whereas Treahearne is a mary sue who steals the spotlight from the hero Vanus is a self-proclaimed mary sue who expects that everyone think he has always been the hero.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How does endgame gear work?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 2, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What campaign are we on now that Thornblade is deserted?

Also, how did Thornblade become deserted?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 9, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I use FTC and Srendarr and I have no problems with UI clutter :shrug:

How do you move the debuffs out of the quest log area?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the tactical difference between reduce cost and increase maximum enchantments?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

If you're a DPS, reduce cost enchants seem to be better, and tanks seem to benefit way more from increase stat regen enchants.

So Why?

Also, how much health should I have as a dps?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 19, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Well for one, increase stat enchants go on armor only, and reduce cost enchants go on jewelry. Maybe you meant increase stat regen enchants, which also go on jewelry.

If you're a DPS, reduce cost enchants seem to be better, and tanks seem to benefit way more from increase stat regen enchants.

I just use stat regen enchants though. Easier that way.

There's also food vs drink to consider.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

RCarr posted:

Does anyone know if I will be able to transfer my character to the Xbone when the game comes out for consoles?

I only bought it for PC a few weeks ago.

No, they limited the transfer window for some stupid reason.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

The transfer window has been pushed up to June 1st now, so if anyone is playing on PC and want to copy their account to console make sure to do that sometime in the next week. Console release is out on the 6th if I remember right.

June 1st is the charcopy day.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What time?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a zone that features Hermaus Mora?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

On the PC side anyone know of an add on that gives tool tips in Provisioning ingredients. I can find lots that tell you things when at a fire or about recipes, but nothing that lets me look at a looted ingredient and tell whether I know the recipe for it. I imagine I will eventually have a set of favorites, but right now it means filling up inventory with a lot of unusable stuff very quickly.

Sous Chef.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I just realized my new horse cost 30 bux I feel dumb.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Adorable if true.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Whats the big deal about that dungeon helm and pauldron?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

It's a unique helm drop with the best effect in the game all-around. It has a chance on every single skill cast to summon a Dwemer Sphere that restores either Health, Stamina, and Magicka over 6 seconds.

What does grinding it mean? Does it drop randomly like some circa 2002 raid gear?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

tgidieday posted:

If a skill costs magicka, its damage scales as (spell damage * 10.46 + max magicka). If a skill costs stamina, its damage scales as (weapon damage * 10.46 + max stamina).

Now before you have sets that boost weapon or spell damage, armor enchants, or a large number of attribute points, you can safely pick whatever skills you want from magicka or stamina. But eventually, if you're dps, you'll need to gravitate towards one or the other, otherwise you'll be at about half your potential.

If you like fireballs and feel pressured not to use them, ignore the pressure and keep going. Reflective light is a solid choice for the single-target weave on a magicka dps templar, and it synergizes with your dunmer fire passive. Jesus beam is magic damage, so you'll lose a little there, but you'll still have no trouble getting to 14k dps.

If you want something more stamina-based, I posted my 2h build a few pages back. That's what I'd do, but that doesn't mean anything.

The key is to find what's fun first, then you can optimize it like crazy when you get to vr14.

What is a "spell"

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

JackBadass posted:

Eeeeehhhh... Race sure, but class and level is a valid thing to scrutinize. If you're not up to par with the rest of the group, then that's a valid concern for the group.

I'm not really sure how much of a big deal class is aside from a handful of passives if you have a stamina build.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is going to be the new Goon campaign on EP PC?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

It's nearly unplayable without mods so it is worthy to bear The Elder Scrolls name.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 14, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

JackBadass posted:

Maybe the PC version. Console version is perfecly fine without mods.

How do console users figure out prices and search the guild stores?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

tgidieday posted:

Because a game mechanic that hasn't changed in a year shouldn't require an effort post. Most people would just go "oh, good to know" and move on.

Patch notes and dev blogs arent good for learning about combat mechanics.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I think its okay now.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

This. Cross-faction play is coming eventually

On a biblical time scale.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Have you done so?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

It's another one of those times where they just apply an awkwardly placed bandaid instead of fixing the actual problem, namely that the actual grouping tool is garbage which is why no one wanted to use it in the first place.

As around 5 people have said, every worthwhile MMo does this.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a way to make the loot history window not block the chat window?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Am i supposed to have a guy called "soul of dusk" with Molag Bal's VA yelling at me every so often?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

Where is it at? I don’t know what they have the name set as in subtitles, but my only thought is that it could be nearby Dolmens. Or that it's a bug in a region, for a few days in Orsinium everyone was hearing shouts from a quest near the starter area.

Cyrodiil

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

HAHA the load times were about completed quests all along!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

Where is it at? I don’t know what they have the name set as in subtitles, but my only thought is that it could be nearby Dolmens. Or that it's a bug in a region, for a few days in Orsinium everyone was hearing shouts from a quest near the starter area.

Apparently it was my Shield, grievous ward.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Usenet Magic-User posted:

is this game worth picking up if I am only interested in pvp?

Did you like DAOC's PVP?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

ESO Doesn't have a sub and isn't Anime.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the main quest of FF14 is helping a catgirl find her mother? A goon said that once but he may have been glib.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So how did you do it then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there any benefit to gold key other than item rarity?

• Locked thread