Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Eonwe posted:

remember when people were selling vampire and were bites in general chat lol

They still do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Can I get some guild invites? I'm already in Daggerfall Goons, @NeurosisHead.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

I don't think the DC guild exists anymore. I'd offer to start it back up, but I don't know how much time I can commit to this.

It does, there's just never anyone in it. Everyone has invite and guild bank/store privileges though.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
There's also a few morphs that change class skills to run and scale off of Stamina too.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

Ahh, I must been booted I guess. Can I get an intivte to all the guilds? @esporks.
I am also thinking about rolling an alt, should I go EP then since DC is dead?

Sent for the DC guild.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm in Daggerfall right now and the town is just a bloodbath of low level players. They murder some citizens, then a guard beats them to death and they just keep doing it over and over and over

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm a little sad that stolen equipment seems to not yield salvage materials about half of the time after it has been laundered. I"m still overall pretty happy with the Justice System, and how many people spend all of their time getting murdered by guards because of it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

William Bear posted:

Invite @imperiusv to the DC and crafting guilds, please.

So many of you are traitors to the world's black people, green people, and Frenchmen.

Sent for DC

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Turk posted:

Invite @turk1701 to the DC (my mains are DC) and crafting guilds I suppose.

sent

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Tsurupettan posted:

To be a werewolf I can either do a lovely quest or ask a cool goon to come bite me in the low level EP zones, right?

If so, someone bite me please. :v:

I'm pretty sure that for werewolves or vampires you just don't just do a quest, you have to have one of the rare world spawns (there's at least a couple in each zone past a certain level, and they share spawns with the other world spawn ambush type fights) be up, fight it, and then have a percentage chance of contracting the disease from it. AND THEN there's a quest.

Or you get bit by a player.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Scyantific posted:

If you want to play on the NA server you'll have to re-dl the thing again.

Also, these safeboxes need to be more dangerous. I literally robbed the Wayrest and Sentinel Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild safeboxes without even having line of sight to the actual box itself. That's pretty drat broken for the justice system, considering each safebox had 50+ gold and all Blue quality items (that sell for 250 a pop). I cleared 2k in 5 minutes just by hitting those two spots.

Fun trick, once you've finished the guild questlines and they have the portals in them, zoning through the portal and back to the guildhall resets the guildhall container status!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Yeah. Loot the building, take the portal to Eyevea or the Earth Forge, take the portal back to the guild hall, loot it all again, rinse and repeat. It was functional before the last incremental patch, I haven't tried it since though.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is it just taking forever for the crafting circle jerk bank to load because it's so full, or are people not putting things in it so it's empty?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I know that they said they were trying to level the playing field in the VR campaign, but I just went in at VR1 and took two 15k+ lethal arrows against me in full green VR1 heavy armor in the first second and half of my first fight. So . . . enjoy PVP up to VR, then either re-roll or grind your way to VR14 in PVE before you go back to PVP.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I enjoy this game a lot less when I get poopsocky about it. I thought I'd grind my dumb idiot face off once I hit VR1 and hate it, instead I just log in for an hour or so, do a quest with its own self contained story and feel like I'm playing an Elder Scrolls game. Or I go into Cyrodill and find a fight, spend some time throwing out heals or swatting stray nightblades off of battlements, and that's fun too. Every couple of times I play I get a champion point, so even though I need like a million experience to gain a VR I still feel like there's an immediate sense of progression reward. Nice and chill.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Where do set jewelry pieces come from, since you can't craft them?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Subjunctive posted:

The minimap is pretty essential IMO.

Here's a thing a lot of people don't realize - when you're looking at your map, your character model is holding a map up and reading it. Same with your inventory; your model is rooting around in a backpack. While I appreciate a minimap, I kind of like the compass with waypoints and having to actually look at a map to see where I'm specifically going.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Does anyone have a guide for leveling provisioning and alchemy as efficiently as possible?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

NuckmasterJ posted:

Aw poo poo Maintenance again?!!? Last Monday it lasted until 2 or 3 pm EST. They always seem to do maintenance on my day off, fuckers. :doh:

Also YES to the XPLOCK. I am trying to grind materials so I can make some cotton sets for an alt but from killing dudes and looking for cotton on the ground I've just hit level 31 in Rivenspire. So I've pretty much out leveled most of the content in the zone just from trying to farm a bit of cotton. Boourns.

Use a guild store to buy a stack, it's usually not very expensive. Also deconstruct everything that you don't research, that helps too.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
If they put rare provisioning recipes in the crown store they would make a mint. In the course of normal play I found every motif other than the rares (primal, barbaric, daedric, dwemer) before I hit VR1.

VVVVVVVV e: Especially once you get past like 5 traits or whatever and it takes a god drat week to research a single trait

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 13, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Subjunctive posted:

Are the motifs that you buy from the crown store transferable?

If I read it right you can use them for any character on your account once you buy them.

VVVVVV e: yeah, everything that comes out of the crown store should be bound and not tradeable.

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 13, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

vug posted:

the thing that people can overlook about the resto staff is that it's got a pretty powerful basic attack with a long range that restores your magicka (and can also passively heal if you get the skill). I had a tank that was sword/shield and bow, and there was really nothing useful i could do with a bow that i couldn't do with the resto staff basic attack and earthen heart spells, so i switched over and it's a lot better. you don't actually have to heal people with a resto staff - beacuse it's a tank and not specced for magicka i just use regen and force siphon because they're cheap

Yeah, you get like 20% of your magicka back on the last tick of the restoration staff heavy attack. You'll see all of the FotM builds are some permutation of of 2 hander/bow; all that really matters is that you're having fun because everything is viable with a little creativity.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
There's even a morph of it that goes off of stamina now too!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Monohydrate posted:

Here's my planned build for my PvP templar that I've been working on - he used 2H and swaps to bow instead of DW, though:

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/s...zKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

I'm still missing several key morphs/abilities and it's been quite durable and viable so far. Name of the game is keeping armor and heals/regen ticking while killing dudes with crit rush, heavy strike, and executioner. Everything else is for staying hard as hell to kill.

Also, if you want to PvP, get venom arrow over poison for the stun/interrupt.

If you swap out binding javelin for magnum shot you'll have some mobility AND a little mini set up for critical rush.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I was really worried about trying to switch over to medium armor at VR1 to try a different build out; putting on a full suit of training armor has me at 32 after half a veteran rank or so from 8 starting out. So that's nice!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is there any way to respec just a single skill morph? If I'd known that about repentance I would have stuck with restoring aura all along.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Azubah posted:

Does race matter for classes?

If you're going full bore turbo sperg you'll catch a lot of FotM bullshit in your google net about builds. There's nothing that isn't fun and viable if you're playing because you enjoy it rather than because you're compelled to have L33T MAXIMUM DPS OR BUST.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Desmond posted:

I have started about five characters so far, just figuring out which I like the best. The one character I got to level 12 was the wrong race compared to most others in the guild. Not sure whether to roll DC or EP, since the guild seems split, but when my other half started the trial yesterday it looked like EP had more people. I rolled another character in the EP race, but at least now I have decided that I really like the sorcerer style. Now just to stick to one thing and get to a higher level.

Being on both of the DC and EP guilds, I'd say there's more EP people if playing with others is what you want. If it's just chat and trade though your guild memberships are account wide, and you can be in 5 guilds at the same time. I'm in both the Goon guilds, our deconstruction crafting guild, and two different trade guilds with active guild stores and 400 some odd relatively active members. So I can give things to goons, sell things to pubs, and find whatever I want (mostly) in the guild store at the bank instead of wandering Tamriel til I find it in the wild.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yeah, since B2P the primary goon group is Ebonheart, but there are still a few Daggerfall guys. And guilds are cross faction so you can chat no matter who you're playing.

Also, there is barely a distinction between Ebonheart Goons and Daggerfall Goons anymore, virtually everyone active is in both apart from two or three folks who are only in one. Ebonheart is the big chat faction, so make sure you're in it if you want to talk.

There is the one really important distinction that you can't group cross faction for PVP if that's what you're looking for. I'm not sure if you can't group cross faction for PVE, but I'm willing to bet that you can't. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, if anyone knows better.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Berke Negri posted:

There's about 400 or so possible between PvP and pve

At VR 8 I'm sitting at about 220

Yeah, if you're diligent about collecting sky shards and doing quests you'll sit north of a hundred by the time you finish the main quest.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How are you guys finding groups? Using the group finder for PUGs, LFG spam in zone, other guilds?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How on earth do you guys make that kind of money?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Can you pick up a writ anywhere and have it scale to your crafting level?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How about we just invite everybody to all of the guilds and if someone doesn't want to take advantage of extra guild banks and stores then they can leave the ones they don't want to be a part of?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Xillah posted:

Nope, been a year since I played Skyrim.

valve introduced paid mods through the workshop, rip modding

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

NuckmasterJ posted:

I'm not sure what your asking... What is the most used class? Or how do I not wait hours upon hours to do dungeons because the group finder tool is absolutely not awesome?

There is no over used class/race/skills. This isn't your normal MMO. Pick a Sorcerer, then get a 2 hand weapon with a few pieces of medium and heavy armour then go to down crushing skulls and spitting spells at things. Roll a Dragon Knight and put a suit of fancy milk drinker cloth armour on and become a DPS god and wreck people.

There is no set way to play this. All weapons work with all classes. Be a DK tank, or a Sorc Tank, or a Sorc Magika monster or what ever floats your boat!

I think that the group finder tool is fine. Select what you want a group for, select what role you can fill, let it search. The problem is that no one uses it, at any level.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Sky Shadowing posted:

While there's a free campaign change, do we want to decide on a new official Ebonheart Goons campaign? Thornblade seems to be it currently, but the AD seems to have given up on sieges and stuff altogether and just started camping delves and quest hubs, and the DC is pretty weak, I never see them over a single bar. It is great for Skyshards and dolmens, though, but that could easily be settled by just making it a guest campaign.

Playing DC, I can say that they are loving worthless on Haderus, but AD and EP seem really evenly matched. DC is just terrible in all of the campaigns, it's super disappointing.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm watching a VR14 nighblade burst build streamer PvPing right now and it is loving absurd:

http://www.twitch.tv/kerviz

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

I don't understand. All he is doing is running around doing heavy attacks and one shotting people. Maybe I need to switch from dual wield to 2 handed.

That two handed heavy attack crit out of stealth is something else. I wonder what his build looks like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Verranicus posted:

Are there any addons out there that show all the available quests/quest hubs in a zone? I don't want to miss anything.

I use a few. Undiscovered for map POI's, LoreBooks for the Mages Guild books, SkyShards for the sky shards, and HarvestMap for harvesting nodes that I've hit before.

• Locked thread