Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I just waste all my money on crafting motifs because I like making pretty things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't necessarily hate the kitties, I just think lizards are the coolest poo poo.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Nobody is ever in Mumble on pc, so I'm always lonely. My problem still sounds way better than having to suffer though (proximity?) pubbies chatting.

Is it proximity, or full zone, or, how does it work? I'm curious.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I think that is legit cool, like, even in a "if characters are within so many yards then transmit" sort of way. Like, an fps where team chat is default, but you could hear enemy transmissions if physically close enough to "overhear" is an awesome idea.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It took me a while to find it as well, it is way at the bottom as it is entered as "The Elder Scrolls Online" like back when it was in beta.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Akaviri?! Samurai lizards!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm mixed, in that I can't play Skyrim in third person, and I can't play eso in first. Except when precision looting. That's a job for first person.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Likewise, having at least one piece of each type of armor helps level those skills from just...doing stuff.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Lizard Pact best Pact. :toot:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Sadly this works in mmo rules. Like, technically you could level from doing repeatable crafting writs, but all your actual xp comes from killing and questing, exploring, etc.

However, crafting is indeed amazing in this game, and it behooves characters to get good at it. Especially the minor ones, cooking and potioning.

E: actually, I forget, do we gain xp from crafting and salvaging, if only a bit?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

So, I made my first alt, a DK dps character, and holy moley it is different from my tank. I just hit level fifteen, and unlocking the weapon swap means I can be training even more skills. Absolutely loving charging in and unleashing fiery hell.

Is it worth it making set Gear on my main to send to my alt? Even something cheap and easy like Seducers would be great, but I doubt it is worth the repair bills.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

I found https://www.deltiasgaming.com has some really good guides for learning about the basic mechanics of a lot of the game. They have an awesome champion point calculator as well.

I'm leveling my dps DK using this guy's build and it is a monster. Guy really goes in depth with a lot of pvp stuff too if you're into that.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Okay so I spent a little time researching and stuff like that, redid my character and went with a Dragonknight/Dark Elf instead. The fire chain thing is really cool so I'm having fun.

I'll try to craft some stuff for you.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Lol lets all, instead of typing out our posts, record them and post the .wav files for download

The PC in my sound booth can't handle games, otherwise I totally would be on that one whilst voice chatting.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I usually have podcasts or Pandora on when I play, but I do enjoy TES music. Also, altitis is starting to set in, I made a stamina two hander sorc.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I dunno what Grahtwood is, but, it has wood in its name, which probably means elfy, and that means, eww, elves.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Last night, Ennu and I beat the gold dungeon with him playing on a track pad laptop and using his phone's hotspot internet.

Tenouttaten.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't PvP, so I haven't decided if I'm buying the expansion yet. Let us all know how it goes this week (mgsv is gonna cut this week out) and if you feel the non-pvp parts are worth it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

poor life choice posted:

What is the Fungal Grotto grind?

It is a dungeon that, if one is careful enough, can be easily done with only two people. But the actually grind, in addition to the xp rewards, is an incredible amount of leather scraps from the amount of little baby crabs you kill. Said leather grants upgrade materials upon refining them, it is currently the absolute best place to farm for said leather upgrade materials.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

One hundred percent of my mods broke last night, do they already have working ones? Dang they're fast.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Actually, I think it has always been that way, they've just had unclear tool tips. "Full" set has meant five pieces for light and heavy, but, admittedly, I never tested it with medium.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

First week of an expansion is always a horror fest. I mean, it shouldn't be, but we as consumers have kinda come to expect it.

It's our fault, basically.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Let's figure out a way to magically make my tank Max VR so I can come with you folks without any real effort or time investment.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hey, dude, post Pluto's magika NB healer build, I'm super curious because it is shield/destro I think he said.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Now all of you can stop worrying about stacking shields and focus on what's really important:

Killing a man in one punch. That's the real secret to PvP, dealing fifty eight thousand damage in one hit.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Mozi posted:

My brother is playing this and wants me to try as well. Is there anywhere to get this for less than 60 bucks, or should I wait for a Steam sale or something?

Keep an eye on green man gaming as well, they had a crazy "one day only" sale for fifteen bucks a couple months back.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Lizard Pact best Pact. :toot:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Overall, roleplaying makes me feel gross. Wish it didn't.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

tgidieday posted:

Game of the year.

Not even kidding how excited this makes me.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I was hoping this meant I wouldn't have to buy the Imperial City dlc, but, oh well. Scaling dungeons and stuff.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

By order of the Scum-Watcher and Arch-Lizard, all Goons must paint their shields pink and purple.

It'll match our lovely crab tabard that I wear.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Not exactly hidden, just not intuitive. At your bank, I think you click on Guild Store, as opposed to Guild Bank, and one of the things available to buy is the tabard.

It's the same way you can sell items you find to the guild mates as well.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Akaviri is so cool, I hope it looks good in this game.

Samurai Argonian with a dyed shield. Hell yeah.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

PureRok posted:

I mean, this was already pretty evident. The cats come from Elsweyr, for christ's sake.

Absolutely cheesy naming conventions, frankly, only increases my enjoyment. Like, how hilarious are the actual canon in-universe Argonian names?

Hauls-Rope-Faster? Gold.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Or Clicks-Post-Wrongly. :v:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm a casual who doesn't complain about anything.

Course, I never PvP.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

SisterFister posted:

So which ones was vug referring to?

All dungeons scale to you. All "group" dungeons need 4 people. At 45, you can start going "Silver" daily quest runs for Undaunted rep, but you still need a full group.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

tgidieday posted:

Not true, I'm just waiting for Aramek to get to v16.

Aww jeez, Rick...

The dps gear you made me is making the solo thing way easier, still way slower than the sorc murder machine would be, but, thanks again. I think I'm over half way through V9, I'll hit it some more when I get home.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

They should call the solo zone "Swampass."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

The two hander stamina sorc build that tgitieday invented is super fun.

• Locked thread