Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I've been leveling a DK, but I'm pretty terrible so far. I work second shift, so I'm usually playing late hours. @slugg077 I'm level 38 atm and haven't tried pvp. Would really rather be doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I was a grinding fool over cake week. Sad to see it go.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
No vomit animation on burning breath, boo. Venomous claws or whatever is a decent dot, interested to see the spergs figure if its as good as unstable flames. Logging in and seeing dead citizens everywhere was funny.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
My dk which has no clothier/woodworking/blacksmith was seeing both rubedite and ruby ash as well as iron and maple on the nodes in Hew's Bane. I was also getting rubedo and rawhide drops from the same mobs.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Actually glad it wasn't a bug. I sold tons of rawhide scraps to npc vendors with that guy.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
In tiny stacks Scy, I refined plenty and have a ton of dreugh wax.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

tgidieday posted:

It doesn't help you right now, but Soul Assault is really good on a magplar. Over 80k tooltip damage good. I use it to take out people in PvP who are clearly better than I am.

I just started leveling this while I level 1h/sh. Haven't seen it used much in pvp but it reads good in tool tip. Might be nice for sniping from keeps. Maybe cast immovable first. Was wondering if you could break los or stealth out of it though?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
rip malubeth, if the rumors are true, i enjoyed your op procs so much

e: berke, where you been?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Scyantific posted:

#Maluwrecked

I was only able to login for a few minutes and only noticed that changed it to a beam that could be broken by distance. Didn't look like damages or percentages had changed? Or does the beam poo poo mean its limited to one target? Also, please wrecking crew help me farm a skoria hat, I really need it now.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
omg, please goons, pvp, so many tears to be farmed

e: i'd like to tell you stories, but there's just so many pubbies in this game, please help me kill them

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 6, 2016

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Diogines posted:

Here is my personal anecdote.

I bought it because I wanted to play more elder scrolls. I played it for a day.

Nothing that I enjoy about the Elder Scrolls is in this game. It is a typical MMORPG with a few unique tweaks, but has none of the mechanics, heart, soul or character of the Elder Scrolls. So if you like MMORPGs maybe you will like this. Maybe. It may even be a good MMORPG, I can't really comment. I spent 90% of my time running between higher-quality than usual fetch quests, but still, fetch quests. The characters were flat and boring. The plot non existent. My actions did not seem to have any influence on the game.

If you want to try it because you think you may enjoy another Elder Scrolls game, this isn't one. I hoped I might get $20 worth of Elderscrolls Goodness from it, it did not have that in it.

Luckily I got a Steam refund. I have not played Oblivion or Skyrim in a while, I am going to reinstall one of them I think.

Edit: Also, hi Sogol.

e: Editing out my smartassery. I guess alot of people bought the game expecting it to be more like a single player elder scrolls game. I had it recommended to me by someone who I knew never played the single player games so I didn't have any expectations there. It is grindy to level, I guess, but I'm digging endgame stuff. Sneaking around and murdering npcs for DB is fun, PvP has been a blast for me, and melting dungeons with goons is also fun but it's definitely not Elder Scrolls 8 or whatever.

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 8, 2016

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Did gold pledge tonight with @antiris and @aliastra. Murdered Bogdan in under a minute with me dps tanking in dw and light armor. Those guys should post their specs because, even though our PUG heals were really good, that was some awesome dps poo poo.

e: I'm working stupid hours right now. Miss you goons in game.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

tgidieday posted:

Taking a hiatus from the game, someone PM me if combat animations ever get fixed.

e: boooo, i'm 21 days from 8 trait armor, you can take a break in 21 days

the undaunted mag taunt uses the same animation as "/spit"

what i'm saying is, if you're a mag toon you spit on mobs to get aggro

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 29, 2016

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Rough Lobster posted:

It's close. You actually send a bolt of pure anger from your eyes and taunt them. Pretty badass.

yeah, but really not as cool

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I put a cheap storm knight set together and ran 2 normals and the proc rate in pve seemed right. Haven't tried it in pvp yet.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Both the other factions teamed up to take out last keep. The pubbies couldn't take anything, but to be fair, they managed some good defenses (not many). The last fight was pretty epic. Still had a blast. 10/10 would crown Froid again.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Dammit, i miss all the fun with this poo poo work schedule. Sure the servers will be up by primetime asia to ensure you wake to an all gray map.

e: also, how often do they roll the servers back for this kind of maintenance?

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 29, 2016

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
emperor miasma, ep late night is full of fail, i logged on and they were on both flags in brk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
goonperor round 4, apparently alot of DC are mad at Sora for the deal that dethroned Hooked Sunday. So half the nomral late night DC zerg played EP this morning and helped Froid recrown, if I heard correctly.

• Locked thread