Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So can I be a night blade lightning fucker duel wielding with plate armor and actually be viable in this game? Does it actually not suck? I tried the beta and was actually kind of enjoying it but box price plus subscription is too much for an MMO I only played a few hours of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is nightblade good for up in your face or should I roll something like the dragon knight or templar if I wanna gently caress poo poo up in melee?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

IRSmurf posted:

Dagerfall Goons, here.

Nightblade is the most fun class I've played in an MMO. If you want to gently caress poo poo up ranged or melee, it's a great class. I toggle between daggers and bows all day. I'm only level 32, so others will know more.

Do you feel like they lack aoe like the other dude said?

Also, is there a main goon guild and if so what faction and server can that be found at?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

This appears to be 65-70 dollars everywhere I've checked, even before it went b2p, did retailers adjust early or did it never go down in price?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

People that pre ordered the game can play any faction with any race but if I just bought the game I don't get to choose whatever race I want ? That kind of sucks, but whatever, should I roll on ebonheart for goon action?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

The OP says that is a benefit of the deluxe edition for 20 bucks more.

I read that this is only for the imperial race, if you buy the imperial edition you can play any race with any faction?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I suppose the chances of someone on this forum having an unused explorers pack code or whatever from preorder would be pretty darn low. I found a site (g2a) that is selling those packs for 1.79 but it looks kind of sketchy and I don't know about putting a visa or even paypal on one of those websites if I didn't know it was legit.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

I just bought one because I hate my $2 and I've used g2a before. Worked fine and it came in two minutes. Usual warnings for shady euro sellers apply still, of course.

What kind of payment did you use? I mean I'm not too worried about this kind of thing but I'll use PayPal over visa if there's any risk.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Givin posted:

G2A is legit. I've bought from there several times with no issue using a credit card. They do sell Russian keys which I stay away from by default but anything global has been alright. I do get the game guard thing at checkout as well.

So if you just go with the regular checkout rather than choosing one of the specific sellers that are listed with their countries and names I should be good? Thanks guys, 3 or 4 bucks is a lot better than 20+

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

The worst part of this game is the crippling indecision in picking character builds because there's too many cool options. :v:

Seriously, holy gently caress.

So am I understanding this right: all class abilities use magicka. All melee weapon abilities use stamina. So would my best idea be to roll a kajhiit or a high elf if I wanna be min maxy about my nightblade? Feel free to let me know if the racial bonuses are completely worthless, but some of them sound pretty decent even though I don't really have a frame of reference on how much 15% more magicka recovery or max magicka really is.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I figured high elves would be number one because if every class abilities use magicka then they would have two innate bonuses that let them cast more abilites(I don't know how important weapon skills are).

I meant to ask as well actually, what are morphs exactly?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What are veteran ranks exactly? What does this mean that all monsters go from rank 5 to 12?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

@FredoSantana I could use all relevant guild invites please

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So how does the alternate skill bar work? Can I just load two skill bars up with a bunch of skills I like or do I have to have it switch over to a different weapon type?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I think the games combat is pretty fun, but it is a little chaotic at times between using abilities, heavy and light attacking, trying to dodge, manage two resources, and moving/blocking.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So the servers are up and all the xp buffs are in? Sweetness. Is this gonna be a noticeable increase in leveling speed?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Just gonna recommend GGframes and combat cloud. They're great looking customizable addons for combat text(of all forms) and really really great unit frames

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Scyantific posted:

If you want to play on the NA server you'll have to re-dl the thing again.

Also, these safeboxes need to be more dangerous. I literally robbed the Wayrest and Sentinel Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild safeboxes without even having line of sight to the actual box itself. That's pretty drat broken for the justice system, considering each safebox had 50+ gold and all Blue quality items (that sell for 250 a pop). I cleared 2k in 5 minutes just by hitting those two spots.

What's this about guild strong boxes? Where are they in the buildings? I'd like to get in on this as I am pretty broke and saving for my first mount

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

HardKase posted:

I just installed combat cloud on the recommendations in this thread and it's exactly what I want from a combat hud. I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah it's just Really Good. Did you install GGframes as well? They're pretty nice. The only thing I can't really figure out is how to configure my buff bar under my frame. Anyone know?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Are there models that are not hilariously greek inspired ? I don't much care for a huge mohawk/broom on my head.

You can mix and match styles for whatever pieces you want. Also ordinator helmets own

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Kiryen posted:

300 million was the figure thrown around prior to launch.

:captainpop:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So are there any good guides for how to be a useful tank in this game? I'm leveling up a DK and I would like to actually be able to get into groups

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What's a good mundus stone that actually works?

Also when's that hand of almalexia outfit dropping? I want that.. Badly

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Just wait until they start talking about stuffing mouths with muatras and milk-spears. Or do they do that already?

Some guy was talking about which beast race from elder scrolls he'd like to gently caress the most in zone chat which incited a good 10 more people chiming in and engaging in a conversation about how much they want to gently caress argonians and khajiits.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Any word on when the almexia costume is gonna release?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

How much for the ordinator pack? Would it be better to buy a month of subscription or just buy the crowns straight up?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

How do you move the debuffs out of the quest log area?

There should be a lock/unlock button somewhere in the add on settings.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

gently caress I completely forgot about this game. Anything new happened in the past few months? Or DK changes? Gonna fire up my DK tonight and own some fuckers

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I just started playing again and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on. Are dragon knights still good? What skills should I use? I'm only level 7 but I feel totally lost after coming back to this, it's very fun though and I want to spend some more time on it

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Can I get an invite to EP guild? Six Lord

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I'm at a loss as to what I want to level up between tanky rear end DK that can survive forever and murder poo poo, night blade with medium armour and duel wield with life steal poo poo to murder everything and be able to solo, or melee sorcerer with medium armour. Someone help my indecisiveness. I've played all three characters a little bit and they're all fun to me, but I'd rather have one character I focus on than trying to level 3 at once.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

JackBadass posted:

Yes, it's meant to sound smug. I'm being smug. Someone lecturing me on ESO's in-game economy is like a high school basketball coach trying to give Michael Jordan tips on how to play basketball. Trading is 99% of my time spent in this game.

Lmfao this is not something to be proud of or boast about openly in a passive aggressive way, you weird motherfucker.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Isn't some idiot reading poo poo from a list who has had nothing to do with anything the entire job description of a community manager? They seem universally awful from any game I've ever played that's had them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Reminder that if you don't care about waiting for a month, you can get TES:Gold which includes Orsinium/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild/Imperial City expansions+a horse for $45
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition-pc-cd-key

This comes out to about 57CAD, as someone who likes the game well enough but never really played that much because I got distracted and busy, how good of a deal is this for someone that only has the base game?

• Locked thread