Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Hi, I bought this game during beta and then my friend decided he hated it. Now he decided its okay again so we're playing!

I'm on PC -- Daggerfall. @plasticbee. I have no idea what I'm doing! Please add me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Scyantific posted:

First mistake here, no one plays DC anymore.

It looked like there were a few active DC goons, and I would like to play with my friend -- who is on DC now, and goons - rather than getting stuck with some random guild or trying to go it alone. Unfortunately, my friend is in an "elite guild for beta players only" or something stupid. I have the Imperial Edition that I bought when he was hyping the game in beta. Then THINGS HAPPENED, he quit and we never played.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Mizuti posted:

What's the odds that he'll soon quit again?

Not as likely I guess? He's been playing for a while now. I guess he didn't like a lot of things that happened during the beta/release time but likes it a lot more now and has been playing for a few months. I don't know that I've ever had to justify my request to join a goon guild this much before... :confuoot:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Scyantific posted:

Invites rolled out

So, about the invites I requested? May I get them for the PC guilds? @plasticbee

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's more likely because they were trying to attract the single player TES playerbase who just wanted Skyrim 2.

I never liked Skyrim, at all. I wanted to.

I find this game also has a weirdly high percentage of RP/ERP, I've found. It's really... I don't know. I just walk into areas to steal things, and find groups of people talking and acting out things, and leave -- finding myself wishing the devs would prioritize player-lockable rooms above all else.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

quote:

Btw, thanks for the (apparent) patience with my questions. Also, who is who? Some people have the same name here as in-game and others don't. I look d through the OP, but didn't find a list. Sogol=@naktl, playing Caliban the Apostate mostly right now.

I'm @plasticbee I fill the gbank with money (goal met) and cooking crap, please take it. (not the money)

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
I made an effort over the last two nights to use up the hoard of food (which I will be replenishing) and make a lot of v15, v10 and v5 drinks and food for the guild bank. I also took out a lot of the duplicate recipes, but there are still a lot in there, so if you've ever wanted to learn provisioning -- its easy -- now is the time.

I also deposited a bunch of crafting materials for people, please don't be greedy -- make things, use things, make things for the guild bank. We still have a bunch of assorted crap that tends to sit in there, but its better now.

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 20, 2015

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
I think I have the invite requests caught up.

If I missed you, you're probably a bad who didn't put your name right.

Or I'm a bad. One of the two.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Scyantific posted:

Whoever dumped the 100 or so columbine in the guild bank, contact me ingame at @Scyantific. I owe you money.

It was me, bee.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Don't hit me but I'm not impressed by it.

Also, I haven't seen a ton of people running around in them *yet*.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

DreadLlama posted:

@biggsmclargehuge

You'd better loving be a Nord.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

LLJKSiLk posted:

@lljksilk

Still downloading. Purchased at launch, sat back and didn't actually get around installing until now.

That's not a real account try again.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

MooCowlian posted:

The treasure chest you find will contain a green light armour shoulderpad in the worst style, a single lockpick and 11 gold.

You got a shoulderpad and some gold? LUCKY.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

LLJKSiLk posted:

@lljksilk

Still downloading. Purchased at launch, sat back and didn't actually get around installing until now.

Looks like it took your account name this time. NO idea why it was saying it didn't exist before. BUT YOU DO NOW!

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Pez posted:

Is there any sort of goon presence on the Xbone version? I got it there since my real life friends were complaining I always gamed on PC, then promptly abandoned me for The Division a week later. I'm lost and lonely and have crappy armor :(

Join us on PC. We're awesomer.

Side note. For anyone that uses HarvestMap, I JUST found out about this site: which will merge your LUA files. The post I got it from says "There should be a link to an outside website that merges all user files into one continually updated "master file" of sorts.

Here's the website. You'll need to submit your own files first (even if they're empty). You may need to log into game first to ensure they get created. Then the website will create a merged master file for you." But I don't know that it does actually auto update? Either way. More infos.
http://www.teso-harvest-merge.de/

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 2, 2016

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Just in case anyone has it seen the July 1st Crown Store Preview Showcase, the following stuff is going away on August 1st.

Costumes
    Desert Garden Gala Overdress
    Priest of the Green
    Song of the Night Ensemble
    Toxin Doctor
    Treasure Hunter
    Treethane Ceremonial Dress
    Tribal Shamans Pack
    Winterborn Reach Costume Pack
    Winter Scouts Pack

Mounts
    Banded Guar Charger

Pets
    Baby Netch
    Banekin
    Blue Nixad
    Blue Oasis Frog
    Bravil Retriever
    Sanguine's Black Goat
    Windhelm Wolfhound

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
I was up, unable to sleep last night because I live on a cul de sac and they were setting off fireworks until I don't know 3am. I wrote some stuff, I hope some of it is useful?

New Players should know:

Get MINION addon manager http://minion.mmoui.com/

ESO+ (Subscription) will give you
a crafting bag!!!! The crafting bag will store all your harvested items (mats) so they don't take up your actual bag space.
access to all DLC for the duration of your subscription (if you unsub you lose it, UNLESS you have paid for the DLC via crowns)
10% bonus to XP, gold gain, research and inspiration
Crown allotment (based on your sub type 30day/1500 crowns 90day/4500 180day/9000)

Imperial Edition will give you a mount, and this is usable with all your characters. It will also let you play as an Imperial (any faction).
You can upgrade to this through the crown store too.

Once you get a mount, remember to "train" it at a stablemaster (horse head icon on your minimap). Speed, stamina, inventory. Each have a max of 60 "trains". You can buy upgrades to this with crowns as well instead of spending gold.

You can buy bank(max 240 slots total: 768,500g)) and inventory space(5 upgrades total) upgrades with gold or crowns. Bank upgrades are available at the banker, inventory upgrades are a little trickier, but are usually a merchant with a ton of empty backpacks around them near the bank in a factions "main" town.

Join the Fighters Guild and Mage Guild ASAP. Why? Why not. You get credit from killing undead (Fighters Guild) and reading Lorebooks (Mages Guild) around the world toward the skill line, in addition to the quest for the two. Might as well start early. Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are DLC, and scale. You can start those anytime if you have the DLC/are ESO+.

Decon things, even if you aren't ready to craft. You gain skill from deconstructing things, as well as getting materials. In addition to this, get a research assistant addon that will help you know what items you want to keep to research. Start researching early. The time it takes to research something gets longer and longer. You may consider alts to hold items in their personal inventory if you decide to hoard research items.
Recommended addons include: CRAFTSTORE and its related hotfixes, RESEARCH ASSISTANT

Even if you don't use a skill, you can put it on your bar, and still gain (some) experience on it.

You can respec attributes and skills/morphs in major cities. Elden Root(Grahtwood), Wayrest(Stormhaven), Mournhold(Deshaan). You can also buy them via the crownstore. Once you gain champion points (after 50th) you can also pay to reset those.

There is no Auction House. There are Trade Guilds. Basically, any guild that wants a trader has to bid for it. You can be in up to five guilds, though. Guild Traders are in major cities as clusters and then scattered randomly near wayshrines (teleportation/fast travel) around the world)

When you hit 15th you get a secondary weapon bar you can then use to train another weapon, or the same weapon with different skills. (`)

When you hit 10th you can join PVP in Cyrodiil and die to the Zerg! You are scaled to 50! (L) -NOTE- As of this writing most goons have their HOME on Haderus and GUEST on Azura. Don't choose anything if you don't know what this means.

Recommended addons in general:

Skyshards
Lorebooks
Craftstore (and related hotfixes)
Research Assistant
Master Merchant
AWesome GuildStore
pChat
No, thank you!

Some addons I use that others may not:
Tamriel Trade Center -- this is a newer one, it works with Master Merchant, and has its own website. You can register on it (don't have to) but it runs a program and uploads data from Guild Traders to the website, which HAS A SEARCH FEATURE. Kind of handy.
Wykkyd Gaming Suite -- I don't use all the features, but I do use the toolbar, which displays research timers, horse timers, and various other info for me.
Undiscovered -- Undiscovered Locations on your map
Troublemaker -- /tm to turn on attacking innocents. Because I kept accidentally killing them when I left it on.
Treasuremaps -- Shows the locations of a treasure map if you have one.
Smarter Auto-Loot
AUI
Destinations
FTC
NoAccidentalStealing
PublicDungeonChampions

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Kettlepip posted:

I need an addon to be able to search and find player sold goods effectively and having traders in most places is pointless. Nope, that's not bonkers at all. :shrug:

http://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/

Tamriel Trade Center addon website. It's better than nothing.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

RentACop posted:

Is the account support side of this game terrible and slow or have I done something wrong such that I can't get them to send a password reset or an account creation email after an hour

Hey folks, we have identified an issue that is currently preventing game related and billing-and-account emails from going out. If you are not receiving an access code email and haven't recently changed your email address, this is likely why. We're investigating and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
I made a SLIGHT MISCALCULATION on making glyphs this morning.

Now is a great time if you need them for deconning or whatever! Please take them from the guild bank, please oh god please (and I have more, so PLEASE...)

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
My SSD died. Getting a new one sent so I'll be back like Thursday?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
SSD should arrive today, then I get to reinstall Windows and eso. I miss you guys. But I also have caught like 75 unique pokemon though I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do...

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Patch taking forever. I had hoped it would be done when I got up, and done with my errands this morning, but noooooo.

Oh, patch notes for the lazy.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Dye station dye is awesome. I like it. It's very 80's.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

somedamnthing posted:

Welp, this ESO needle sticking out of my arm needs goon pals, so please invite @somedamnthing for the highest of jinx.

Invites should be caught up to here. If we missed you, yell loudly in the general direction of the thread.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
PC/PS4/XBOX Crown Sale. 5500 pack is 23.99 instead of 40.00 per reddit it will last "just a few days as its timed to coincide with Quakecon"

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Yes dye shop, this will do until I get more dyes unlocked and can look more obnoxious.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Scyantific posted:

Hahahahahaha holy poo poo people are pissed off that other people are being smart and running Maw of Lorkhaj at level 10 to farm motifs.

Like, actually level 10? I've missed this crying. Maybe I should make an alt.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Ugggghg.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Patch Notes

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online v2.5.6 is our first incremental patch since Update 11 that fixes a number of common issues including groups not forming correctly, hissing audio when using abilities, the Blade of Woe not awarding any experience, Wrothgar Survey Reports containing a mixture of low-level nodes, and more. Please note that after you download this patch, the launcher will still display the version as 2.5.5; this will be updated in the next incremental patch. The size of this patch is approximately 2.3GB.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

DLC Game Packs
Dark Brotherhood
Imperial City
Orsinium
Shadows of the Hist
Thieves Guild
Base Game Patch

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, DARK BROTHERHOOD DLC GAME PACK

Combat & Gameplay
General

Fixed an issue where you weren’t being awarded any experience for kills made with the Blade of Woe.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, IMPERIAL CITY DLC GAME PACK

Combat & Gameplay
General

The respawn timer for players has been temporarily set to 0 seconds to address a known issue. This will be reverted back to 10 seconds soon!

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACK

Crafting & Economy
General

Clothier, Blacksmith, and Woodworker Surveys in Wrothgar no longer contain a mixture of CP 90-140 and CP 150-160 nodes, and now contain exclusively CP 150-160 nodes.

Quests & Zones
Quests

The King's Gambit: Vosh Rakh enemies found in the guard’s meeting area will no longer despawn in the middle of a fight once you've killed one of their comrades.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, SHADOWS OF THE HIST DLC GAME PACK

Dungeons & Group Content
Dungeons

Cradle of Shadows
The Atronach Light synergy now persists if your character dies.
The interrupt effects for Velidreth’s Gout of Bile is now easier to see.
Increased the cast time for Velidreth’s Gout of Bile from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.
Velidreth will no longer interrupt her Shadow Sense ability in order to cast Gout of Bile.
Ruins of Mazzatun
The Hist Hallucinations from Tree-Minder Na-Kesh can no longer be dodged.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, THIEVES GUILD DLC GAME PACK

Art & Animation
Animation

Fixed an issue that was causing a number of NPCs in the Thieves Guild quest line to not display any facial animations.

Quests & Zones
Quests

Fixed an issue where some Crime Spree quests would only direct you to Grahtwood or Greenshade at first.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Audio
General

Fixed an issue that was causing some abilities to have a hissing noise when activated.

Combat & Gameplay
General

Fixed an issue where you would not appear to be grouped with other player characters after sending a group invite.
This also fixes the issue where it would appear as though a player character accepted an invite and immediately leaves.

Dungeons & Group Content
Dungeons

Crypt of Hearts
Nerien'eth's Cursed Ground and Soul Surge attacks will now always do damage.
Volenfell
Quintus Verres will be less verbose in combat when he begins summoning his Gargoyle ally.

Miscellaneous
Japanese Game Client

Japanese Mac game clients will no longer crash upon launch.

Quests & Zones
Auridon

Depths of Madness: Minatelle's Rage will now spawn faster for new player characters entering the area.

Coldharbour

Light From the Darkness: Using the Light of Meridia quest item is now more responsive.

Glenumbra

Angof the Gravesinger: Grouped players who are not present at the time their groupmates kill Vorthag or Rotroot will no longer be blocked and unable to acquire the associated items.

UI
General

Fixed an issue where your character would be facing the wrong direction or spin around when opening a UI menu.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Hello new goons. Reminder: there is a lot of stuff in the Guild Bank. I just stuffed it with weapons, armor, and motifs. Help yourself. Also, if you want to cook - PLEASE TAKE RECIPES!

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Today I met a Khajit made of plastic...

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Aramek posted:

"This one does not like the rain."

This one also thinks that the dye patch introduced a really interesting bug.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

NeurosisHead posted:

Are load times weird for anyone else? I've been sitting on the loading screen waiting for an old world zone to load for like 10 minutes.

:sadbrofist:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Scyantific posted:

So apparently, alongside ESO Gold edition, Zenimax will also be offering the first four DLCs to anyone who owns base-game ESO in a special bundle called Guilds and Glory, for 5500 Crowns (Around 45 USD).

This sounds suspiciously like I might be forced to actually own DLC?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/26/celebrate-imperial-citys-one-year-anniversary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
I miss you guys. Work sucks, school is eating my soul. Send help.

• Locked thread