Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

You can join multiple Guilds.

Join both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

KiddieGrinder posted:

Well...something about ultimate evil bad guy demon god thing, have to stop him, get help from heroes of the past, etc. Pretty standard fantasy fare so far, afaik. There's a main story quest every five levels, so ten in total.

To be honest the side quests are at least equally interesting or sometimes even more so than the main story.

edit: another thing that bugged me is vampires and werewolves aren't available until you're about level 40, which is nearly at the level cap. I'm worried when/if they ever add the Dark Brotherhood it'll be something similar, designed for end game.

Basically you seem to be better off modding Skyrim than playing ESO. That's my personal recommendation. :(

The main story is Generic Fantasy 101.

The side quests are amazing. The number of times they gently caress with your expectations is amazing.

The decisions you can make in the quests are also great. They aren't the bullshit of "Would you like to [kick] the puppy, or [pet] the puppy?" generic bullshit that Choice systems in most games are. Many of them actually represent meaningful choices between two grey areas of morality.

Example:
A body guard gets possessed by a Daedra and kills An Important Political Figure.

Everyone agrees that he was possessed and didn't have a hand in it. Do you execute him to preserve the peace or pardon him because he was possessed?

There is another where you murder someone for some gangsters. I mean after all he was a quest giver and couldn't possibly be lying to you about the reason why the guy has to be killed. But hey, you got some boots out of it.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Kiryen posted:

300 million was the figure thrown around prior to launch.

These numbers tend to be absurdly overestimated.

"Analysts" but SWTOR at 250M, but EA stated it was ~75M.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

eSporks posted:

I was going to start playing when they removed VR ranks.

This was my position as well.

VR just killed the fun.

Hell, I would settle for letting me level lock at 49 and stay in the lowbie RvR area.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Rookersh posted:

gently caress it. How populated is this still on PC/how many goons still play/is the PvP still active and do goons care about it? Also what's the difference between Templar and Dragonknight? I like playing the Warrior archetype in games, but it's a bit strange to have two of them here. Is one basically sword and shield focused while the other is more two handed focused? Why are there two warrior types.

Classes aren't Archetype, they are flavor.

A Dragon Knight is a Fire X. It could be a fire mage, it could be a fire tank.

A Templar is a Holy X. A Sorcerer is Arcane. A Nightblade is a 'dark' theme.

All classes can be a melee archetype.

• Locked thread