Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I don’t mind the performance issues but having trouble with terrain and the horror stories of cities looking terrible because the sequel can’t handle raises in terrain, like the first game, is giving me a pause on getting it more than performance. Maybe it’s just a couple reviewers that had that problem, but that worries me more.

Lord Packinham fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Well, this sounds like another unfinished game launching unfinished. Shame, I think the best bet is to just wait or play on game pass.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I’m glad I didn’t buy this and played it on PC game pass. I think it does something’s better than CS1 and the QoL changes are nice but this is a middling sequel with a lot of holes and bad performance.

I’ll still have fun with it for a bit but definitely don’t buy this until like a year from now when it should be cheaper.

Also, I know some of you guys don’t like it but I’m glad it’s getting bombed in steam reviews.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I’m fine with the 30 fps if the graphics are good and it’s stable. That’s not this game though lol.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I’m just going to give up and wait for the patches to hit the game pass version as it’s just not that fun unless you just want to design stuff. I was super hyped for this game and have just met frustration after frustration with it on top of constant crashes.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

piratepilates posted:

Depends on when you check, right now while I'm writing this, CS1 has 9364 players, CS2 has 14368 players. The 24-hour peak of CS1 is 14048, the 24-hour peak of CS2 is 15526. If you're a journalist writing an article to cash in on the CS2 hate-train, you wait until the numbers fluctuate towards CS1 and drop your "as of the time of this writing, CS1 has more players than CS2!" article.

Lol, they put the game out 3/4 finished. I’m glad they are getting skewered for it and those numbers are terrible for a recently released sequel.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

Jonny Shiloh posted:

I wouldn't buy it yet because it is at best Cities Skylines 1.25. I bought it when it came out and I have serious buyer's remorse. Hold off for at least 6 months.

This is my feeling too, I thought I could power through it despite its issues but the performance combined with many sim aspects being broken just makes the game frustrating and not fun.

I would still recommend waiting.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

piratepilates posted:

Yeah the kind of thing I figured from them, another vague pile of nothing, mods still coming out eventually, who knows when, and a nice bow at the end of saying the community for the game sucks again.

I don't know what they expect really, the game kinda sucks as is, its clearly unfinished, they won't acknowledge or praise the community that actively exists for it (the third party mods community, people making maps with their unfinished editor, people planning on making assets, the people on the subreddit who are actually still playing the game, the video creators who are all desperately scrounging up some kind of content from this barebones game). We spent the last page in this thread talking about SimCity, and the management games thread's only posts about C:2 are "is it ready yet?" "no, wait a while".

If you don't want a toxic community, you have to give a reason for a positive one to still care. Been a month since the last patch and the only update they can give is no update.

This is kind of where I’m at, while I feel for the devs and the toxicity is awful, I don’t know what they expected? The game is clearly 3/4 finished and I don’t think any of us would recommend it as it is. If they really wanted to crack down on toxicity they could offer full refunds regardless of time played, I’d at least take that and feel better about the game overall.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

dogstile posted:

Every single post got poo poo on so they've decided to just shut the gently caress up and get on with it. I kinda get it tbh.

Well, they only have themselves to blame for this disaster. I just want my money back but I’ve played too much, hoping the game is in a good state in a year I guess.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
It is kind of funny that they fell into the same trap as the last sim city of trying to simulate all the citizens and stuff. I get it but I’d rather have it abstracted at this point.

It’s a game that doesn’t city paint well as lack of variety kills it.

The sim has many parts that are/aren’t working with no indications as to what is or isn’t so sim fans aren’t happy.

It pleases no one and the only improvements are in road tools and graphics.

They clearly bit off too much.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

MikeC posted:

Yes but these same goons are also presumably intelligent enough to understand Paradox pushed them to release in an unfinished state and CO is now left holding the bag. The CEO clearly didn't want to keep pushing out meaningless updates but it seems Paradox once again overruled them.

In any case if you are angry for wasting 60 bucks, it's your own fault when performance issues were know since before launch and sim problems discovered shortly after that. If you preordered the game and got hosed part of the issue is you.

I kind of disagree, people are allowed to be mad about their purchase. While I see your point, every time they have fixed something it reveals something else that is broke. They told people to refund if they didn’t like the sim aspect, but no one knows if the sim aspect is even working right.

There is no roadmap, list of issues or even like a plan going forward other than they are working on it. Especially contrasted against other bad and good launches, this is pretty bad.

Tons of studios have had bad launches.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I get that there is a much more complex simulation, but why didn’t they just rip it out? I feel like they walked into the same trap that Simcity did before CS1 ate it’s lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
While this is nice, it’s too little, too late, I don’t see how this is going to make a difference at this point. The game seems like it needed another year or more in the oven.