Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

kefkafloyd posted:

Also another map for Kilonum. Newburyport and the north shore of Massachusetts.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412508594

The Merrimack river flows into the harbor and out into the Atlantic ocean. Beaches and fun in the sun, if you can stand 50 degree F water during the summertime.

Any chance of WashDC and surrounding area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Dwesa posted:

finally

but I still don't know what CS's new logo is supposed to evoke.

"You Make Cities" is also one of the weakest taglines I think I've ever heard in a trailer

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Why do all my commercial districts say they need more customers? I haven't been overbuilding it. Also why do my people demand high density residential when I haven't unlocked it?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Digital Jedi posted:

I want to be able to use multiple road type within the preset grid. I don't want every road to be the 4 lane road. I want the outside the be 4 lane with the inside grid being a 2 lane

Draw the outside left and right 4lane roads, then grid the top or bottom with 2lane and drag down. The side roads will stay the wider ones and you get the smaller grids.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

barnold posted:

pipes and electrical wires are so lovely and janky it's unbelievable. they hosed it up so bad from CS1 it really is beyond me that they thought this overhaul was a good idea. the very first mod i am going to install is "remove need for pipes/wires" for sure

How many wires are you having to build?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Granted on a 4090, but this patch 100% fixed any fps issues I had

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

FPyat posted:

Got a Rsddit post arguing that the economic simulation is all smoke and mirrors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylines/s/Vw9qN3HbYE

That has to be a big, several of the pretelease videos from YouTubers was showing them doing exports and stuff

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

lagidnam posted:

Trailer for the free Region Pack is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFn1gm4iE1M

Really hope the mod stuff comes soon

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Well I'm not sure if this indicates something is broken or that something was fixed lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcdhR3uALj0

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

How can I stop my idiots from doing blatantly illegal traffic maneuvers? They do this during rush hour and stop all traffic in both directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_rlTIcOa-Q

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Fellblade posted:

Really would like some info on when the mod platform is going to appear.

Yeah was hoping it was going to be after like a week. I was hoping at the very least that the supposedly-already-finished creator pack would be out this week to add some variety to buildings :(

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

MONTHS???

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Mandoric posted:

"pathfinding errors"

Ignoring full obvious bugs even, the fact pathfinding only cares about the shortest road-route and ignores road throughput and traffic is just baffling.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Tarnop posted:

Especially when they made a whole dev diary about how route preferences would be more sensibly derived and would differ across demographics (cheapest vs quickest etc)

That's how they choose if they'll drive/walk/bus/etc, but the vehicles take simple routes.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Tarnop posted:

CO claimed it would be better and that cims would factor in road throughput and traffic

Oh, well, this 100% doesn't happen

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

They do merge really early to the point it can cause huge issues though. Before they decide to merge they'll use the full highway though.

piratepilates posted:

I'm not sure what the issue with schools was in the first place, I see comments about people needing to spam them in their city (also saw a reddit post today of the same, where the person put them all next to each other :psyduck:), but I don't feel like I've ever needed an abundance of them, maybe one per large housing development district. It takes a long time to graduate anyway.

The problem is if you have a dense downtown you need a school every block or so to actually give coverage. My downtown has 4 elementary schools surrounding it and the center is still dark red for coverage.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 16, 2023

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Popete posted:

I haven't messed with this but can you increase taxes on low density residential only?

Yep!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Wild that the game was literally a year from being done and they shoved it out the door anyway. I say this as someone who has already played a lot of it. I put it down when the trailer for the community asset pack came out, expecting that to be out in a week or two, but it might be months? Guess I'll uninstall for now as well.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

deep dish peat moss posted:

Dwarf Fortress is a remarkably simple game, if you're used to Rimworld (especially with the expansions and/or mods) you'll find yourself surprised at how little "game stuff" there is to do in DF - it's mostly just a world simulator where you can build an anthill that manages itself most of the time. Its reputation came from the ASCII UI that was incomprehensible to people who didn't put in a lot of time with it, rather than any actual mechanics or gameplay stuff.

I mean it's still a cool game, but in the context of having played a bunch of Rimworld first DF felt like it was a few notches down in complexity to me. The world and history generation stuff it does is incredibly complex and cool, but that's not something you directly interact with when playing the game.

DF is much more of a 'make your own goals' game than rimworld is. The thing that makes it much more complex is the "3D" physics simulation. The fact that liquids flow and you can build mechanisms to move things around and activate other devices, etc, and the fact that doing so can serve a useful purpose. Building in multi Z-level constructions in DF is much more interesting than rimworld's flatland simulation in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Still just not going to touch it until asset packs are available. The game isn't challenging in a way that I can ignore how boring my city looks.