Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The first attack is why Lod's body is laying there and getting slowly sucked into the smelter with the sign. Originally I think it was covered with chunks of ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I installed some mods that add extra npcs and now every inn is filled to the brim with custom voice acted shitheads.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I installed some mods that add extra npcs and now every inn is filled to the brim with custom voice acted shitheads.

I used Inconsequential NPCs so it's a bunch of people called Patrons, Laborers, Scribes, and so on, and then ones with "Suspicious" in front of it like a Dark Elf Laborer I saw just standing at a window in Windhelm.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had some others but they seemed to be CTDing me when I went to town so I got rid of them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

IO used that and another one. I forget what it;s called but it's the other big mod that adds npcs. Every black smith gets a freakign assistant and people like Arcadia have a family living in her little one room shop.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only assistant I've seen that I don't remember from Vanilla is "Halldis" in Whiterun with the chick in the front of the city, she sounds custom voice acted. But it'd be really weird for that to be the only one unless it's one of the special ones INPC adds I guess.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only have Apocalypse and the custom start mod installed, because it kept crashing with anything else, but it's cool lighting everything on fire in the Dawnstar Daedra quest, even though everything kills me in two hits because even though Skyrim has level scaling in Vanilla some stuff is still harder than other areas and I guess they didn't expect me to do the only obvious quest in Dawnstar as a scrub.

Still, it's cool not knowing WTF was going to happen with my start, so now I'm getting my alchemy on even though I just wanted to shoot fire at people.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I used Inconsequential NPCs so it's a bunch of people called Patrons, Laborers, Scribes, and so on, and then ones with "Suspicious" in front of it like a Dark Elf Laborer I saw just standing at a window in Windhelm.

If you find the suspicious ones after hours or whatever they'll fence your stolen poo poo

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
suspicious redguards sell you weed :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao I was walking into Riverwood and there was these wild warthogs standing in the middle of town and a kid was running in a circle around it yelling Get away! and it was spinning around trying to headbutt him.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Sounds like a bad time op.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Sounds like a bad time op.

Heavily Modded Skyrim Is Awesome.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Heavily Modded Skyrim Is Awesome.

Meh... I couldn't make the combat fun and that's what I was interested in. The Survival mod stuff is kinda cool, and the alternate starts as well, but I guess you can't fix the core gameplay. Also I hate the dungeons so much. Those stupid puzzles.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ragg posted:

Meh... I couldn't make the combat fun and that's what I was interested in. The Survival mod stuff is kinda cool, and the alternate starts as well, but I guess you can't fix the core gameplay. Also I hate the dungeons so much. Those stupid puzzles.

agreed, although i still played through around 4 times in various states of modding despite becoming increasingly disgusted with the quests, combat, and dungeon design. i'm pretty positive that outside of a total conversion i could never play the game again.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The combat, and even the noncombat skills/mechanics are all really bad but I still have fun running around for ~30 minutes every month or so

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I installed Apocalypse and Midas Magic, and now there's a shitload of spells and its cool. Plus one of them adds non-channeled newbie spells, like the lightning one that does insanely massive damage on the first hit in combat, and is then weaker than say Lighting Bolt would be. So basically it just lets you one-hit all those scrubby wolves and poo poo that attack you on the road. Or you can use it while sneaking to one-hit someone.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Ragg posted:

Also I hate the dungeons so much. Those stupid puzzles.

*in pre-release footage* "Yes this is just one of the puzzles you'll find in the game! See, now you grabbed this claw earlier in the dungeon, and you come to this door, ascribed on it 9 symbols. You have to find out which ones to put in, but how? Well if you look at the claw...." *flips claw over in inventory, crowd is impressed, actually a cool puzzle*

*do that about 20 times*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

klapman posted:

*in pre-release footage* "Yes this is just one of the puzzles you'll find in the game! See, now you grabbed this claw earlier in the dungeon, and you come to this door, ascribed on it 9 symbols. You have to find out which ones to put in, but how? Well if you look at the claw...." *flips claw over in inventory, crowd is impressed, actually a cool puzzle*

*do that about 20 times*

I for one think it's an epic time saver that the claw is quite often sitting directly in front of the door on the corpse of the man who died trying to figure out the puzzle.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pewdiepie posted:

CBBE or UNPB-BBP?

which one has the biggest titties

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
whre is deadly reflex: skyrim edition...?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I for one think it's an epic time saver that the claw is quite often sitting directly in front of the door on the corpse of the man who died trying to figure out the puzzle.

My favorite thing about every Bethesda game is that the most challenging + inventive puzzles in the game are in the first 5 dungeons you see and a few spots in the main quest, and then absolutely every other cave/dungeon/castle/whatever is going to be almost totally the same as every other minor one, right down to the enemy placement.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

which one has the biggest titties

CBBE hands down.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pewdiepie posted:

CBBE hands down.

thats gonna be my#1 mod install

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this is my current mod list

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u47xVO9OOA

shadowplay works pretty good on my new computer...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
has anyone made any total conversions for this thing yet?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i actually got tons of mods for this and started playing and now i have aids thanks

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you choose thalmor start in live another life, the modder adds Thalmor barks to your character which is kinda cool to hear your character yell "Death to all mankind!" when you cave a skeever's brains in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you choose thalmor start in live another life, the modder adds Thalmor barks to your character which is kinda cool to hear your character yell "Death to all mankind!" when you cave a skeever's brains in.

lol

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Ragg posted:

deadly combat is actually really good. it adds timed blocks and increases damage penetration/stam damage through blocks if you dont use them well, as well as generally increasing the damage and lowering armor across the board. attacks cost a lot more stamina and stamina regenerates faster. blows to the back are very deadly and there is locational damage effects. the end result is that combat is a lot more measured, deadly, and less spammy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I liked deadly combat but it really falls apart when you're engaging more than 1 opponent.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Let's reinstall Skyrim and play it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zen death robot posted:

GTAV is unlocked in 6 hours

I don't know what that is. Anyways, I'll be reinstalling Skyrim and playing it soon.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
smh if u ever uninstalled skyrim except to move it to a new, better hard drive and computer system

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

any sick mods one can recommend for skyrim??

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ostentatious posted:

Apocalypse magic is epic. I changed my mind about Midas magic because i hardly ever use any of the spells. Frostfall sounds like it just adds tedium but the coldness survival thing doesn't really seem to get in the way that much. The mod that makes spell particle effects give off lights is sweet, when u can see your hands lit up at night from your fire spells, and fireballs light whole trees on fire for a little bit.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Ostentatious posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27644
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know if there's a mod that lets you rescale Daedric weapons, so they don't suck a few levels after you get them. I did the quest that gtives you the glowing sword that explodes undead, and it's equivalent to a glass sword. I don't want to not use it because it looks epic and the enchantment is extremely strong.

• Locked thread