Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Rusev being a jerk to Lana after his match made me legit mad. Full-on mark status.

I wanted him to carry her up the ramp, bodyguard style. To hell with the USA, they still have each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Remember when WWE tried to get a nice-guy rookie called Rocky Maivia over and the audience absolutely hated him?
Yeah, Reigns needs to go mega-heel.

Roman sucks! Die Reigns die!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Paul Heyman's reaction is indeed great. I rewatched the ending with the sound off and it's crazy how fast Reigns and Lesnar are going for big dudes.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Say Nothing posted:

Remember when WWE tried to get a nice-guy rookie called Rocky Maivia over and the audience absolutely hated him?
Yeah, Reigns needs to go mega-heel.

yeah the problem with that is I highly doubt reigns can promo anywhere close to rocks league not to mention they pulled the plug on rocky long before he had the chance to potentially ruin the mainevent at wrestlemania

thats not to say he still cant get over, but hes gonna have a much much harder go of it than the rock

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 30, 2015

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's still the best method, lots of people get over as a heel first because they actually get to have a personality and forge a connection with the audience that is maintained even once they switch to the more generic babyface promos. Worked just fine for Rock, Austin, Cena, Daniel Bryan, and plenty of others.

Reigns started as a heel, but he definitely wasn't the guy getting to display his personality, he was just the guy who said "Believe that" at the end of the other two guys giving promos. A solo heel run could be great for him.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Shoehead posted:

I wanted him to carry her up the ramp, bodyguard style. To hell with the USA, they still have each other
I was hoping for that, too. Lana's obviously (sincerely?) over and it wouldn't take much to turn them into bizarro communist Savage & Elizabeth.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i really hope they dont break up rusev and lana because their act is so good and what the hell will they do without each other

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't think they are breaking them up, they just wanted her there for WM and needed to rewrite her off for the rest of the movie.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Tato posted:

It's still the best method, lots of people get over as a heel first because they actually get to have a personality and forge a connection with the audience that is maintained even once they switch to the more generic babyface promos. Worked just fine for Rock, Austin, Cena, Daniel Bryan, and plenty of others.

Reigns started as a heel, but he definitely wasn't the guy getting to display his personality, he was just the guy who said "Believe that" at the end of the other two guys giving promos. A solo heel run could be great for him.

they should give it a shot, i mean if nothing else they bought him at least a year to make it happen, hopefully wwe (and the crowd too) will have enough patience to do it right.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The problem with comparing Reigns to Rocky Maivia is that Vince is most likely determined to get him over as the #1 babyface to inherit the Cena/Hogan mantle because he decided long ago that Roman would do exactly that. Vince doesn't know how to organically connect a character anymore, and if they do connect independently of his will then by god he'll tell you to stop saying your catchphrase or doing your signature spot everyone likes or give you a midcard title because who needs wins when you've got a belttitle, goddammit.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Make sure to pay attention to the part where HHH got cucked by Ronda Rousey
:stare: now that would have been worth more than 9.99

Tr33
May 26, 2007

actually things were going as planned until reigns got hurt and halted his development. i dont think anyone really expected reigns to be that far behind by the time he got back, altho the via satellite promos was a decent indicator. but even then satellite promos are dumb anyway so it was at least fair to try to let him make an actual return before saying gently caress it.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Got back from WrestleMania a few hours ago. Had a great time, but I feel like doing it during the day really ruined a lot of the atmosphere. Once it started getting dark, the stage and the lights really started to look great, but outside of Lesnar's entrance and Rollins' exit they weren't able to take advantage of it.

Not sure how it came across on TV, but the crowd just seemed pretty dead for Taker/Wyatt. The crowd's energy level seemed higher through the Divas match.

Shrimpy fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 30, 2015

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Shrimpy posted:

Got back from WrestleMania a few hours ago. Had a great time, but I feel like doing it during the day really ruined a lot of the atmosphere. Once it started getting dark, the stage and the lights really started to look great, but outside of Lesnar's entrance and Rollins' exit they weren't able to take advantage of it.

Not sure how it cam across on TV, but the crowd just seemed pretty dead for Taker/Wyatt. The crowd's energy level seemed higher through the Divas match.

The sound was kind of all over the place on TV from what I can tell you (watching with friends while we were also talking constantly). Sometimes we were able to hear crowds, sometimes we weren't. The wrestlers music was sometimes extremely clear and sometimes barely audible. The only thing that was constant was the trio of horrible monsters doing commentary. The open air acoustics are very different from the regular closed stadiums they run and it was a bit of an issue. Had to strain to hear chants and ask my friends to shut up a few times.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

pressedbunny posted:

I was hoping for that, too. Lana's obviously (sincerely?) over and it wouldn't take much to turn them into bizarro communist Savage & Elizabeth.

Considering all their real life stuff together I would get super mushy over it :3:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Enjoyed that show and I must be the only one who liked the daytime setting and the T-HHH entrance.
Still my favourite part was where Scott Hall face sting the bat and one of the commentary team (I think it was Lawler) shouts "DDDDAMMMNNN YOUUUU RAZORRRR"

I'm pretty sure Brock decided to legit hurt Reigns after those clearly very stiff shots at the beginning of the match he looked pissed as hell.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Gaz2k21 posted:

I'm pretty sure Brock decided to legit hurt Reigns after those clearly very stiff shots at the beginning of the match he looked pissed as hell.

I can't believe all you guys think this. They had to work stiff because it was Wrestlemania, and the main event. Thinking Brock actually was "shooting" on Roman Reigns or really tried to hurt him is nuts. How can anyone believe this? Are you all insane?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

I can't believe all you guys think this. They had to work stiff because it was Wrestlemania, and the main event. Thinking Brock actually was "shooting" on Roman Reigns or really tried to hurt him is nuts. How can anyone believe this? Are you all insane?

Wrestlemania pretty much proves that ultimately, everyone is a dumb mark.

Other things to come out of this:

Dean Ambrose will now surely resume his feud with Rollins!
We'll get Brock vs Rock at WM32 despite The Rock literally challenging Triple H to a match
Brock and Reigns were shooting and Rollins didn't know it coming out to cashin

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I mean when Undertaker first came out, I thought he really killed each jobber when he tombstoned them and put them in a bodybag, but I was seven.

Anyone who thinks Brock was actually shooting and trying to hurt Reigns needs to take a step back and count to 10.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What's hilarious to me about the Sting HHH match was that it was basically everything Max Landis said about HHH's character in one match. An insecure rich guy with an overblown entrance that tried to make him look like a bad rear end by hiring an actual bad rear end. Then he has to cheat to win, with no one else other than the DX putty men that he found on the side of the road.

EDIT: AND HIS BEST FRIEND SHAWN MICHAELS.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

I mean when Undertaker first came out, I thought he really killed each jobber when he tombstoned them and put them in a bodybag, but I was seven.

Anyone who thinks Brock was actually shooting and trying to hurt Reigns needs to take a step back and count to 10.

It's mostly projecting what they want. I know if lesnar legit shooted on roman/cena I would still be marking out so hard. Even now just fantasizing about Vince's quads exploding and his bowels releasing as he sprints to the ring to try to do something makes me smile.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

neonbregna posted:

It's mostly projecting what they want. I know if lesnar legit shooted on roman/cena I would still be marking out so hard. Even now just fantasizing about Vince's quads exploding and his bowels releasing as he sprints to the ring to try to do something makes me smile.

I'll be honest I have only been watching WWE for 6 months so I'm new to it but I do know striking very well and all the striking I've seen in WWE so far (which includes all 31 wrestlemania's ) has pretty much all looked like poo poo I guess I was just shocked at the punching in this match looked decent to a point where I figured reigns couldn't be throwing worked shots.

Superman punch still sucks however !

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

bradzilla posted:

We'll get Brock vs Rock at WM32 despite The Rock literally challenging Triple H to a match

It's possible we could get Rock HHH at summerslam, and then Rock Brock next year. Or Rock as a special guest referee for Roman's soon to be interminable feud with the authority. Or Rock just showing up for a payday every two months because Vince is convinced people are still surprised when he shows up constantly.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

purkey posted:

If there is an RKO/cutter or whatever better than this please post it, because oh my god that was one of my favorite moves of all time.

How could you forget Randal's strongest RKO of all time?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The most important lesson from WrestleMania is that Ronda Rousey is more powerful than Sting, Hogan, Nash, and Hall combined.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

projecthalaxy posted:

The most important lesson from WrestleMania is that Ronda Rousey is more powerful than Sting, Hogan, Nash, and Hall combined.

Well duh, she's a REAL fighter. She's probably as tough as Brock Lesnar!

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Just watched the show and rusev's entrance was the biggest highlight goddamn. The ending was also the best possible outcome they could have had imo. Also why is taker still wrestling

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

My mom knew Roman Reigns would have a great match with Brock Lesnar.

No one said it was a bad match, just that Roman didn't look like a super strong dude! Just a dude w/ the gigglefits

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Authorman posted:

It's possible we could get Rock HHH at summerslam, and then Rock Brock next year. Or Rock as a special guest referee for Roman's soon to be interminable feud with the authority. Or Rock just showing up for a payday every two months because Vince is convinced people are still surprised when he shows up constantly.

I have to disagree. Summerslam is the second most important show of the year sure, but no matter how you slice it, it's no Wrestlemania. If anything they'll use Summerslam for a segment to further the build to the Mania match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I really hope Undertaker shows up even just by video and gives Wyatt something to put him over. You're leaving for 51 weeks, Taker, let the young good version of you be over.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MotU posted:

No one said it was a bad match, just that Roman didn't look like a super strong dude! Just a dude w/ the gigglefits

Are you serious? Roman didn't look strong? How drunk were you during Mania?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Roman took more f5s than taker

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

He kept getting up and laughing as Brock brutalized him.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roman Reigns looked like John Cena who will NEVER GIVE UP which I'm quite sure was the plan/idea. It was done very well.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Roman did amazing last might. He shows real promise and if they rehab him for a while he might be ready by next year's Mania.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Roman Reigns looked like John Cena who will NEVER GIVE UP which I'm quite sure was the plan/idea. It was done very well.

I was getting shades of Tommy Dreamer tbh

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

I was getting shades of Tommy Dreamer tbh

That was the exact analogy Dave used, and he thinks that may have been very intentional since Paul has a lot of say in laying out Brock's matches and is a fan of Reigns.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Now to see if reigns starts crying in all his promos

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

bradzilla posted:

I have to disagree. Summerslam is the second most important show of the year sure, but no matter how you slice it, it's no Wrestlemania. If anything they'll use Summerslam for a segment to further the build to the Mania match.

It's still way too far out to plot out a mania match, especially between two part timers that isn't going to be the main event nor a belt match. No one's going to remember this boring stall promo on a year. Sting was only first teased near summerslam and his showing up was somewhat of a big deal. Rock headlined mania three of the past five years. He's basically just another Jericho or Rvd at this point, although with a much more successful second career.

I can't imagine that rock hhh is their final goal with the rock this upcoming year. Who the gently caress cares about that, they fought plenty of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Now to see if reigns starts crying in all his promos

Bring in Terry Funk to manage / betray Reigns.

• Locked thread