Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sono posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAxMtoBU9k8

Someone who starred in a gay fetish video is the undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion of the World, and I couldn't be happier. We've come a long way. :911:

quote:

how disgraceful this little Jewish Gayboy in on top of die World War Entertainment und not mein Führer Adolf Ziggler this ist what ist wrong with WWE today loving QUEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That show really was great.

Doesn't touch the Tokyo Dome show match quality wise, but had more stupid fun stuff. My only real gripe is that Rock/Ronda segment went WAY too long.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

cams posted:

yeah this is all accurate. cena/rusev was a good match but nothing special, ajpaige/bellas was a passable divas match, hhh/sting was worthless garbage, taker/bray was a better match but still boring and worthless, the tag champ match was pretty good, intercontinental ladder match was an average wrestlemania ladder match.

this would have been a completely unremarkable wrestlemania if it weren't for that fantastic main event.
Yup pretty much. Not sure how Dave is going to say that Sting match was good

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MrSmokes posted:

Rollins just SPRINTING up the ramp after his win like he just stole a million bucks was the best part.

while Michael Cole yells "THIS WAS A HEIST"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Who cares its still stupid

Agreed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This owns also kindly check your PMs friendo

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Dunbar posted:

The crowd live must have been absolutely nuclear, because while I thought it was a good show, it was nowhere near "best ever" levels.

Maybe my definitions are a bit weird. I don't think there were any truly "great" matches, but every single thing was at least "good" and that's amazing for a six hour show.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Fiveace Attorney posted:

only 90's kids get this match

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I honestly don't mind Sting losing to HHH, Sting still looked great while losing would have been difficult to address considering HHH is still going to be on TV every week. Sting isn't.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dave Meltzer saying this is one of the best shows he's ever seen

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Bless this man

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The spirit of the Ultimate Warrior runs forever.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

pressedbunny posted:

That WM was not flawless: the Divas should have gotten another 4-5 minutes and not been such a Raw match

It was a men's RAW match, which might not be ideal is still a step in the right direction for women's WWE wrestling.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fiveace Attorney posted:

it was a silly spectacle which is fine because Stink is not doing #workrate in 2015

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Goodpart posted:

So why did the world champ lose clean to Randy Orton again? On the night that he won the title, no less?

Ask Brett Hart.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It's not a classic Sting match without overbooked nonsense and a crap finish that makes Sting look like an idiot.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Ages posted:

Bless this man

Rollins is a tunnel alright

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

cams posted:

yeah this is all accurate. cena/rusev was a good match but nothing special, ajpaige/bellas was a passable divas match, hhh/sting was worthless garbage, taker/bray was a better match but still boring and worthless, the tag champ match was pretty good, intercontinental ladder match was an average wrestlemania ladder match.

this would have been a completely unremarkable wrestlemania if it weren't for that fantastic main event.

Yeah same, a great main event can save a show overall but it doesn't retroactively make mediocre undercard matches better

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If you didn't think Sting vs HHH was the raddest thing since Kidd Radd, then boy do you and I have different opinions on pro wrestling.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Aesop Poprock posted:

He's a human being that gets excited about things.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

this buildup was poo poo and i hate this company but this show owned. owned.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It's not a classic Sting match without overbooked nonsense and a crap finish that makes Sting look like an idiot.

Vintage Sting!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Aesop Poprock posted:

what a mark this was actually literally the worst wrestlemania of all time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shima Honnou posted:

what a mark this was actually literally the worst wrestlemania of all time

he's a mark for american wrestling imo

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Vegeta beat up Stephine and Rollins/Lesnar clowned Reigns. It wasn't as good as last year, but it was good.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
You guys?

Seth Rollins.

:3:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Match owned.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Otto von Ruthless posted:

It was a men's RAW match, which might not be ideal is still a step in the right direction for women's WWE wrestling.

i heard rumors they're paying attention to #givedivasachance

but then i remember the diva search is coming back

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Rusev being a jerk to Lana after his match made me legit mad. Full-on mark status.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

So that was my first Wrestlemania after a few months of reading about the WWE without actually watching it, and I'm starting to get into this whole thing. This is probably a really dumb, stupid question, but are there any non-cable ways to watch the weekly shows? As far as I can tell, they aren't actually on the WWE Network, right?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

HHH is gonna be so loving smug tomorrow you guys

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

I thought it was fine at the start but once all the old people came out and were supposed to believe theyre legit fighting each other it was pretty drat bad. If hilarious

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Vertical Lime posted:

i heard rumors they're paying attention to #givedivasachance

but then i remember the diva search is coming back

I wonder if her butt will be hungry.

Hungry for pie.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Rusev being a jerk to Lana after his match made me legit mad. Full-on mark status.

Lana face turn, then? i figured they'd tease a Rusev turn with Lana verbally abusing him or something

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

motherbox posted:

So that was my first Wrestlemania after a few months of reading about the WWE without actually watching it, and I'm starting to get into this whole thing. This is probably a really dumb, stupid question, but are there any non-cable ways to watch the weekly shows? As far as I can tell, they aren't actually on the WWE Network, right?

hulu plus, kinda

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I can't wait to see where this goes, I really like them two together.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shima Honnou posted:

everyone saying this 'mania was bad please go watch an actual bad 'mania and then come back

It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Writer Cath posted:

You guys?

Seth Rollins.

:3:

I know, right? :dance:

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
That was a great Wrestlemania that posters on this forum wanted to hate so badly that they'll pretend it was bad.

See also: Most Cena v Orton matches, most HHH matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/Holtarna/status/582379732626378752

• Locked thread