Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Really, I understand what's going on in Gallia. How many people actually going to buy those revelations about the Darcsen and the Valkyrur? It really seems to convenient to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Isara Squad.

Because seriously, gently caress the South.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Monkey Fracas posted:

So they took everything that made Engineers vaguely useful and gave it to a blast-proof melee weapon class and then gave Engineers worse guns.

Engineers :saddowns:

Yeah, it's astonishing how they got the short end of the stick here.

Especially given the vastly scaled-down deployment limit.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Welkin is taking on the role of the most important character from the last game: the old soldier in the graveyard who taught him orders.

Not his fault that Avan is poo poo at giving them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It is kind of a ridiculous shift to go from normal rebel missions to OH poo poo SYNTHETIC VALKYRIES.

Or maybe the Empire is just doing additional research.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I understand what the classmate missions are for, even if you persist in giving Hector an iron sword.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Xander77 posted:

Huh. So someone sat down, read the complaints about the main female character being more than enough to solo through VC1, and came up with a brilliant solution.

Isara could rule all and sundry on account of being in a custom tank, I don't think that's unrea--

Oh, no, wait.

How dare the Valkyrur kick rear end in a game called Valkyria Chronicles.

...oh god if Cosette's a secret Valkyrur I will start hitting people and I don't know when I'll stop.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Calling it now: Class A somehow gets their hands on a V2, Avan takes it down, and when they're all going WTF about it he says "yeah, there were like four of them when we saved the princess".

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

I am trying not to completely explode at this.

I realize it became kind of a melancholy war anthem in the after years, but...

That was Rosie's song. You were in the same goddamn squad as her and if you didn't pay attention to why she sang it in the first place YOU ARE THE WORST PERSON.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A butler and a nun.

Reading the character design notes has already made me feel sorry for humanity, and now there's a butler and a nun.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Adnd then the researcher in the abandoned building is going to yell at Avan for getting her experiment wet.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing at the endless parade of bullshit this game throws at you. A shocktrooper who can't be a shocktrooper! Promotion rare drops to units that already have promotions!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh boy, cutscene deaths! Those are always absolutely terrible.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know what the robot professor has against lion's paw. If it's anything like dandelions, those greens are pretty tasty.

In any case, the classmate stuff makes even less sense now that we're actually in a military base, but that student council rear end in a top hat acting up is actually good timing for him, considering he's probably cracking from the pressure.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

So, in some ways Audrey is even more of a nutcase than Baldren. If she ever finds out Alicia is a Valkyur as well, she might just end herself.

: Hi! I'm the Valkyrur hero from the last war! I'm a peasant baker!
: ...hello?
: And this is my husband! He likes to chase after weird bugs.
: Weird... bugs?
: Now, honey, the red-crested Gallian dung beetle might have learned how to metabolize wood ash, but that doesn't make it weird. To the beetle, it's perfectly normal!
: That's my darling! Isn't he wonderful?
: I... I... :suicide:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I swear, these potentials and orders seem like they were made for the last game's maps, not this game's maps.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have given up trying to understand the progression of the war or Lanseal's relation to any of it.

All I can say is, if Baron Crazypants gets his hands on artificial Valkyrur technology for the final battle, I'm going to need a new keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose his delusional nutbar nature is what led Baldren to mount a giant ragnite reactor on his own back.

It's like, what the gently caress are you even talking about, you rear end in a top hat? We ARE protecting Gallia. This is protecting Gallia, right now. From synthetic Valks nonetheless! That's good protecting.

• Locked thread