Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't forget that mean old Obama wants to make up new overtime rules that will kill the retail industry :cry: If managers can't work 90 hours a week for $25,000 a year, how can we expect to be successful!?

It's going to quadruple the price of walmart underwear packs! OH NO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

joeburz posted:

Pence crumbles under the might of Big Gay

Need to relax the anus.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I learned the house I'm moving to is on an irrigation ditch. We can only water our lawn when the city puts water in the ditch. I thought it was neat.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

As a Church myself I will do my part by having as much sex as possible.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mauser posted:

I don't understand why the Republicans put in so much effort to sabotage things when their base will seriously believe whatever horseshit they throw at them. Why do we need to bring reality into this process on any level?

Their backers stand to make fat stacks mountains with another war?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

Why the gently caress would they?

We've literally called up the last country we were at war with, told them exactly what we were going to do and how to do it and then because of how much we spend on our military we won without even really trying. We basically took the main highway to Baghdad with huge neon signs on our tanks saying "come stop up fuckers" and won handily. And I'm not saying this like I have a war boner or anything either... It's terrifying that the US military could basically curb stomp any other nation on earth even if it was being lead by George loving McClellan.

Then crippled by guerilla tactics while shoveling billions to private contractors. :911:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Quote of the last January, “After so many years of sluggish growth, we’re finally starting to see some economic data that can provide a glimmer of hope; the uptick appears to coincide with the biggest political change of the Obama Administration’s long tenure in Washington: the expectation of a new Republican Congress.” ~ Mitch McConnell.

Quote of the morning, "This report clearly shows that President Obama's efforts have not done enough to grow our economy and create jobs fast enough. It's very disappointing to see that job creation slowed down in March... Republicans in Congress know that their efforts to restore the economy have only just begun." ~ Reince Priebus.

You're an idiot if you didn't see this coming.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Wulfolme posted:

I still don't understand how Jesus getting executed redeemed something. They always state this like it's such an obvious fact and I just do not understand why it is supposed to mean anything.

The story goes Jesus took our sins, died, and freed us from them by taking them with him to the sin vault or something. It's the whole sacrifice thing.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Adam and Eve sinned (by seeking knowledge) and because of that, all of their descendants (everyone) would be born with that sin on their souls.

Angry Old Testament God (TM) proceeds to destroy the world/towns several times for their sins. AOTG punishes people left and right for their sins. If you sacrificed something important, AOTG would call it even. This goes on for a few millennia.

Nice New Testament God (TM) has a change of heart and sends his son (or himself incarnate) to check out this world on a human level( or possibly the specific purpose of dying). Jesus spreads his good news and is sacrificed for it (remnants of AOTG).

His death took away the original sin of Adam and Eve. But to make sure that you are able to use that sacrifice as your "get out of jail free" card, you must live your life "for Jesus" (which really depends on the individual as to what that means).

If you think about it AOTG transitioned into NNTG after banging some dude's wife.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Grouchio posted:

So AOTG is basically a bitter virgin neet.

Complete with neck beard and fedora.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Congressman Huelskamp is mad about bullet bans. So mad that he's gonna ban the bullet ban... with bullets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWdbqV_AICc

Take that, paper!

I'm honestly surprised one of this "I'm gunna shoot this bill!" shits haven't shot themselves in the foot yet. Literally shoot themselves.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Just imagine a beemer rolled over. Like no one gets hurt or anything just they roll their fancy new car.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

Palin cleans up well, at least. And did have some media training

these people would be the equivalent of just grabbing some rando from walmart

Those eyes burn right through to the soul.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Crowsbeak posted:

Who the gently caress just eats white cake?

That cake looks tasty.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
My belly is currently full of eggs and coffee you hate mongering twat licker.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

My breakfast today was steak, a $100 bill, and a tall glass of the tears and sweat of poors

Good source of electrolytes after a night of coke and scotch.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

Why would you mix scotch with Coke?

One goes in the nose (or butt) one goes in the mouth.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CannonFodder posted:

Why would you butt-chug scotch?

Because it tastes better?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

The Republican Primaries are going to be loving amazing. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Jeb Bush, Cotton maybe?

loving fantastic.

What about Scott Walker? Or he too busy pissing on the ashes of Wisconsin still?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

I was thinking more in terms of how badly and non chalantly Ted Cruz has no problem at all selling out his party for his own personal goals.

I'm specifically talking about the Republican primaries.

Yeah, he is kind of a smug piece of poo poo and can come off that way but he will make everyone else look like a fool.

Thankfully I don't even think John loving Kerry could lose to him.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

It would not surprise me in the slightest for Ted Cruz to get more involved with the Supreme Court on Gay Rights at some point in the near future.

I hope RBG beats him with cue stick until he has detached retinas.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Which state will change welfare to just mean all the beans and rice they can haul in their cadi?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
If those dirty poors worked harder and stopped sexing they could afford more than slop.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Reminder that every dollar spent on food via ebt card generates like $2 of commerce. While $1 in tax breaks for Scrooge McKoch generates like a quarter of commerce.

Obama's playing the long game. Get the GOP to stumble over itself to rebuttal Trollbama and someone's bound to roll an ankle or pop a knee.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

How much does a dollar spent in EBT generate in tax revenue?

Who gives a gently caress?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

This isn't the line of thinking which gets EBT expanded.

If $1 of EBT generates $2 of taxes during the fiscal year, then yeah, you can make a great economic case for EBT. If it generates $2 of private enterprise spending? That won't balance your state budget and win you re-election.

Oh right asshats only care about bottom line.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Warcabbit posted:

Remember, Walker's the one who is skipping payments on his state's debt. He's fiscally conservative.

He can go hit up Money Tree if collections starts harassing him.

Freedom bitch.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Welcome to policy work, hope you don't share your opinions in public because you'll get nowhere, do nothing, and be nobody.

e:

I'm not asking whether EBT is revenue-neutral, I'm asking if EBT is revenue-generating. Revenue-neutral is a bit of a partisan issue these days, while revenue-generating allows additional tax breaks, exemptions, credits, and special priviledges to offset.

Hi Rand Paul.

Edit: really though the narrative of snap shouldn't be about revenue at all. It's spending to feed people so they can contribute to society.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 7, 2015

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'm asking whether a policy can be sold to lawmakers in a manner which resonates with them, while you're standing in your ideological world afraid to face the reality of policy work in America.

Which one of those is closer to Paul's framework, you idealogue? You hit policy makers with an economic argument, and THEN you follow it up with a moral argument. You don't play Horatio Hornblower and scream into the wind about the morality of a policy when your morality is so Nelsonian when theirs is modern.

What the gently caress are you talking about here?

Metaphors that confuse me aside the argument about policy isn't my goal or whatever. It's to highlight the GOP runs on spite and contempt for poor people.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Yeah, they're taking a stance. They're tweeting in the twittersphere.

They aren't voting, and they aren't making sufficient campaign contributions. Translation: They're powerless, and unwilling to have their views represented.

Where'd you get the money to feed 'em, pal? MY pocket? You're taking my money to give to those people? Get the gently caress outta here, pal. I'm gonna run against you in the primaries and beat you with a stick over your tax and spend policies.

"By giving the less fortunate full bellies we are allowing them freedom. Freedom to take the money they would have spent at Walmart on food and instead shop at your niche small business."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Oh no I do get it but I sure as hell don't like it.

Though I would like to know what sort of tax cuts would help the poor person succeed.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Tax cuts to job creators, duh. That's an easy question whose answer was found in 1982.

Job Creator, noun. Term used in political discussion to signify the person using it is full of poo poo.

The correct answer to my question is an honest progressive tax rate that focuses on income not consumption.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Jonathan Chait points out that Rand promised today that his Presidency would be full of illegal actions.

Happy Easter USPol. Jesus died so we can have the 2016 GOP primary.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

baw posted:

who exactly were these loving witnesses

George Zimmerman was taking a break from domestic violence.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

baw posted:

Great that the cop is going to jail but what about the turbofuckers who were willing to cover for him

The defense is probably already trying to get the Freep mod staff on the jury.

What's a WASP? It an accurate term since wasps are the spawn of Satan (not the good one used to troll Christians)?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

If you had to pick the best position within a Hillary whitehouse for Rahm, what would you pick?

Hitman?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

Huh, I'll be damned. I knew they had a professional association, wasn't aware a union could exist in SC.

The last unarmed shooting happened immediately after Ferguson and they were just as quick to throw the book. I think they can tell which way the wind is blowing.

They're cops though. Don't they get special privileges?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I think Car Rahmrod's position will depend on how much money he raises for Clinton. So he best get to hosting donation parties.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh man would this be such a clusterfuck. So many wives/husbands would be dead within a month.

"You slept with who during my deployment?!?!??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

Either way, it's really loving stupid. We had guys losing their weapons while in the field doing exercises, imagine them losing one in the neighboring city.

:argh:

Don't worry it'd be returned to the proper owner: only dude not carrying a gun.

• Locked thread