Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy hell.

Which state will have the next pants-on-head insane episode and create the next horrific piece of legislature?
Probably us here in FL with that bill that would make it illegal for trans people to use the restroom they feel comfortable the most in using, which also allows people to file civil suits against businesses that don't abide by that law. It's so disgustingly bigoted it's not even funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

http://wonkette.com/581451/supreme-court-tired-of-white-kids-whining-about-their-precious-american-flag

Remember the kids' parents complaining that they couldn't hate on non-whites in California with their patriotic t-shirts? SCOTUS was not impressed with their argument.
If there's anything SCOTUS hates more than minority rights, it's minors' rights at school.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

haveblue posted:

Also from the not-poo poo-you-joke-about department: California enacts water restrictions.
Already seeing a lot of Agenda 21 nonsense when you search 'Jerry Brown' on Twitter

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It seems like Menendez is not going to resign, but he is stepping down as ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/237694-menendez-to-step-down-from-leadership-role-for-now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

God I love that response.

"Those fags should be happy that we don't just straight up execute them like SOME PEOPLE (awkwardly points to Iranian flag)"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Kansas' state education cuts have hit two districts so hard they are going to have to end the school year earlier than planned due to lack of funding.

Keep in mind that the state has been ordered by the Kansas Supreme Court (at least once) to stop cutting education spending so much because they're violating the state constitution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/03/kansas-schools-funding_n_7001244.html

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Stereotype posted:

You are talking as if people are reasonable when it comes to suddenly having a ton of money.

The Atlantic did a story on all the ways people have found to mess up winning the lottery and ending up much worse off than when they started

I think there was a radio documentary on it too, probably This American Life. You think you'll be smart with it, but as another poster said, if you haven't ever had a million dollars in a bank account it looks like infinity dollars and you act as if it is.
I swear a huge number of lottery winners end up dying not long afterwards. It's something I see a few times a year.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

William Bear posted:

It's pretty sad. I looked up voter perceptions of both parties.

http://www.pollingreport.com/dvsr.htm

CBS news poll showed Republicans are viewed as better at dealing with terrorism among adults nationwide. A 51 to 28 lead in Feb.
I'll never understand that perception at all. I guess it's probably driven by the media.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's pretty much always been his position though?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I honestly forget whether he was originally behind it and the legislature said no, or if it was the reverse.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

baw posted:

who exactly were these loving witnesses
Other cops who weren't there but reporters will interview off the record

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Drudge was one of the first popular right wing news sites. Now there are a billion alternatives.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Florida's House is currently debating a bill which would effectively extend RFRA-like protections to state-funded adoption agencies, allowing them the freedom to refuse adoptions to gay couples in response to a lawsuit that struck down a state law which prohibited all gay adoptions.

In a move that should surprise no one, the chair of the House Judiciary Committee unceremoniously shut down testimony from a 10-year-old adopted by the family responsible for the lawsuit when his time was up, rather than granting him a few minutes to finish.
Here in FL we just call that 'privatizing bigotry' :911:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Regarding how schools have changed, you'll notice looking back that people started demonizing public education once we started desegregating the schools, and especially once busing started. At around the same time a lot of groups that were right-wing in nature went after textbooks that weren't 'appropriate' (ie. A lot of the textbooks that appeared in the 1970s that explained how no, the U.S. isn't perfect, or the sex ed stuff that was being taught).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

"Let me be clear: We jammin'. I want to jam it with you."
This really needs to be the new thread title

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Well, he's been talking up tougher Wall Street regulation, but then again so did Obama before he won the Presidency, so who knows.
From what I saw he just copy/pasted Warren's positions on Wall Street since she's not running.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Put Obama's Choom Gang picture on the Trillion Dollar Bill

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dammit Wyden, you're usually on the right side of things but not this one

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Why am I not surprised that yet another corporation has found an easy way to make crazy markup off of the taxpayer's dime.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don't know what's funnier, MIGF's trolling getting worse or more people falling for him than usual

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's a pretty low bar to clear

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ballz posted:

The face of a man ready for politics.
Rep. Patrick Bateman (R-MI)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Wasn't the whole point of the Transnational Partnership as a way to counteract Chinese economic dominance in the region?
Supposedly. Although it feels more like a corporate power grab across the pacific.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

But no, nobody should be prosecuted for literally manipulating global financial markets for profit

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Honda randomly came upon our 8th grade class when we were visiting DC and talked to us for like 20 minutes while we were waiting to get into the viewing gallery at the capitol, he owns :3:
I believe he has a transgender grandchild also, and has advocated for trans rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

US Pol May: But I do Speak a Common Language. I Speak Jesus.

• Locked thread