Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Samurai Sanders posted:

The governor of Arkansas ordered the legislature rethink the religious freedom bill BEFORE he signed it? So Arkansas > Indiana now?

TBF we expect this from literal shithole Arkansas. I spent an afternoon going to the Clinton library on a road trip once and the first thing I saw when I crossed the bridge from Memphis was a guy straight out of Duck Dynasty and a black teenager in one of those road crew outfits from community service chase a dog across a busy I-40W. The dog stopped at the grass median, looked at the both of them, and immediately ran in front of a semi truck.

My first and most riveting experience in Arkansas was watching a dog commit suicide so it wouldn't have to be in Arkansas anymore.

edit: The Clinton Library sells mousepads of Socks's face though, so it wasn't all terrible.

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pinball posted:

Are there any states that won't have issues with food and water in the coming years? Perhaps I should get out of Texas, if things are just going to get worse.

I'm in Cleveland right now and I'm looking forward to our ample amount of probably okay to drink water being a big deal in the coming decades.

Now you may be saying to yourself "Well, Business Gorillas, your lovely water was on fire not too long ago". Well, thanks to outsourcing, almost all of the steel plants that contributed to that minor incident are polluting all they want in China.

I guess you can say that the free market really does work :smug:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

I'm sure there are already people promising to leave their faucets running out of spite as well.

Wouldn't this do literally nothing since it would just go right back into the sewage system to be recycled anyways?

For proper spite you should fill containers full of water and allow it to evaporate outside.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I haven't been following the Chicago race at all and had no serious opinion on MIGF's political career before it, but I've really liked all of the photo ops he's done and the people he's posing with tweeting out how much of a miserable rear end in a top hat he is.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

Heiner, though, is a fatcat Louisville financier.
How can you attack your opponent for being a Louisville fatcat if you are yourself a Louisville fatcat?

It's pretty easy when you have no morals and your opponent lacks enough of a spine to call you out on it.

Even if you do get called out on it, your rabid conservative base has to care enough to sit home and ignore the drum-beating the most conservative person will do.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Don't worry, she worked hard to get that insurance*.

* - This is what a fiancee of a friend of mine who became a cop actually believes. She isn't smart enough to realize that she's literally saying she's whoring herself out for government benefits. Of course, she rails about the LAZY WELFARES all the time.**

** - Our friendship has become strained of late.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

So we can punish her for being married to a cop, and punish her for living in South Carolina... what other group punishments are applicable here?

- White Skin
- Being Racist (Probably)
- Descendant of Confederates
- Christian Subhuman
- Willing Participant in Propagating Cop DNA
- Being Insufferable (This is synonymous with "married to a cop")

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Dubstep Jesus posted:

paging Amergin or MIGF to save us from this stupid derail

I'd rather this than "Here's my plan for the nation's educational system based off of some anecdotes from my teenage years".

Trabisnikof posted:

No one is saying she should be kicked off insurance, just that a murderer shouldn't keep his job just because he knocked up his wife. How hard is that to understand?

lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

mdemone posted:

Of course this thread talks for multiple pages about the wife and her perfectly irrelevant prenatal needs instead of, you know, the cop who just murdered a guy in high definition.

We're saving that for when he's either:

a) not indicted
b) indicted but found not guilty
c) indicted, found guilty, and this one time a cop is actually convicted of murdering someone is dragged out for the rest of the decade by conservatives who insist that the system works.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

at least give the woman a chance to shoot her mouth off about how her husband did nothing wrong or whatever before you start contemning her, jesus

On the other hand, she got married to a cop in South Carolina. She's probably a bad person to begin with.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

It's a shame that Biden probably wouldn't be interested in another couple terms as VP, because I'd love to see him punk Walker in a debate like he did with Ryan.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Does Chipotle even have a tip jar? I don't think I've seen any and they don't ask for a tip on the receipt.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

Is this what forces mexicans to eat at chinese buffets?

If you grew up eating mexican food, why go out and get mexican food?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Much as I agree with the sentiment, this is unnecessary.
I like how his use of the word cocksucker apparently trumped your anger for the fact that republicans are trying their best to start a war with Iran.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

People please stop talking about how Baltimore is seen as "on of the good ones" and "not The South" because I'm not sure where you live but I've never heard of Baltimore being described as little more than a heavily black city with a lot of racist as gently caress white people (and it's absolutely "the south"). That their NFL team has had murderers play for them only tends to reinforce the view for racists that it's a city of urban ferals looking to steal everything.. Event friends who moved to the area for work have described as "stay the gently caress out of [areas] and it's almost as good as living Atlanta but the people are even more racist in private."

The South openly embraces its neo-confederate racism. People in Baltimore just let it fester under the surface like an infected wound.

IIRC at least one witness mentioned a cop pinned Grey down with the cop's knee pushing right on his spine which is a great way to permanently cripple or kill someone when the pressure gets high enough, especially when his head and/or legs are being bent around which was reported in this case as well?. It's really getting hard to keep the details of specific cases of police brutality from melting together in to one fascist chimera.

I give it about an 3% chance of any cops being charged and convicted. >1% chance of the charges also sticking and not being overturned on appeal.

I think he'd have become my favorite president of all time if he had specifically said Pokemon. I know Herman Cain would've applauded him. :japan:

The Baltimore Ravens are a poo poo team that belong in the garbage. 1996 Never Forget :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nonsense posted:

She's basically the same as the WP crew in the Baltimore is on Fire thread.

It was really funny when all of the ironic shitposting of GBS brought out actual racists but its sad to hear the thread has been taken over by them :smith:

• Locked thread