Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Big Gay is a power top. Pence getting his poo poo wrecked was inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Cheesus posted:

Do bad Yelp reviews help with this process?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/memories-pizza-walkerton

*clears cache*

Please put a dicks warning on that link for those of us at work.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

I dunno, perhaps yelp shouldn't let people review a business if they can't prove they actually went there...

Yelp activism is pretty stupid.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I can't feel a shred of sympathy for Pence. He was warned about all of this beforehand by these institutions and the business community and legal experts and he purposefully chose to go ahead with it all in spite of that to appease the religious fringe. gently caress him and I hope all these organizations decide to not return to Indiana as long as he's governor.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

computer parts posted:

They tried that 70 years ago and it didn't work.

Like, literally the whole theme of Hispanics during the Civil Rights movement was to say "we're not just another white subclass, we're our own thing".

White people make the rules on who's white though. v:shobon:v

And it's already happening anyhow. Once upon a time Ted Cruz would have not been counted as white.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Ex-Congressman, current-deadbeat dad, future Illinois Senate candidate Joe Walsh will be broadcasting his talk radio show from Memories Pizza in Walkerton, IN.

Of course he will. It's not about discrimination though.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Spaceman Future! posted:

in the year 2050 the smell of popcorn has gone from delightful movie treat to hellish gruel substitute. Lets all go to the lobby and get ourselves malnutrition.

Oddly enough that's probably how popcorn started as well. Popped in hot sand and then mashed into a gruel. :yum:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Already seeing a lot of Agenda 21 nonsense when you search 'Jerry Brown' on Twitter

I'm sure there are already people promising to leave their faucets running out of spite as well.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

Wouldn't this do literally nothing since it would just go right back into the sewage system to be recycled anyways?

For proper spite you should fill containers full of water and allow it to evaporate outside.

Never said they were very smart.

Joementum posted:

"Environmental protection is a total joke because these people do nothing. And I'll give you the example and it doesn't sound like much, but as a builder, I build, and I build beautiful places. And I have great success with these places. I go out, and you buy faucets today. No water comes out. Because they have it restricted. So what do you do? You leave the water running five times longer to wash your hands. The shower. You turn on the shower. There's no water. What is it? They have restricters in. You buy 'em with restricters. EPA. So what do you do? You stay in the shower for three times longer than you want to. There's no saving! And it's terrible. And people come over to our country and they say, 'What the hell's wrong with your showers? What's wrong with your water?'" ~ Donald Trump, in New Hampshire last month.

Case in point.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pegged Lamb posted:

is there a reason why lyndsay graham is such a warlord

Yes, but no one talks about it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if he and a lot of his base would sincerely like to hang gays.

Do you read the freep thread? They definitely do.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Honestly, so what? Let the bigots across the country spitefully flush their own money down the toilet. Memories Pizza isn't going to become a nationwide anti-gay pizza empire because of this. More than likely they'll just find some way to waste most of it and come around again in a few months begging for more cash using the same shtick.

Yeah, it's unfair and galling to watch assholes get rich off of crowdfunding just for being assholes, but sadly it's not a new concept. I have a feeling this is not going to end well for them, because sudden windfalls like this rarely do.

I had the same thought this morning and it tempered my anger a bit at this bullshit. Beck's people, who are behind this whole thing, have promised a financial advisor along with all the cash, presumably to make sure they don't blow it all at once, pay their taxes on it, that sort of stuff, but at the end of the day these people are still dumb, bitter, spiteful yokels and are going to blow it all in the dumbest way possible as so many so often do. It's not going to improve their lives, it's probably going to ruin them.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's going to be glorious next year when they remember they need to pay taxes on that.. I think they'd already owe something like $250,000 on that?

I tried looking into the tax thing, but I'm not really clear on how gift taxes work when there's an aggregating site like gofundme involved. There's a $14k exemption for each individual donor, but as it's all being pooled by a third party (who are also taking a cut themselves) does the nature of the whole thing change or does the individual donor relationship still exist? Or does none of that matter and it's all treated as normal income for the recipients?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

That's still 5-odd whole years of income for a middle-class working couple. Or 10 or so years of income for a single middle class worker. Or two or three years of income for someone in the lower edge of the 1%. That's a lot.

Or well upwards of 10 for the proprietors of a lovely pizza join in the middle of nowhere.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why move? Do the above and claim you were put out of business by the "gay agenda," acquire a few media contracts to defend RFRA, and become a regular talking head.

I doubt these people are well-spoken enough to be talking heads.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

How cute, you actually think that the ability to be a captivating speaker is a prerequisite to be a political talking head.

JT Jag posted:

How cute, you actually think that the ability to be a captivating speaker is a prerequisite to be a political talking head.

Palin cleans up well, at least. And did have some media training

these people would be the equivalent of just grabbing some rando from walmart

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

Lots of people, I hear

Tom Cotton among them, according to something I was just reading.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Are those rainbow sprinkles? :crossarms:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Is Walker Photoshopped in there? He seems especially out of place on the 3rd one.

Nah, they just greyed everyone else out a bit to highlight him as the subject of the image.

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's just because he's surrounded by people who work for a living.

but this is a better answer

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Killer robot posted:

Yeah, much as "the lottery is a tax on people who can't do math" gets thrown around, it's a cheap little thrill and money is non-linear. If you're dropping large amounts of money on tickets regularly that's a problem, but if you're comparing buying $5 of lottery tickets vs. $5 of drink now and then the thrill might be about the same, the risk is lower, and the potential reward higher.

People who shouldn't be blowing their money on poo poo like the lottery is a problem though. Who can say they haven't seen someone standing at a convenience store counter buying scratch off after scratch off, while their several kids sit outside in a rough idling beater?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

She died at 10:12am today :smith:

Murdering an old lady just to get out of attending her birthday party... thanks Obama.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I may have missed any discussion over the weekend or today, but I guess everyone is expecting Clinton will announce in the nest couple of weeks now that she's officially opened a campaign office?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I had a criminal justice class in high school where i figured out how to beat a smoking in school ticket. They had to write a whole new law because of me lol. That's my high school story thanks for listening.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bel Shazar posted:

Did you get extra credit for that? I feel like you should automatically pass the class after that chain of events.

No, but the judge wrote me a recommendation letter to university for it. That was pretty cool. He was kind of mad he had to let me off but I guess he respected my effort.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm still pretty proud of it, honestly. See, the way it worked was they used to write tickets for smoking at school under the penal code here in Texas using a section that prohibited smoking in public buildings and hospitals and the like, but after they wrote me a ticket one day and I got all pissed off abotu that I started looking into it and there was a subsection that stated that any building which didn't permit smoking was required to place ashtrays and signs outside every entrance, which obviously a school wasn't going to do (the ashtrays anyway) as that would give the appearance of permitting smoking at all on campus. So I pled no contest and put forth my case, and the judge told me he had no choice but to let me off even though he knew I knew I was in the wrong. And then I hear from a friend a couple months later who got sent to court for the same that the judge was letting everyone go because of "some punk kid named [my name]", which was awesome. And then further, the next legislative session they passed a law under the education code specifically banning tobacco use in public schools. It was all prety great

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Go back to a subject we will all comfortably circlejerk over, because literally everyone in this thread already agrees on the shooting itself (it was bad).

Yeah, 2 hits out of 8 fired at close range? And the dude was a big target even. That is definitely bad shooting.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Okay, maybe he could have used a course on how to murder and frame minorities better.

But he was already a police. Maybe the lessons just didn't stick because he was a dumb police or something.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

In any case, it's the baby we should be worrying about now. Assuming the lady actually likes her husband, that babby is gonna grow up with a beef. Maybe we strip her medical care and hope the problem takes care of itself.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

As long as Ted Cruz is running it will make Rand Paul look sane in comparison.

No, nothing can make Rand Paul look sane. Other people can only look equally crazy.

Plus, Ted is a slimy and calculating gently caress. Don't underestimate him in the primary. He'll skewer himself in the general, but he's well positioned to do very well in the primaries.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Walker is entirely a creation of the corporate wing of the Republican Party, and will receive much of their support during the primary. So he is definitely a contender.

He's just sooooooo completely uncharismatic and I'm not convinced he's combative or sharp enough to stand out or up to the bomb throwers he's facing.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

The presidential election can't be gerrymandered. Not that it hasn't been tried.

And at least one state is still trying!

I think.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Amergin posted:

Liberals already eating their own. Only took them a day.

One of the best snippets:

Man, y'all will call Romney a flip-flopper politico-droid but Hillary? She's just a "chameleon" - it's just pragmatism! Work with the system, not against it!

EDIT: Can we get :mitt: but a Clinton version?

I'm done with actual work for the moment, lemme see what I can cook up.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OK well this is about as much work as I'm willing to put in on this.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Would be better if it didn't turn green imo

Wanted to push the chameleon aspect, but it can be easily changed.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

In that case it should cycle between a few different colors when it sticks out its tongue. First time green, second time pink, and so on. If that doesn't make it too big that is.

Like as it's sticking its tongue out? Or pick a few colors and do a different one between each "Love Me"?

Amergin posted:

It's beautiful and needs to be represented on the new page.

I feel like the timing still needs work. May tweak it some more.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

I suppose between each Love Me, like it is now, with her reverting to her normal flesh and blood form between each one.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

He made it to three things this time at least. Though I can't rule out the other guy giving him some help.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yes, heat death of the universe is a bitch.

Not gonna happen. I firmly believe in a big crunch.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Who says there only be one version of any particular denomination? You could do a couple versions of each. Plenty of countries do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Cash is only used for drugs anyway.

And at titty bars :colbert:

• Locked thread