Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

WATCH [JEB] BUSH START A loving WAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

The story goes Jesus took our sins, died, and freed us from them by taking them with him to the sin vault or something. It's the whole sacrifice thing.

Shoulda gone into a Vault-Tec brand Vault. Safe and Secure!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

LowellDND posted:

They bootstrapped themselves into success, why can't you?

They joined a profession that has a literal cartel controlling the slim trickle of people allowed to enter it, forcing the supply to always be outstripped by demand. Contrast with lawyering, which has such a glut that in San Diego they were offering salaried lawyer jobs at less than minimum wage and overflowing with applicants.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

JT Jag posted:

He's asking how exactly do you go about selling programs like EBT to lawmakers, who first and foremost care about doing things they can put on campaign ads.
"Hmm, what looks good on a campaign ad? Maybe me literally feeding the destitute, giving back to my community or even a smiling child with a full belly?.... nah"

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh man would this be hilarious. So many wives would be dead within a month.

Yes, hilarious.

E: I see your :ninja:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Also, I found it interesting that Miami is the location in FL instead of Key West which would've been my first guess.
Miami has gays and minorities.

Key West has Parrothead boomers who think drinking maragaritas while lounging on your boat and making sure there's never a whiff of progress so you can continue being a lovely 55-year old account manager wearing a Guy Harvey shirt and not think about how awful it must be not to be white, male and middle-aged.

:ms:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

greatn posted:

His answers in his confrontational interviews so far have been fairly politically savvy.
maddow_interview.flv

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CaptainCarrot posted:

He's had two high-profile interview tantrums. Claiming the media as one of Paul's strengths is flatly delusional.

That's why I offered my pithy response to the poster asserting Rand was anything but an empty suit with a brick of ramen painted black for a hairpiece.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

I'm going to guess... Walker.

Walker would never threaten a corporation. I'll say Cruz.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I read someone making a point about all the "Women can't lead our country! What if she gets on her period and nukes Russia?" misogyny by pointing out that during menstruation, women's hormones are at their closest to the typical male levels. As such, using their logic, post-menopausal women like Hilary Clinton are the only people suitable to govern the United States.

That was Greg Giraldo's bit, and it's amazing. :rip:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hilary's 404 page is pretty great:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Stereotype posted:

I like how quickly forget how mind bogglingly terrible the Bush presidency was, and how much worse it could have been if they had done everything they wanted

:agreed: He was going to end Social Security, for chrissakes!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

Everyone was worried that Tom Wheeler's history would make him side with cable companies and telcos, but it looks like it left a bad taste in his mouth.

JT Jag posted:

Maybe leaving a dingo as your babysitter isn't that bad if the dingo hates other dingos more than he loves eating babies

Reminder that Tom Wheeler ran a mom-and-pop dial-up ISP that AOL crowded out and used its regulatory capture to kill in the 80s. Wheeler is just paying providers back with interest. :legion:

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 23, 2015

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

I didn't realize that Daesh was now able to project outside of Iraq after having toppled the Iraqi government, which last I checked had less naval power than the US.

Literally every other country combined has less Naval power than the US.

My favorite semi-'Murrca fact is that the largest air force in the world is the USAF (big surprise), but the second-largest air force is the US Navy.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Published: December 7th, 2013

:stare:

Nothing will ever change or improve.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

Why doesn't DNC hire him to write their platform? He says things that are true
asked and answered

power doesn't like people who speak truth to power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I posted that Rumsfeld quote and Tim Wise shared it on FB. I feel so happy!

• Locked thread