Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

T-Square posted:

YESSSS raging rear end in a top hat Service Manager that nobody likes and everyone has to walk on eggshells around didn't show up for work today, and sent a mass text to all of the service advisors that he's "resigned."

There was literally one thing that I did not like about my job, and it was him. Fortunately he wasn't actually my boss, but I still had to work with him at times, and usually it went along the lines of "Get the gently caress out of my office, can I not get some God-drat work done." No, you can't, because you're lovely at your job and you don't know what the poo poo you're doing anyhow. Just this past Friday, a customer came up to me and politely asked to speak with the Service Manager. I went to go find him and said "Hey La-" and was cut off with a pissed off head shake at me and "Nope, not now, go away." "Yeah, well a customer specifically asked to speak with you." Then I got bitched at like the problem was completely my fault, so I just said gently caress him, and told her to go on in.

Such a huge relief.

Some gently caress went and grovelled to him and he loving came back. I love my job, but I've been with this company before in a different position for several years, and I still wonder what the gently caress these people are thinking. This is a service manager who SCREAMS at his employees in the middle of the service drive while multiple customers are literally standing right loving there, screams and THROWS poo poo in his office (which is a fish-bowl, customers can also see him in there), and according to all of the Service Writers is just plain lovely at his job and doesn't know what he's doing.

On top of all of that, he was once fired from the very same position he currently holds for being lovely at his job, and then they hired him back. So he doesn't show up Monday without notice, leaves a loving note to the owner of the dealership that he's had enough of this poo poo, and now he's loving back again. Talking with the Service Writers, I asked them why the gently caress no one told the General Manager that they loving hated him, he was terrible, literally everyone is ecstatic that he's gone, etc. Turns out they ALL said that to the GM in some way shape or form, but NOPE GOTTA HAVE DUMB SHITBIRD BACK ASAP

TL;DR :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hey Nittospazzz I just won a bid war on a Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals, and they should be here next week. That's five of us with wheels and we're planning on playing Assetto Corsa and iRacing. Pretty sure I remember you mentioned you have a G27? You down?

Also, Grom chat: my dad has two of them. They rule so hard.

Edit: Durr, didn't see your previous post. Get that poo poo set up! Also anyone else who wants to race is welcome to join.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 2, 2015

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Cage posted:

I have iracing too if you guys are just starting with the cars/tracks that came with the game.

I'll definitely make a post in here once I get everything set up/put together and reactivate my iRacing account.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

I might tack something together as a temporary solution and just see how hot my laptop can get before it starts throttling. Planning on picking up iRacing, Assetto Corsa and now Dirt3:argh:

Grom chat: they are fun, we 'raced' them around a track and it was the stupidest best fun I've had at the track in a while.

Haha, my dad and I took both Groms to a track day at USAIR in Shawano last summer, stock tires and suspension got sketchy really quick. Can't say I've ever out-ridden a bikes capabilities before. I almost highsided one of them coming out of a low-speed corner. Put a dent in the new M4 exhaust with my heel when it tried bucking me off :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My night will be :420:+Furious 7. Awe yiss

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Fanatec wheel is supposed to get here tomorrow, can't waaaiittt

T-Square
May 14, 2009

T-Square posted:

Fanatec wheel is supposed to get here tomorrow, can't waaaiittt

Just kidding, it got here today, guys let's play race cars!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Taco Box posted:

Kina E/N here, but I feel really off the last few days. Hours at work are short and I'm on a different machine doing e-beam welding instead of CMM. It's interesting work but it's not what I want to do with my life. I finished up all these projects over my 4 day weekend and I just feel such ennui about everything. I feel this longing and nostalgia and I have no idea what for. One phrase keeps coming into my head "I want to just go home". I am home. My wife is here, my cats are here, my whole life is here and just want to go home. I have no idea WTF is going on with me. I have been running more just to keep the depression at bay. I had really severe depression diagnosed about a decade ago, but I couldn't afford to keep going to therapy and pay for the meds (Wellbutrin) and I had to quit cold turkey. I found that the only thing that brings me up is exercise, and booze. I've had a pretty bad five year bout with alcoholism. I get hangovers within an hour of having a drink now, and I have no money for booze anymore. I spent my last nickel on parts for the miata's top and now I am so tapped out I have no idea how I'm gonna pay the bills this month. I guess I have to sell some bicycles again :smith:

I...think I know this feeling. The "I want to go home" part, can't speak for the depression, I've only ever really had to deal with anxiety. Find something new to take up your time, or find a new direction to go in. Hang in there you delicious box of tacos!

Also, my feelings on racing sims so far: iRacing>Assetto Corsa. Mainly because I can see the loving track in iRacing, whereas in AC everything is so loving washed out in "sun reflections" all I see is big white areas in some corners with a vague rumble strip somewhere in the middle. Although I do love the way AC handles once I got used to the touchy braking, and the cars snarl and crackle and pop, like race cars should. I do hope it becomes more race-y soon though, because about all it's good for right now is hot lapping. And blowing that sun-blinded corner

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blew the rear hard-line on the brakes on the F150 this morning going to work. Made it there and back, and crawled under it when I got home. I don't know how the gently caress I'm supposed to replace these, holy loving rust. :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Good lord, people are flipping the gently caress out because Dodge is sponsoring Roadkill now and somehow that episode was complete poo poo? I mean seriously, they're totally hinting at putting a Hellcat motor in the General Mayhem. I NEED to see that, and it won't happen without Dodge.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

God damnit, someone in the Post Your Recent Purchases thread bought a KTM 690 SMC R.

I want a KTM 690 SMC R. :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

All of you complaining about SO's putting on weight are making me feel bad about totally digging chubby chicks :v:

88h88 posted:

Same here.

Ha, I saw you reply to that guy's post in the thread, that's why I posted in here.

Finally got the rear brake lines squared away on the F150 today after loving around all morning and afternoon with it. Advance auto has pre-cut lengths of brake line that are already flared and have the fittings on them, but I didn't realize that the shorter hard-line I got has slightly different fittings than the longer line. They have a space at the end of the fitting which makes it ever so slightly too long to thread into the wheel cylinder or junction block. Went back and all of the shorter lines had the same fitting. What the gently caress, Advance. The first longer line I got was waaayy too long because I'm a dummy, so I kept it and hacked off the end and stole the fittings from it and threw them on the shorter line and re-flared it. Only to find out that on the driver's side of the junction block, the fitting is bigger than all of the other ones. What the gently caress, Ford. So I had to hack up another line and re-use the old fitting and finally got it right on the third line.

Aaaand now I have to bleed the system and I am loving terrified to even look at these bleeder screws the wrong way.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Chubby girls own though.

:v:

Seriously, something about a healthy chick with a nice rear end and some large tits, you can't beat it.

Pretty sure every time I post about something, you always chime in about how you too like that thing. I think you're my new AI bestie :3:

Leica, you're pretty alright too :v:

Edit: SaC, I have no problem with you, but this:

meatpimp posted:

I wish I could text that to those people you splashed.

Made me laugh pretty good.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 12, 2015

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My dad got a big rear end box full of lovely old Hell's Angels/car racing/knock-off Easy Rider type DVDs and VHS tapes from an old friend of his brother, and he let me pick through them.

"Meh."
"Lame."
"Oh, Jackass 2, neat"
"Ha, what, Gary Busey?"
"Eh."
"Holy gently caress, Grand Prix!"

I'd always heard you guys raving about this and have never been able to find it, nor had I ever seen it so I was pretty pumped to score a two-disc DVD set with special features and poo poo. Had a bit of Woodford Reserve and watched up until the "Intermission." My inner hardcore Formula 1 nerd is quite pleased at the moment.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Glad I started a two page derail on how rad fat chicks are :v:

Cat Terrist posted:

Most of us even know how to take one off from said woman.

I'm so bad at this. Probably because most of the chicks I'm with are thick as hell and have like 4 or 5 clasps on the back of their bras.

Successfully got day-drunk with half of the dealership employees I work with today at the Brewers game. My boss was loving hammered and made an rear end of herself, it was great. I literally did not watch one minute of the ball game.

Also: wearing a BMW Motorsport sweatshirt to a Toyota dealership work-function :smug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

The worst is when you get a couple unclipped, and they somehow hook back in to the other ones and it ends up in a mess.

Holy poo poo, someone knows my pain. It's so bad when all you want to do is get down to business and they give that look like "Dude, stop, let me take it off :rolleyes:"

T-Square
May 14, 2009

You'd think Wisconsin would have a hockey team because it's so loving cold here all of the time, but we don't, so I don't watch hockey. The Admirals don't count. And neither do the Blackhawks, because Illinois sucks :colbert:

Stayed home sick yesterday and today. Haven't called in sick in like two years at least, and I feel lovely about it anyway. On the plus side, I managed to blow through the entire season of the new Daredevil show on Netflix. :drat:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So I just saw a Fisker Karma on my way home a few minutes ago, and I just realized: I haven't seen one of those, let alone heard the name Fisker, in at least a year or so. Did they just drop off the face of the earth? Did they get shoved out of the way by Tesla or something?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize they got their poo poo wrecked by flooding. That'd explain a lot.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Somewhere on page 35 someone posted that Netflix's Daredevil was "stupidly good". Gonna have to agree. It gets down right brutal at some points. Holy poo poo bald Vincent D'Onofrio slamming a dude's neck in a car door so many times it decapitates him. :stare:

His character is straight up menacing as gently caress in this show. :ohdear:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

STANCE

There used to be an arcade near us that had Stage 3 and we all had a bunch of different cards and we always battled each other in high-school. Place got closed down because it got super shady. For a while I used to carry my 86 save file card on me when going on adventures, because occasionally we'd find a pair of old forgotten machines in the corner of some attraction. Haven't seen any in a while though. I miss playing Initial D :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Phone posted:

Stage 8 is like a year and change old; it's also internet connected which is awesome. You could also have multiple cars on the same card, too. You got a free credit every day; so if you feed the machine once, you get one additional continue. They also have like online events where if you play during this time period, you get some cosmetic stuff for your avatar, or a unique aura, or you have a shot to buy a particular car, etc.

It had some really cool poo poo, like when you race the nerd in the EG hatch, you can only give it so much steering input to mimic what happened in the comic. There's an early challenge where Iketani rides with you and you need to freak him out and make him faint by drifting well.

What the poo poo, I thought it was only up to like Stage 4 or something, drat. That's pretty rad.

Fucknag posted:

A place near me had Stage 2, but personally I was always a Wangan Midnight Max Tune guy myself. Had like 6 cars fully tuned (hundreds of $ worth, possibly over a thousand), they got stolen when I left my car unlocked one night with my wallet inside. :doh:

Pretty sure they had this at either Six Flags or Cedar Point for a little bit, and I went there in middle school with my friend and my family. My family did roller coasters and let us hang out by ourselves, and we just ended up pumping money into this all loving day :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Made it 20 miles then GDCS. Came around a corner, accelerated and massive cloud of steam in the mirror. loving old cars.

2nd tow in less than 24 hours.

I saw your snap and immediately went "Noooooooo!" :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

God drat iRacing Rookie class :argh:

Was leading a perfect 15-lap MX-5 Cup race at Jefferson Circuit from like lap 3 onwards and pulled out a ~6 second gap from P2. Three laps to go, and shitdick in LAST place comes plowing out of the pitlane right into my line and sends me off track.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My super mega awesome boss that I love just told me she put in her notice this morning.

And it dropped to 35° and started snowing today, after consistent 65-70° weather.

If I didn't just sign a year lease, I'd be considering searching for new employment somewhere further south. :smith:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Is anyone playing The Long Dark at all? I just got loving screwed super early on after I had to start a new play-through <:mad:>

T-Square
May 14, 2009

MrChips posted:

I've played it some. Don't stay in one spot too long unless you're somewhere central, as the resources aren't enough to keep you alive for long. The ranger hut in the first map is a pretty decent spot for a permanent base. Don't fight wolves unless you need to, and unless you have a rifle you probably shouldn't fight them at all. That said, hunting and trapping is pretty much the best way to get food in the game; I haven't messed around with fishing so I have no idea about that.

Oh yeah; don't get complacent, because that will kill you.

This run I just had a bad hand from the start. Started in the middle of nowhere on the Mystery Lake map, and spent half a days hike getting to the Trapper's Homestead and got there after night had fell. No drat hunting rifle, but plenty of ammo. Slept, spent the next day hiking to the Forestery Lookout, looting on the way. Again, no loving hunting rifle. Looked around that area for a bunker, no luck, so I spent the night in one of the logging trailers with intentions to hit the Camp Lodge in the morning to get my poo poo organized and head over to the next map and continue searching for a rifle.

Stepped outside of the trailer next morning and immediately got jumped by a wolf who knocked me down to like 65% condition. Made my way to the railroad tracks towards the Camp Lodge and ran into another wolf. Flare #1 and #2 wouldn't scare him off bit he wasn't jumping me. Flare #3 made him run off and I got around him. Then there was ANOTHER wolf where the ravine opens up to the left towards the Camp Lodge. Wolf #2 came moseying back so I was trapped with a wolf on each way out with nothing but rock walls on either side. Wolf #3 ate me :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

This weekend I banged an ex and it wasn't weird, shot guns with the payroll lady at work and her husband and 8 year old son (he said my .22 was cool looking so I let him shoot it :kimchi:), and just about finished up fixing the water pump leak on my E30. Tossed a gallon of coolant in it, because that was all that I had on hand, but so far it isn't dribbling out of the bottom of the water pump like it was before. Refinished the valve cover, which is currently drying. Will probably throw that back on tonight or tomorrow, then it should be good to go after I replace the leaky oil pressure switch. :toot:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well you can borrow mine if you're near Milwaukee :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

SuperDucky posted:

Did you pick yours up from ebay? Some other specific retailer?

I ordered mine off of Bavarian Autosport, I think it's something like $30 or $35.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

The Decline randomly came up in my car playlist. I haven't heard that song for probably 10 years.

I still think punk is good. :colbert:

We play this poo poo at the bar all of the time, it makes people so mad because it's such a long song. And because 99% of the world hates punk with a passion. I've pretty much exclusively listened to punk and only punk since Sum 41 was the poo poo. (All Killer No Filler still owns).

Found the source of my oil leak on the E30 today after work. I thought it was the oil pressure switch and replaced it yesterday, and so when it was still leaking after I started it for the first time in ~4 months and it was still leaking, I realized it was the loving oil control valve whatever it is that's leaking. Wish I would have looked closer two days ago when I ordered a new hood roundel, because it's a simple fix but now I have to wait for parts that will get here just in time for me to be gone all weekend. I was hoping to drive it to work tomorrow or Thursday.

Guess I'll just pull the diff and throw in my LSD while I wait for one loving little seal. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'll be throwing Steam on it and have a few games on my wishlist for the next sale. Played LFS a bit years ago, likely reinstall that. Sound is a basic 3.1 setup for now but that's easily fixed.

Dang, I totally forgot about LFS, I'm going to have to re-install that. Have been putting in a decent amount of time in iRacing and finally got my rear end out of Rookie Class.

P.S., good luck to you and your crew at Brainerd this weekend! I'll be down at Autobahn Country Club for our first motorcycle race of the year with CCS. It's my first season as an Expert and now I have to run with the actual fast guys :ohdear: But I guess that means I'm officially a fast guy? :toot:

• Locked thread