Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Negromancer posted:

Does that make my dog one of those lowered motorcycles with a extended swing arm since I have a dachshund?

My dachshund is more like a 70s chopper. Long, low, old, reliably unreliable and drops fluid wherever he pleases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Day drinking like a boss. Wooo.

Stone Enjoy By 04/20/15 IPA. So loving delicious.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I burned myself out on IPA's but then I discovered black IPA's. I want them all. In my mouth. Forever.

Rye IPAs are also delicious.

Honestly I would probably just eat hops if I could. The bitterness is why I love it, but IPAs, when done right, also have delicious fruit and nut flavors. To me, at least. Almost like finding the flavors in a bottle of scotch, versus just thinking it tastes like gasoline.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
This loving lawnmower is killing me. It will start and run for a second off of starter fluid. Carb has been soaked in cleaner. New fuel lines. New pull cord. New spark plug. Plug isn't fouling, but it will NOT loving run.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fart Pipe posted:

Did you make sure to blast out the jet after taking it out of the cleaner? That is the classic symptom of a clogged jet. Also depending on the carb it might have a TINY hole near the bottom of the tube that goes to the jet that may be clogged. Like taking a piece of stranded wire to clean it out tiny.

Yeah, I've blasted poo poo through the jet and it comes out and coats my hands.

It's just a B&S 6hp, so the simplest poo poo ever. But somehow it's now harder to get running than a goddamn motorcycle.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So nervous. My wife is going to the Paul Mitchell school, and today is her test day for male cuts. Which means I'm the guinea pig.

Hopefully I don't end up having to bic my head. I trust her, but drat it I like my barber. I'll have to go in and buy some razor blades just so he doesn't think I died.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

treizebee posted:

If you want to win some love points, get a cut at your barber then act all disappointed at home and ask your wife to "fix" it.

That is goddamn genius.

Haircut went okay, not butchered so I'm happy.

That said the mower still won't run. Pulled the carb back apart, except the float bowl (because it won't loving come off) and ran wire through all the jets, sprayed cleaner through them, etc. Spray starter fluid, it turns over, goes through maybe four revolutions, then dies again.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fart Pipe posted:

Is the float bowl held on with a big fat bolt that screws into the tube that goes to the jet because that might also have holes in it that need to be cleaned out.

Yep, and it has a hole in the base and one on top. Cleaned those out and same. I'm really wondering if it's just not getting fuel into the bowl. I know the line flows, and I know the jets are clean. But the plug has nothing on it, and it never even tries to catch. Is there a trick to actually getting that bowl off without ruining it?

Edit: thinking about it, that almost has to be the issue. Removing that bolt never results in any fuel leaking out of it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Ahhh, first day back to work after four off. So now I work today, and then have knee surgery tomorrow. Not gonna lie, kind of worried about it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

Good advice that has all been tried and thus far not worked over the last few years. I've especially laid it on thick about being around a long time for our kid (and grandkids). I've tried that and bribery (trip back to Europe, new wardrobe, etc). Nothing works

Is this like a five or ten pound gain, or like gained 100lbs+?

Maybe she's happy with it, or just feels judged and like you don't support her. Not a judgement, just a thought.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, just had my last glass of water and snack before my fasting has to start for surgery. Just a simple knee surgery but I'm honestly loving nervous, mostly about the goddamn tube going down my throat.

Oh well, too late now. 1030 show and 1230 under the knife tomorrow :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Midniter posted:

We are all pulling for you. Get well!!!!!!!

Not as strong as gravity is :v:

Get well man.

IOC, that's what I was hoping. They said valium, milk of amnesia, and then the next thing I'll know is what the recovery room looks like. Off to surgery now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

I came out of anesthesia so slowly I couldn't tell you a drat thing about it. Honestly, they probably should've kept me longer for observation instead of sending me home with my very-pregnant wife.

Did you go all loopy? I want to ban my wife from seeing me until I'm recovered just so she can't gently caress with me

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, had my surgery at 1330, it's 1530 and I'm already on my way home. General anesthesia is loving awesome, and I'm having no side effects. Immediately wanted to eat and drink and I feel totally fine. Like I just had a bitchin nap.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elmnt80 posted:

It seems to be a 50/50 thing for me. Both times I've broken my right arm, its required surgery. First time I came out perfectly fine and scared the nurses since I hopped right on up. Next time it took me nearly 24 hours to recover from being put under. And oh god, the loving pain was unreal when I did. :v:

I got yelled at because I immediately tried to stand when the corpsman said I could change. And now my wife yells at me if I move.

Dammit I'm fine, despite the six inches of bandage on my knee. Or maybe that's the norcos talking.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'm bad at recovery. I hate crutches so I'm already limping around without them, less than 24hrs after surgery.

On the plus side, even without pain meds the pain is about the same or less than it was before surgery.

So, yay two weeks to recover.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fo3 posted:

I've never had a good one, ever. It's all stress, sad brains and drinking to forget. Has been for as long as I can remember.
Of course if I do nothing or try nothing, it's not so bad.

I'm sure you have man. Kids were born? Learned how to make goo come out? Got to drive a bitchin rotary?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Boats are awesome, but Jesus gently caress they're expensive. Even a goddamn jonboat costs entirely too much to keep going.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

fjelltorsk posted:

Good luck with your demons STR, i sincerely hope you get things sorted out and land on your feet. for some reason AI is the only place i really share and went. You guys are the only people i have told that this cancer poo poo scare me, and that i am afraid. This includes my S.O.

i will think positive thoughts for you, probably not worth much. if you where closer i would let you go hog wild (but not too hog wild) in my ridicilous medicine cabinet. these doctors keep prescribing me with all these fun drugs, and they only make me feel dizzy and fart.

Got a transfusion yesterday, and another today. i feel like a loving bull. This will probably last untill tomorrow morning when its time for some more nuking.

It is pretty amazing how this forum makes it easy to vent and open up.

Good luck with the nuking tomorrow. Maybe you'll become the hulk.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MrChips posted:

Been watching a baseball game for 7 hours now, please send help

E: is this what it's like watching cricket?

No, because cricket at least gets entertaining now and then.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Chubby girls = best girls.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Raluek posted:

lol.

For those seriously worried about spoilers, y'all know that the books exist, right?

Isn't this the season that strays way apart from how poo poo happens in the books, because GRRM is a lazy fucktard?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

Pretty sure that lazy gently caress is never going to finish the series now, as he's gotten all the money from HBO so he's not hungry enough to bother with working.

I refuse to believe grrm isn't hungry

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

T-Square posted:

Glad I started a two page derail on how rad fat chicks are :v:

I'm so bad at this. Probably because most of the chicks I'm with are thick as hell and have like 4 or 5 clasps on the back of their bras.

The worst is when you get a couple unclipped, and they somehow hook back in to the other ones and it ends up in a mess.

Also, CT, so glad you brought up Pratchett. Since my surgery I've re-read like six of his books. Still one of my favorite authors, even if the books are childish or whatever there's a LOT of depth to them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The Wal-Mart where I grew up had great mechanics.

Because once they opened, almost all of the mom and pops had to shut down :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MustardFacial posted:

:(

I will consider this.

on a sidenote, Nissan didn't actually sell that GT-R engined Juke thing did they? I think I read somewhere it was just an engineering project.

For what it's worth, my wife loves her Escape. 2.0 with tow package. Until we got to California it averaged 30mpg, and did 23-25 with a ~3.5k trailer behind it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

El Jebus posted:

Where at, because it should be about 85 here in the desert.

Yeah, these temp swings are pissing me off. My house goes from freezing to hot as balls.

Edit: so my 10lb dog ate a bag of mixed chocolate candy a couple days ago. He just poo poo in the floor and there was literally a turd in a snickers wrapper.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 15, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

El Jebus posted:

Cool, but still a ways from me. If you ever make it out to Palm Springs I'll buy you a beer.

It is starting to not cool off at night here, meaning the months of 100+ are just around the corner...

It's dropping less, but still into the mid 50s here in Temecula.

I'm gonna be out your way next week I think. If my knee can stand it, I'm gonna ride out to PS and try to find that aviation museum I keep hearing about.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cakefool posted:

Ever had a bad back?

I'll post you my dog. You can feed it to your puppy.

E:

The dog asleep upside down on my legs seems to have quickly convinced her I'm not a Disney villain.

I'll still post you the dog.

My dog literally caused me to tear my acl a year ago, which I just had surgery for.

Still didn't kick him. Although I wanted to earlier when he poo poo out a pre wrapped turd. But I didn't.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

go3 posted:

Dogs are garbage but still don't kick them

I want to kick you for that wrong opinion, tbh

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pham Nuwen posted:

drat, Half Price Books kicks rear end... I ended up buying two huge photobooks (A Day in the Life of the Soviet Union, and one of old photos from the Library of Congress) and a bunch of Laserdiscs including:

• Conan the Barbarian
  • Braveheart
  • E.T.
  • MacArthur

Total price was $28. Why am I not there every weekend, it's only a 15 minute drive...

Goodwill by me got a load of like fifty laserdiscs last week,all 80s and 90s action flicks for $1 each. I should have gotten them :(

Also, playoff hockey starts tonight! gently caress you, liver. And Nashville fans.

Edit: who am I kidding no one is a fan of Nashville

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

I'm going to miss most of the first round Wild games because of work. :sigh:

Well dubnyk is going to turn back into a pumpkin soon, so hopefully you get to see them in the playoffs at least one game :v:

Edit: hockey is the best sport there is

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 16, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

kastein posted:

team sports are for people who don't have enough broken cars in their lives

Or a garage with a tv. And beer fridge.

Okay so mostly I just watch tv and drink in the garage. Turn a power tool on every now and then so the wife stays out.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

It's a slow night at work so I'm watching the Blackhawks game online while I do my phone calls. I've got a soft spot for Toews because he played for UND.

Dude is fuckin dreamy, too. Also, fighting is a super loving small part of hockey these days. Not to mention it's constant action, end to end, and just awesome.

Plus mullets.

And el jebus: that would be awesome. Hopefully you remember :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

QuarkMartial posted:

Ha ha Wisconsin doesn't have a team yet Nashville does. Awesome.

The only real place to put one would be wayyyy to close to Chicago. It'll never happen

Plus Wisconsin sucks, so, you know. There's that too.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

Yeah. T-Square, you can join me on the Wild cheering squad. ;)

Sometimes I can't believe that North Dakota doesn't have a team because of the immense talent of their college hockey program, and then I remember that it's North Dakota.

Pretty sure there's a clause is the rule book about that. "Team location: State must have more residents than a stadium holds."

This Blackhawks game is loving killing me. So I'm drinking heavily and browsing CL as I watch.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

I agree that the ramming speed was over the top, but when you look at the laundry list of crimes that guy had just committed, and consider that he was not only carrying a high powered rifle, but firing it, I'm not sure this was any worse than just shooting him (he lived by the way, with only a couple days in the hospital), which is probably what would have ended up happening if they'd all gotten out of their cars and drawn down on him. If he'd pointed the gun anywhere remotely near the police at that point he'd probably be dead now, instead of in jail.

If he just waited till they were out of their cats and then ran he could've just gotten shot like they wanted him to.

Game finally done. Liver is gasping. Bed time. Also my neighbor has some fuscking bush that has flowers on it that smell like fish guts :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Took my dog to the vet, and then to petsmart to grab him a treat.

Little fucker decided to poo poo while he walked down an entire aisle.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Got a copy of Rick Wakeman - No Earthly Connection on vinyl at the thrift store earlier. God bless 70s prog rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

T-Square posted:

So I just saw a Fisker Karma on my way home a few minutes ago, and I just realized: I haven't seen one of those, let alone heard the name Fisker, in at least a year or so. Did they just drop off the face of the earth? Did they get shoved out of the way by Tesla or something?

I see two every day when I commute,and they're always together.

Didn't the flood and go bankrupt?

• Locked thread