Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Does she have a favorite soup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
How does she prep before a big stunt? A favorite meal that isnt easily barfed? Listen to heavy metal? Meditate? Or just review every detail and jump right into it?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Does she have a favorite soup?

see, this is the important stuff that I wouldn't have known to ask.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Apparently they are having a Live Arena Tour with original footage featuring Vin Diesel.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Adaptabullshit posted:

Apparently they are having a Live Arena Tour with original footage featuring Vin Diesel.

That's 76% as good as the real Vin Diesel!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lobok posted:

Is there a stunt she regretted doing? Like one that she survived (obviously) but was probably too dangerous to have attempted?

Dovetail that into a question or two about the Deadpool 2 accident, and if she would have attempted it after all the failed practice runs.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Dovetail that into a question or two about the Deadpool 2 accident, and if she would have attempted it after all the failed practice runs.

The interview came and went. The article should be online, but isn't, because I wrote for a small, free Canberra magazine and they just flatout forgot. Debbie Evans is loving awesome, though, and if you get a chance to meet her, definitely take it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lmao

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm just a passionate film critic*

*of movies in which I act

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Wut?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think it was Tolstoy who said something about unhappy families

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

What I got from that : The Vin/Rock beef is still a thing and will delay the next one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's gonna be like the James Bond series where there's gonna be some weird fork of films fighting over the legacy.

Los Bandoleros 2 vs. #F9, maybe

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Well this is getting pretty ugly

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmao tyrese

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zedd posted:

What I got from that : The Vin/Rock beef is still a thing and will delay the next one.

The last official statements were that The Rock was getting his own spinoff so he and Vin don't have to costar anymore. Looks like Tyrese is announcing which one he wants to be in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I will watch the one with Tyrese. Unless the one without Tyrese gets Taye Digg. Then I'll watch that one instead.

(I'll watch them all)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think the spinoff is delaying F9. 3 years between releases is a lot

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zedd posted:

Beef au Vin

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like that the cast of these movies are basically wine moms bitching at each other over Facebook.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I will watch the one with Tyrese. Unless the one without Tyrese gets Taye Digg. Then I'll watch that one instead.

(I'll watch them all)

Whatever happened to Taye Diggs?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

Whatever happened to Taye Diggs?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/THR/status/916078089339359233

#FAMILY

But seriously gently caress yeah bringing Lin back for F9

quote:

Chris Morgan, who has shepherded the script chores since 2006's Toyko Drift, is now writing the spinoff that will focus on Luke Hobbs, the Diplomatic Security Service agent played by Johnson, and Deckard Shaw, an assassin character who was one of the primary bad guys in the franchise before being redeemed and joining the motley crew of antiheroes that make up the roll call.

Meanwhile, sources say that one reason for Fast 9's push was to accommodate potential director scheduling. Sources also say Justin Lin may be lining up to return to the franchise and is the top man to helm the core entry of Fast 9.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
There's also rumors saying that Shane Black might be directing the Rock/Statham spinoff which just sounds incredible

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope the spinoff is just Rock and Statham staring at each in the eye from other across the room while they do ridiculous athletic feats

Or that this spinoff is a tie-in to The Expendables

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

GonSmithe posted:

There's also rumors saying that Shane Black might be directing the Rock/Statham spinoff which just sounds incredible

That would be cool and kinda makes sense. Aren't The Rock and Shane Black working on Sgt. Rock together?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Tyrese posted:

Diversity, love, multi ethnic worldwide multi generational, United Nations, One Race, Fast Family...... Until Dewayne showed up I guess this whole time he had a problem cause he wasn't the ONLY ONE on the movie poster........... I guess dreams do come true congratulations to @hhgarcia41 and @therock you guys are just amazing you really broke up the #FastFamily I tried to warn you guys... You thought I was hating...... I was simply fighting to keep the family together what makes us great is when you see us all TOGETHER we don't fly solo..... #MyLastPost today..... I got 3 years of venting on this clown - They offered but YOU didn't have to agree with a solo #HobbsMovie #OriginalFastFamily we salute you and stand on your shoulders #VinDiesel #PaulWalker #RobCohen #RomanTej were offered a spin off we TURNED IT DOWN!!!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:munch:

Time for the franchise to split in half, a giant bag of money to be delivered to everybody and Fast10 to be the last teamup.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 7, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well this will certainly ruin Tyrese's bid to play John Stewart in DC movies considering The Rock is also part of it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hmmm I always thought the rock was pretty cool. Guess not so much!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The original cast turned down a spinoff? Wouldnt that just be the first movie again?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

MarcusSA posted:

Hmmm I always thought the rock was pretty cool. Guess not so much!

I don't think accepting a spinoff film when he's the best character of that franchise now makes him a bad person. He understands that he's one of the main draws of the movies, and is capitalizing on it. Just because the others don't want to break up "the family" doesn't mean he needs to deal with that.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Well this will certainly ruin Tyrese's bid to play John Stewart in DC movies considering The Rock is also part of it.

Maybe it's too much Justice League growing up but I really can't see Tyrese as Stewart.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tyrese is still pissed about that big rear end forehead remark

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PJOmega posted:

Maybe it's too much Justice League growing up but I really can't see Tyrese as Stewart.

Now Taye Diggs, on the other hand

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GonSmithe posted:

I don't think accepting a spinoff film when he's the best character of that franchise now makes him a bad person. He understands that he's one of the main draws of the movies, and is capitalizing on it. Just because the others don't want to break up "the family" doesn't mean he needs to deal with that.

Either it is The Rock's franchise now and they should just deal or it isn't and the series will get along just fine without him. The series already had four movies without him and he was sidelined for most of 7.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

GonSmithe posted:

Honestly after Paul Walkers death its just not the same any more. Make a new family with the Rock and Jason Statham. The current crew is too bloated as it is and it would be nice to get some fresh faces.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The family definitely feels incredibly artificial at this point. Ramsay hanging around for no reason. The ones always closest to Brian still there even when he wasn't

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GonSmithe posted:

Oh, I don't know if I can agree with that. F8 was a real drag in some parts and the fact of the matter is that The Rock has never been that great as a leading man. He's solid as a side character and in bits and pieces, but as a "lead" it just becomes a drag. People are a lot more down on the series after that last outing and when they gently caress with the mythos around "family" having Statham, who killed a member of the family, now part of the family, it's absolute horseshite. Also way too much of a focus on fake hacking bullshit that it really dragged down the film. Maybe that's what Rock thinks, but I strongly doubt this spinoff pays off in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I absolutely love that the Fast Family and Sex and the City drama is happening at the same time, because it totally balances some bonkers-rear end Jack Kirby designed scale of the universe in some way.

• Locked thread