Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aw Paul:(

I thought they were actually going to kill him off in the movie as tasteless as that would be. I kept expecting Statham to pop up and stab him or something. Glad they resolved it the way they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wandle Cax posted:

No the ipod nano and ipod shuffle still exist.

Aren't they both basically lil iphones now?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

F&F3K. In the year 3018 crazy future robo humans resurrect Dominic and Hobbs and Ludacris and all the other guys when a gang of space pirates stake out the Milky Way shipping lanes. If it's not too tacky and we're all over it by then: Make a C3PO sort of character with a TV screen for a head that only communicates by playing Paul Walker clips from the previous films.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The MSJ posted:

Vin Diesel announced the dates for the next 3 movies. By the time the final movie rolls out, it would have been almost 20 years since the first one.

good thing theyre giving themselves that extra few days, gotta account for bloat

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snowman_McK posted:

Drifting one of these stupid loving things is the finale we all need. It would prove that culture, art, sophistication, democracy, all of that poo poo was worth it.

But that's just The Rock clearing the way so Vin Deisel can rip up behind in this nuclear powered mechanical Tremors monster:

And dig that tank a hole into the bad guy's Volcano fortress

ALSO the bad guy is the entire cast of The Expendables, minus any F&F cast of course.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

I will watch anything with Danny McBride in it, that dude is loving amazing.

McBRIDE - GOGGINS is all the tagline this show needs, don't even bother trying to come up with something clever

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol drat I was hoping for custom UNDER ARMOR prison orange

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want to see Dom drift Elon Musk's Hyperloop. the entire concrete superstructure, not the actual traincar

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ah poo poo the Hyperloop is a giant mech, and it has to fight the literal Wall of China ancient dragon transformer in the FF/TF crossover film

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anybody else disappointed he didn't tether his waist to the car door and deadlift + throw the torpedo? I was loving POSITIVE thats where the scene was going

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ravel posted:

The success of this franchise has been so bizarre. I wonder if any other franchise could replicate it.

Jurassic Park has a similar split of its leads across sequels, and could presumably have a fifth with Sam Neil, Goldblum, Pratt and anyone else still alive. Pirates of the Caribbean maybe?

I have no doubt there are schizophrenic cork board+string abominations in every studio office trying to do exactly this. But it's even more embarrassing to attempt(and fail) to replicate than the Marvel Formula so nobody even has the balls to speak of the Furious Formula publicly

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lobok posted:

Is there even a formula? The sequels didn't measure up until the fifth film so I'd love to hear a producer explain how they were going to copy the F&F formula, but only the good parts.

No, but there's no Marvel Formula either, they're just making big flashy movies starring fun loving quippy people doing cool things people want to see and executives respond with "yo we own the rights to frankenstein and the wolf man what if THEY did a team up movie too?? people LOVE team up movies these days!"

the secret ingredient is the "...things people want to see." part but all they have are garbage properties they dont know what to do with. I'm sure this was always the case but it seems super egregious lately. fuckin blade runner sequel 30 years later lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lobok posted:

Is there a stunt she regretted doing? Like one that she survived (obviously) but was probably too dangerous to have attempted?

Dovetail that into a question or two about the Deadpool 2 accident, and if she would have attempted it after all the failed practice runs.

• Locked thread