Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I couldn't really tell what parts are faux-Paul, of course I was busy enjoying it on a first watching.

For a series that does balls out insane sequences happening all the time it's funny to me that they don't commit the movie sin of having cars needlessly explode when they crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I couldn't either! It'd be fun if someone posted a list of all the scenes in which it's not really Paul so I could go "...how the hell did I miss that?", but really the answer is that I was having a blast watching it and they hid it well enough.
I'm sure the scene on the beach wasn't him, they didn't show his face a lot, and when they did it tracked past pretty quick. That was establishing for him leaving the series though, so that's obvious. Whatever they did it's about a million times better than fake-Arnold from Terminator: Salvation.

Also Kurt Russel is really showing his age. Maybe it's just because they stood him next to Vin Diesel but he looked small too, and not all that tough.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kush posted:

The scene where they are on the cargo plane after the mountain craziness. It's just Diesel and Walker, I think Walkers hair and stubble kept changing whenever they had to cut to him and his dialogue sounds really cut and paste. The scene where Dom's house blows up, you never see Walker in the same shot with them and it has this weird greenscreen feel to it. There were some shots where his eyes were kind of weird and some obvious digital gloss on his head. Minor things but you can see them if you look.
The house scene I was pretty sure of. I thought it was kind of dumb that he gets his face smashed into a car window and just brushes it off, even for this series. I'm sure the second child plot was tacked on to explain his future absence, so most things involving that are probably faked.

Truly the gold standard.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 3, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Adun posted:

I was surprisingly touched by the tribute to Paul Walker at the end.

I spent the entire movie waiting in suspense for him to die tragically and was pleasantly surprised to find that he never did.
They made it clear after Paul died that they wouldn't do that to his character.

I was kind of disappointed that the last film had Gina Carano turn on them, and subsequently die. Seemed like such a waste.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Han was killed during the credits for the last film, which he was in. I suppose it could be jarring for someone who hadn't seen the previous installment.

Kurt Russell doesn't die. Special forces medics come flying in on a helicopter.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I used to think this was something that people actually did thanks to the Dumb and Dumber cartoon. They did it in a tank.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Criminal Minded posted:

Nic Cage in a Fast and the Furious film is my new dream.
They can tie it into his Gone in 60 Seconds remake. :getin:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cole posted:

Has to steal Dom's charger or something
Twist: It's the real Nicolas Cage and he needs the money to get out of debt.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dwayne Johnson as Van Helsing would be awesome. Just make his character a mix of the Anthony Hopkins version and himself. Maybe have him speak with a Dutch accent, but don't hire him a coach and just tell him to wing it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Modus Operandi posted:

He knows muay thai with no ground game and limited high level experience in competition. He's not Buakaw for god's sakes he's more of a stunt man. He'd be screwed against a black belt BJJ guy same as any other average person with no grappling.
I'm pretty sure that was just a joke about him being dead.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

I can't even believe I have to say this
You're agreeing with the guy who had GIP's "Let's Talk About Idiots" thread renamed after him. Sorry Cole, but if you had sex with Iggy Azalea you'd probably get tetanus.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know what DK stands for?
Them's the books will all the pictures I love so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

The sad thing is if they ever make an "Ultimate Visual Dictionary" of the Fast movies not unlike what they do with Star Wars or Star Trek, I'd consider getting it.
Nothing sad about it. Books are cool :colbert:

• Locked thread