Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I liked loop hero a lot when I played it on PC but it felt like I was just starting to get into it when it ended. to me it felt like it should've had a bunch more tile types and synergies to discover, and more effective strategies to work with. maybe it was just me really hoping to spend a lot more time with the game though (even after fighting the optional bosses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah it's definitely not a super deep game, I enjoyed it back when it came out but didn't go nuts with it so I think there's a lot I haven't seen yet.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Loop Hero is definitely a decisive one, its not quite and idle game and not quite an autobattler. It's fun but I won't play it for 10 hours at a time. Having it on mobile is perfect for that.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

What can I play on my phone that's a horrible grindfest with big numbers like Disgaea that a. doesn't have quite as much Anime as Disgaea and b. isn't one of the official Disgaea releases that's like 30 bucks? I kind of want something grindy and long-form to kill time with lately, ideally with Big Numbers. (I've played a fair amount of Siralim Ultimate on PC/Android - something like that would work nicely)

I'm looking for this too, with the added requirement of "no daily engagement mechanisms"; I want to play purely on my own schedule without FOMO. I haven't played Siralim though so I'll check that out.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

death cob for cutie posted:

What can I play on my phone that's a horrible grindfest with big numbers like Disgaea that a. doesn't have quite as much Anime as Disgaea and b. isn't one of the official Disgaea releases that's like 30 bucks? I kind of want something grindy and long-form to kill time with lately, ideally with Big Numbers. (I've played a fair amount of Siralim Ultimate on PC/Android - something like that would work nicely)

Dungeon Maker

unfortunately it doesn't hit your no anime requirement but it's got so much to do in a run and as you go you unlock more number boosts and can inherit things between runs, level up your anime girl etc.

their older game Dungeon Defenders is also still good and doesn't have the anime theme as much

I will say Dungeon Maker has a login bonus for 28 days but mostly to boost you along in unlocking stuff from the decks

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 30, 2024

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Heads up for anyone playing Loop Hero, there is a time control on the top of the UI where you can set the game to run at 4x speed. It's not super apparent since the UI is cramped on mobile, but I has forgotten about it until I was picking around the screen a bit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

victorious posted:

Got you. Anyone else waiting? There are a couple on the list but I don't recognise the names.

My wife just applied as Awesome Amy.

Silius
Apr 24, 2010
Advance wars like Warbits+ is out for $4.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riskylab.warbitsplus

My Risky ID is Silius if you want to add me!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Silius posted:

Advance wars like Warbits+ is out for $4.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riskylab.warbitsplus

My Risky ID is Silius if you want to add me!

Portrait! Sold!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kheldarn posted:

My wife just applied as Awesome Amy.

Just saw this and added her. I'm still dabbling in Royal Match, but hitting walls where I get one level after another where I need to build up to "coins == 35 extra moves" to stand a chance without insane drop pity.

I tried out Loop Hero on my phone and... it's really a tablet kind of game, I think. I feel like I need my reading glasses to work out what's going on on my Pixel screen. It hasn't grabbed me yet either way, but it's not unappealing.

Magic Research, I've reached the end of the tournament, and the final boss waxed me so badly that it'll be a while before I try again.

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

delfin posted:

Just saw this and added her. I'm still dabbling in Royal Match, but hitting walls where I get one level after another where I need to build up to "coins == 35 extra moves" to stand a chance without insane drop pity.

If it helps the insane drop pity is absolutely part of the game.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

delfin posted:

I tried out Loop Hero on my phone and... it's really a tablet kind of game, I think. I feel like I need my reading glasses to work out what's going on on my Pixel screen. It hasn't grabbed me yet either way, but it's not unappealing.

Magic Research, I've reached the end of the tournament, and the final boss waxed me so badly that it'll be a while before I try again.

Husband and I have been playing a shitton of Royal Match and our pubby guild is slacking. Gonna jump over to the goon guild together.

We're Crim (me) and silvergoose (him).

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Husband and I have been playing a shitton of Royal Match and our pubby guild is slacking. Gonna jump over to the goon guild together.

We're Crim (me) and silvergoose (him).

Same as DontMindMe

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I also joined Royal Match as Seravadon. No idea how long it will hold my attention.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I also joined Royal Match as Seravadon. No idea how long it will hold my attention.

You're in!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well I certainly didn't expect to enjoy it but royal match is pretty good. I also sent an invite to the team, same name as here.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I've had to stop Royal Match. It feels like I can't just play it when I want to, and may get trapped into playing it longer than I want to thanks to 2x boosts and timers in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Wuthering Waves, a gacha that has been hyped just got released.

Edit: Jesus 7.3gb download after installing

Edit2: and servers don't open until May 23

Rapner fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 21, 2024