Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Is anyone stupid enough to still play Marvel Puzzle Quest? I decided that I hate myself and started playing it again once I figured out that my account information was saved via Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

What's good lately? The Magic: the Gathering Puzzle Quest game runs like poo poo on my phone and the individual matches take way too long to really be enjoyable/poop breakable, that was the last one I tried to enjoy.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

I'm going to create pay-2-win: the game.

All it will be is an online scoreboard that ranks you depending on the amount of IAP you buy.

I'll be a millionaire by Tuesday.

IIRC this was actually done in the early days of the iTunes App Store by... someone involved with Cheapass Games, I wanna say. Literally, you bought leaderboard rank. It got pulled pretty quickly.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

What's everyone's favorite gacha game right now? Age of Magic?

I'm still playing Marvel Puzzle Quest of all things, I'm finally at a point where I'm progressing fairly quickly and don't feel hampered by roster space anymore and it's only taken like four years!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

so Buriedbourne is pretty dense, but not completely inpenetrable... except for the loving colored dots. What are the loving colored dots?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ZombieApostate posted:

Tap them and they'll tell you.

Okay, I assumed I was tapping the icon to get that info and the colored dot was something different

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Is there a good sudoku app that'll do more than just 9x9/3x3 square puzzles? I like.ones that vary the cell shapes/do bigger puzzles, but I kind of don't want to try every last app in the store that appears when I search "sudoku"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I wanted to like Random Dice but I couldn't - there's a lot going on and it's not super-well explained

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Isn't the steam controller basically made to pay games that don't have controller functionality? I dunno how much they are but maybe check that out.

The Steam Controller was definitely being sold as good for playing Civ V or whatever on the couch, I wouldn't use it as an Android controller.

Also they had bad QC with the shoulder buttons, got firesaled two years ago and are becoming harder and harder to come by at a reasonable price.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Since there's no Buriedbornes thread - I remembered Buriedbornes existed last night while nursing a nosebleed, and I still can't figure out what Proficiency is. The description says "Whenever your "Skill Boost" activates, increase the number of times your skill activates by 1." - Skill Boost is the item ability that repeats your skills, right? So Proficiency does nothing without having Skill Boost?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

people actually play the games that pop up in those ads? :cripes:

the only game I've ever actually played off an ad was Beatstar, a compentent if not money-grabby mobile rhythm game

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I thought with Luck be a Landlord, on the PC version at least, you could unlock an endless mode once you played enough?

That game got its hooks into me extremely bad for one day, and then I completely fell off it. It's great for me when I'm sick though - a few months ago I was so tired and foggy with the flu or something that I could barely focus even on watching TV, so I played Luck be a Landlord while sipping Dayquil.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Splinter posted:

If you guys are trying to match things...Flipon (Tetris Attack / Puzzle League clone-ish)

why do these Walmart Great Value Brand Puyos have thousand-yard stares

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm loving the extra ability to know what the gently caress is going in in Buriedbornes 2 without having to consult a wiki, and still enjoying the fact that sometimes a battle starts and immediately my character goes loving berserk and the game alternates turns as fast as possible

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Buriedbornes 2 chat - in the previous game, I was used to looking to get duplicates of a skill to merge them and increase their rank. That system is Gone, right? If I want anything more than like, +2/+3 I'm really going to need to optimize the various tools I have to boost skill level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

What can I play on my phone that's a horrible grindfest with big numbers like Disgaea that a. doesn't have quite as much Anime as Disgaea and b. isn't one of the official Disgaea releases that's like 30 bucks? I kind of want something grindy and long-form to kill time with lately, ideally with Big Numbers. (I've played a fair amount of Siralim Ultimate on PC/Android - something like that would work nicely)