Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Chrono Trigger has now been updated to work on Lollipop. Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

Has anyone tried Survive! Mola mola! yet? I saw it mentioned in a webcomic, and I'm curious.

It's my favorite time waster phone game ever. The gameplay is just tapping on the screen until something happens, but it's just so incredibly charming and cute and Engrishy. And hosed up, what with the constant dying used as a gameplay progression mechanic and all.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Nyaa posted:

M&M Crash of Heroes is a pretty good turn base puzzle match 3 game.

It's a great game, but it also still hasn't been updated to work with Lollipop, which is garbage because I have a save over halfway through that I can't continue just sitting there taunting me.

e: GODDAMN the game works just fine I'm an idiot, just had to reinstall it. It crashed on startup exactly like games that didn't run on Lollipop until they were patched so I just automatically assumed it's the same thing.

e2: welp it ran once and then starts crashing again just like before. Clearing data makes it run and download the data again. After exiting it starts crashing again. gently caress you, data.

Veib fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 4, 2015

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Coldbird posted:

Wish I'd known about these new levels when they were available as a paid charity thing, I would have bought them then.

That was only on iOS, this is the first time they've been available on Android.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

Do any of those work on Lollipop yet?

Final Fantasy 1-6 and Secret of Mana all work, don't know about Tactics or any Dragon Quest games beyond 1 which does work.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

Really? FF6 description claims it still doesn't support Art.

I played it from start to finish on a Nexus 5 running 5.1 (or maybe even 5.1.1 by that point, I'm not sure) a few months ago. They don't appear to update the descriptions very often, Chrono Trigger said it was updated to work on "the latest version of Android" for like six months after it stopped working on Lollipop (it has since been patched and now works as well).

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The sad thing about Puzzle Quest is that while the original is really loving good and one of my favorite games ever, it's also the only good Puzzle Quest.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Azhais posted:

If it's like hitman go it's to buy hints

There's also a costume pack for like $3. Nothing related to playable content costs extra, the new levels added post-launch are free. It's a great game.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

God drat it. Do they ever have sales? I'd probably pay :10bux: for this game, but 25 is a bit too much.

Yeah they do, Dragon Quest games are 30-40% off right now because of the 30th anniversary, and they've had games for at least 50% off during Christmas sales in the past. I have a bunch of Square-Enix Android games and I haven't bought any of them at full price.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

work the balls Sally posted:

Is the Chrono Trigger port any good?

I had some problems with the battle UI where every now and then I would get "attack" (touch) instead of the "change target" (swipe) I was going for, but other than that I thought it was fine. It's a port of the DS version so it has all the garbage extra endgame stuff you probably shouldn't do.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

work the balls Sally posted:

I'm just hesitant cause there are so many 1 star reviews.

I'd assume at least some of those are from the times new Android versions broke all their games and it took Square loving forever to patch them.

e: IIRC it was specifically the switch to ART in Android 5.0 that broke all their poo poo. AFAIK all the classic games work fine these days, but games like Chaos Rings and its sequels were never patched and apparently have now been pulled from the store this summer, except for Chaos Rings III, so I'd assume that one works then.

Veib fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 2, 2016

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

A port of Jade Empire is out now on the Play Store. I loved the game on Xbox so I'm pretty excited for this.

It's just not the same without the PC special edition steelbook case that says "Jade Emipre" on the spine in a fancy font.

Veib fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 15, 2016

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Titan Quest was released on Android earlier this year, but I have no idea about the quality of the port.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Anyone play A Normal Lost Phone? It's a text-heavy narrative puzzle game about finding a phone where the UI is a fake smartphone. You go through all their poo poo to find out what's happened to the phone's owner, and the actual gameplay is just using this fake phone like you'd use a real one. It's pretty short, like two-three hours or so depending on how stuck you get I guess, I just beat it in one sitting and it's really really loving good. I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone who's into clever narrative games about people and their lives.

There's one game specifically it reminded me of a lot of but I feel even saying what would be a thematic spoiler, I went in completely blind and got caught by surprise in couple of spots that are somewhat related to that. So I'm just gonna spoil that right here just in case, the game I'm thinking of is Gone Home, both in the way you uncover what's happened by finding bits and pieces of information that then open up new info, as well as the LGBT themes present.

Anyway it's only $3/3€/£2 and well worth the price IMO.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accidentalqueens.anormallostphone

It's also on PC for the same price but I don't see any reason to play it there.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I played this when it came out and thought it was absolutely fantastic, it's a steal at that price.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

By... Square-Enix? And they've apparently owned Taito for over a decade? What the hell man I had no idea.

Also looking this up I learned that Taito was the first company to distill and sell vodka in Japan (because it was founded by a Russian businessman).

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

datajosh posted:

Man, this Magikarp Jump reminds me of Survive! Mola mola! in a lot of ways.

Edit: holy poo poo the same developer designed it, that explains things

Okay you just sold me on the game with this information, Mola mola! was hilarious.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

A friend of mine was a tester on the South Park game so if it sucks I can relay all your hatemail to him personally, because obviously it's all his fault and his alone.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Sega just released a bunch of classic games on mobile.

http://forever.sega.com/games

quote:

SEGA® Forever™ is a free and growing classic games collection of nearly every SEGA game ever released from every console era – Master System, Genesis/Mega Drive, Dreamcast, and more.

Goddamn, if they'll actually keep on doing this and not give up after a couple of months that's pretty loving cool.

(Panzer Dragoon Saga on your phone :unsmigghh:)

e: Like seriously this makes me think of Xbox 360 Game Room and how cool and great it was going to be and then nothing happened and it just died. I still want my Sunset Riders, dammit.

Veib fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 21, 2017

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Also in a true Chrono Trigger fashion Another Eden is not out in Europe. If this ends up being another Terra Battle situation and it never shows up over here I will be very mad, so very mad at video games.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Roid666 posted:

I grabbed it from Qooop(?) and it installed and ran fine for me, also in euroland (not sure how much longer with Brexit :P)

Well I got it from APKPure at first and it failed to connect, but I tried QooApp just now and it does work. Thanks!

e: They do appear to be the same version and all so gently caress if I know what happened there.

Veib fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 29, 2019

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Oh hey they finally released Another Eden in Europe a month ago, that's cool.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Kharmakazy posted:

Any srpgs on Android, like actual srpgs? Searching just gets a lot of pay to win mobile games

LibrarianCroaker posted:

FFT and questionable quality game Spectral Souls are the only ones that come to mind that are a single purchase.

Shining Force Classics contains Shining Force I & II and the dungeon crawler Shining in the Darkness, all originally Genesis/Mega Drive games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I know that, but I've played the orginal NES Castlevania games and they aren't really what I'd call Metroidvanias, so I was saying it'd be nice to try the og.

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest on the NES is clearly a metroidvania. It just sucks rear end.