Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Any srpgs on Android, like actual srpgs? Searching just gets a lot of pay to win mobile games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blackchamber posted:

I think your phone is going to be a factor in that equation.

Pixel 2 XL.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I just read a review of a game that had a reply posted the day before the review it was replying to. I know timezones can be hard (lol, not really) but having replies in the play store happen before the review is pretty funny.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Montalvo posted:

Pixel 2 XL.

I have the same, and it'll run fine... if you can get it to run. Every time I load it up it will sign into google play games... and freeze. I have to force close it and re-run it to get it to work and if that fails I'll tab out of it and back and that usually does the trick.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blackchamber posted:

I have the same, and it'll run fine... if you can get it to run. Every time I load it up it will sign into google play games... and freeze. I have to force close it and re-run it to get it to work and if that fails I'll tab out of it and back and that usually does the trick.

Huh -- I've actually had this happen with several games recently. I usually have to swipe back a few times and re run the game.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

Any srpgs on Android, like actual srpgs? Searching just gets a lot of pay to win mobile games

FFT and questionable quality game Spectral Souls are the only ones that come to mind that are a single purchase.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Kharmakazy posted:

LibrarianCroaker posted:

FFT and questionable quality game Spectral Souls are the only ones that come to mind that are a single purchase.

Shining Force Classics contains Shining Force I & II and the dungeon crawler Shining in the Darkness, all originally Genesis/Mega Drive games.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, thanks guys but I already beat all those repeatedly on their original consoles.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

Try Templar Battleforce. It's by the Trese Bros so it's a one time buy with quite a lot of depth.

There's Tactics Maiden which is a decent (albeit ugly) game

Chaos Reborn I haven't tried.

Then of course there's a psp emulator to get all of its great releases.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Inceltown posted:

I just read a review of a game that had a reply posted the day before the review it was replying to. I know timezones can be hard (lol, not really) but having replies in the play store happen before the review is pretty funny.

Time zones are hard, if you're not just using code other people have wrangled together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Thanks for the Black Desert recommendation, already put in like 5 hours since I installed it yesterday. Is there anything worth spending a couple bucks on? I hate how convoluted their shop is, but seems like you can play a fair bit without IAP.

One of the things I'm not digging is the lack of traditional classes (DPS, Heals, Tank), does that come later on or is this just not one of those? Any recommendations on that front?

Edit: vvvvvv been playing a poo poo ton of that game too. My favorite StS clone so far by far.

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 16, 2019

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man Rogue Adventure has been updating like is crazy. Each update has been pushing the game in a good direction. Basically every class except warrior has been reworked to be more interesting in the past month. A lot of enemies have be reworked as well. If you want a Slay the spire style game for your android, check out it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.sharklab.rogueadventure

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Shwqa posted:

Man Rogue Adventure has been updating like is crazy. Each update has been pushing the game in a good direction. Basically every class except warrior has been reworked to be more interesting in the past month. A lot of enemies have be reworked as well. If you want a Slay the spire style game for your android, check out it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.sharklab.rogueadventure

There's another sts clone called Endless Abyss that is a shameless rip with lots of meta progression tacked on.

Rogue adventure is mechanically different enough to be inspired by sts without being a direct rip like at least 3 other games on the play store. It's fun and good and has a lot of unique ideas.

Seriously I've played 3 games that are card-for-card clones of slay the spire. Ugh. Endless Abyss, dungeon tales, and wandering night, those are the ones that just cloned the game wholesale.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

Yeah, thanks guys but I already beat all those repeatedly on their original consoles.

Mercenary Saga 2 is a single buy, I think, and is an fft knockoff.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm old. I don't like deckbuilders. Screw your cards! Just give me people and items! :argh: :corsair:

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Kharmakazy posted:

Ticket to Earth is srpg adjacent and pay once. Whole game is finally out as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cage-free egghead posted:

Thanks for the Black Desert recommendation, already put in like 5 hours since I installed it yesterday. Is there anything worth spending a couple bucks on? I hate how convoluted their shop is, but seems like you can play a fair bit without IAP.

One of the things I'm not digging is the lack of traditional classes (DPS, Heals, Tank), does that come later on or is this just not one of those? Any recommendations on that front?

Edit: vvvvvv been playing a poo poo ton of that game too. My favorite StS clone so far by far.

There's no Holy Trinity though some moves can eventually help a party, like Valkyrie giving everyone a defense buff.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Mercenary Saga 2 is a single buy, I think, and is an fft knockoff.

This looks like it might be up my alley, and it's on 3ds too apparently

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Are there any RPGs out there for Android with a decent story and writing? I really enjoy the strategy / puzzle-based mechanics of things like Gems of War, but everything like that has an incredibly generic and dull plot.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Now that Eldar Scrolls is dead what are the good deck builders out there to satisfy my gambling, the lack of accounts in Teppen finally claimed me as a victim.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Now that Eldar Scrolls is dead what are the good deck builders out there to satisfy my gambling, the lack of accounts in Teppen finally claimed me as a victim.

Eternal's the best on Android, I think.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

You have auto parthing to quest objectives and you unlock auto battle after a few hours. You can't auto against bosses the first time you fight them though. But after you complete the first area you also unlock the ability to have the game gather resources or fish while you're logged out.

The auto battle is way better at the game than I am.

How’s bad are the microtransactions? Remembering the pc version I’m going to assume they took it up to 11. Also assuming the terrible enchanting/grinding is somehow even worse than pc?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Hy_C posted:

How’s bad are the microtransactions? Remembering the pc version I’m going to assume they took it up to 11. Also assuming the terrible enchanting/grinding is somehow even worse than pc?

I can't compare it to the PC version as I've never played it but it's pretty standard IAP fare. Tons and tons of different poo poo you can buy, packages ranging anywhere from $1 to $100. There's a premium-only currency (pearls) that some things are only available from. This may be yet another game I have no idea what to spend a few dollars on that won't just go to waste. Had the same problem with Crusaders of Light and Gems of War.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
AI Dungeon, a text adventure with responses to input generated by AI, is out on the Play Store. Someone with more initiative than me please put together a trip report tia

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

tentacles posted:

AI Dungeon, a text adventure with responses to input generated by AI, is out on the Play Store. Someone with more initiative than me please put together a trip report tia

I got attacked by a spider that I immediately killed, ate, and poo poo out. A+ DM I guess

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

tentacles posted:

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 19, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

so is this a roguelike ELIZA??

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I kicked some dude in the balls, and he screamed "you got me in the dick"

So I ripped his dick off and slapped him with it. He then asked for it back.

Game. Of. The. Year.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

tentacles posted:

This game is stupid af. Enjoyable only if you find chatbots to have scintillating conversation.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

It's far from perfect but I'm having a good time.

Edit

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Dec 19, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

regulargonzalez posted:

This game is stupid af. Enjoyable only if you find chatbots to have scintillating conversation.

I tried to summon Azathoth to destroy the world and it told me I didn't need him and the power was inside me I was just too lazy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went on a date with a random woman at a restaurant and wound up making out with the waitress in the kitchen. The next day the waitress and I got married. Her wedding vow to me was 'Thank you for taking my virginity'.

But yeah it is just Eliza but not constrained by trying to be realistic. Fun for a few minutes at least and it's free

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NewClear.NendoLand2017

Anybody tried out Tactics Land? It looks vaguely along the same lines as Fantasy War Tactics, which was goddamn fantastic until nexon sold it off.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is there anything on Android like Wilmot's Warehouse?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Anyone wanting to try Another Eden should make a beeline to beat Chapter 13 and recruit Joker and Mona from the Persona 5 event. They are both stupidly over-powered. As a default they both have the persona exploit weakness gimmick which makes farming real easy as an AOE will double attack even if only one enemy is weak to it.

The collab event has more effort put into it than any collab I've ever seen. It's a full on Persona story with a Palace and heart stealing and Phantom Thieves shenanigans.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I went on a date with a random woman at a restaurant and wound up making out with the waitress in the kitchen. The next day the waitress and I got married. Her wedding vow to me was 'Thank you for taking my virginity'.

But yeah it is just Eliza but not constrained by trying to be realistic. Fun for a few minutes at least and it's free

Every interaction with a woman seems to turn oddly sexual, unless you explicitly try to make it not so. AI!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Thundercracker posted:

Anyone wanting to try Another Eden should make a beeline to beat Chapter 13 and recruit Joker and Mona from the Persona 5 event. They are both stupidly over-powered. As a default they both have the persona exploit weakness gimmick which makes farming real easy as an AOE will double attack even if only one enemy is weak to it.

The collab event has more effort put into it than any collab I've ever seen. It's a full on Persona story with a Palace and heart stealing and Phantom Thieves shenanigans.

I REALLY love Persona 5 but I just don't feel like reinstalling Another Eden.. I'd beaten the original storyline so I was a good ways in, but ugh effort.. How long does the event run?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I REALLY love Persona 5 but I just don't feel like reinstalling Another Eden.. I'd beaten the original storyline so I was a good ways in, but ugh effort.. How long does the event run?

Forever. One nice thing about Another Eden is that all the events are permanent.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

New Leaf posted:

until the 25th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Thundercracker posted:

The giant faces boss kicked my rear end, so I'm grinding to 30 in the hopes that I can squeak by…