Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Hearth runs pretty okay on my HTC One M7. The framerate gets a bit choppy at parts, and it eats battery like a big battery eating thing, but what can you do?

Also got garbage out of my free pack as well. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Segmentation Fault posted:

So did I. Stay safe survey ghosts :ohdear:

As did I. I woke up at like 3 am, saw the survey, read through the list and went "what the gently caress is this?" and chose none and went back to sleep.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I just finished Knights of Pen and Paper 2 last night. The story was average to lame but the gameplay was top notch. I have the first one on my google play account, is it worth going back to the first one and playing it? I don't remember being particularly blown away by it at the time.

Are there any other games that are like KoPaP? If not there should be.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So PinOut was mentioned here earlier. Are there any other good pinball games? I have some stuff purchased on Pinball Arcade on Steam but it doesn't seem like that transfers between platforms.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tunga posted:

I like it but the ball physics is really weird when it rolls onto the flippers, it kind of slows down like the flippers are sticky which always throws me off.

There's brakes along the sides near the flippers, it's the three lines next to the flippers.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Ok I added everyone for Skyforce Reloaded. My code is 01 57 38 60.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Beat it on my first try. :smuggo:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

I'm stuck on level two in Skyforce (got it working) because I need one more star to be able to play level 3, the only attainable star is the Save Everyone star in 2, and I lack the firepower to consistently hoover up all the humans and survive doing so.

Is this the game in a nutshell?

You can get medals to unlock new levels from any of the old levels, not just the previous one. Also when you get all the medals on a difficulty, a new difficulty opens up on that level with 4 more medals to unlock.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

Right, but I already got the reasonably attainable ones (kill 70%, save the humans) from the first level.

Not getting hit and 100 percent kills is totally obtainable dude.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I was wondering why I was getting absolutely demolished in level 10 normal and then I realized I only have like tier 1 and a half health and play with a -10% health ship. Not every run needs to be a no damage run. :downs:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Wasn't there supposed to be daily Christmas stuff for skyforce? I got the first star doubler but there hasn't been anything else.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tunga posted:

As far as I can tell you just get a star doubler every day for 30mins. That's it. Also "day" seems to be US timezone, not sure exactly, but the first time I open it each afternoon I get it.

There's also the Christmas tournament level which is quite cute.

Yeah I haven't gotten anything since the first one. :(

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Burning Rain posted:

Yeah, The Battle of Polytopia is a really decent miniature Civ-like. It's not really a puzzle in the sense of "you have to solve this setup" -- i think of it as a score-attack version of 4x, because there are too many moving parts to really figure out the 'optimum' play at every step.

My only complaint is that I unlocked the civilization with archery at the start, and that makes the game a joke because of how strong archers are. That being said, I'm primarily playing on Normal vs 3 AI so we'll have to see if that strategy holds up on the harder modes.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Polytopia continues to be a lot of fun. Buying some of the IAP civs actually makes the game way harder though. Having the archer Civ start as an enemy is real rough. I'm currently stuck at 3 enemy civs on hard on perfection. I don't see myself getting bored of it for a while.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

For those codes, it's saying I need to have "reported to the mercenary camp". What is that, exactly?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Malek posted:

^ this.

What about punch club is so bad? I saw a video of it once when it first came out on steam but I didn't think anything of it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Breetai posted:

To anyone who's been playing Boom Beach (and if you aren't you should), a mega-crab event is just about to start - it won't show up in most timezones yet, but the countdown timer's just started in Australia.

Boat Pirates are still hiring, so send a request if ya feel like it.

This has probably been asked before and I didn't see a separate thread for it, but what makes Boom Beach not lovely like every other Clash of Clans type game out there, cause that's what it looks like to me.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

IAmTheRad posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/rpgs-mobile-bundle

KOTOR is in the $6 bundle.
Need I say more?

Also Shadowrun Dragonfall, I guess.

I just tried to get kotor 2 working in steam to no avail.

This'll have to do. :sigh:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So I dunked through the tutorial of kotor. It works surprisingly well on the phone and is straight up kotor not a hacked down mobile version or anything. Click on objects or people nearby you want to interact with or move by sliding your finger up/down and turn the camera with left/right. It's really intuitive. Not as snappy as a mouse and keyboard, but what can you do?

Also Jesus Christ I had to buy my first ever dedicated graphics card to run that and battlefield 1942 on my big rear end desktop back in 03 and now I'm playing it on something that can fit in my pocket. I feel old! :gonk:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm so bad at tire strategy in MSM. :negative:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Wow this Power Rangers game is way better than it has any right to be. I'll be joining as CascadeBeta.

Edit: How do you join the guild? I can't even find it in the search.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 25, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My only gripe with the game is that sometime I'll lose the ability to swipe to move. :(

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Requesting an invite for Kreftan.

poo poo I accidentally declined it because I hadn't checked this thread. Resend it and I'll get you.

Edit: Got it! Hopefully you're not stuck in Invite hell now.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 28, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
gently caress i forgot to install neo turf masters on my new phone. What am I DOING?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What the hell? Even the lovely 30 dollar burner ZTE I got when my S6 died had 6.0.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm playing 80 days again and I can't get myself to not care about the 80 day limit. I got stuck in Japan again with no money to make it across the pacific so I think I'm going to just restart and make it my goal to just see the sights.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mrkillboy posted:

Taito have a new premium Puzzle Bobble/Bust A Move game out, which is apparently a rerelease of a now delisted F2P game. There's two versions for different regions, check out the one that works for you:

Bust A Move Journey
Puzzle Bobble Journey

Are these any good? I loving love Bust a Move

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Montalvo posted:

Tom Nook sends you 30 notifications a day while you sleep demanding you to purchase a one-time $1,000 IAP to extend the left wing of your home.

What actually would happen is that you'd have to pay a six part installment plan on the IAP, including working at his shop for pennies on the dollar until it was paid off.

Then he'd use your account to buy the next IAP for you automatically. As a favor.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

regulargonzalez posted:

Time for my semi-annual "is there a SimGolf clone" post

God, I wish.

I actually just spent part of my last weekend trying to get SimGolf to work on windows 10 with zero luck.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 30, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I have both the NES version of the 8bitdo and clip, and it's a really great thing. I have an S7 with a bulky case and it has no problem fitting and staying. I've heard some people complain about the center of gravity and angle being weird but I haven't had any issues with that. My only complaint is that the controller itself is a little bit small for my gigantic goon ham hands, so hitting l1/r1 is a bit tricky/cramp indusing.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What are the non-kairosoft business sims of choice? Giant Bomb played Lemonade Stand on a video a few days ago which gave me an itch for that type of game.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I have a really specific question. Lately I've been on the hunt for a good controller that I can use with my phone to make it a pseudo handheld device. The 8Bitdo SF30 with attachable clip has been the best one I've tried, but it's still not perfect.

The controller itself is fantastic (I've basically migrated it to my Raspberry Pi console as the main controller for that instead), but it feels really off balance when used with my phone because all the weight is in the phone and not the controller. Also, the clip is at a bit too acute of an angle for me. It works, but isn't ideal.

Has anyone else had any experience with Android controllers, clipped or otherwise? I looked into telescoping, switch style controllers as well but those all seem shoddy and block headphone/speaker output.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

I recently picked up Kairosoft's Shiny Ski Resort. I played Game Dev Story some time ago but that one got repetitive quick. I'm still in Ski Resort (and loving it) but I'm assuming I'll have to move on eventually. What's the "best" (or everyone's favorite) Kairosoft games? I really like their vibe and would like to play more of them.

They have a racing one that's basically Motorsport Manager Lite if that's up your alley, but it's probably closer to Game Dev Story than not. I never clicked with Dungeon Village Story myself to be honest.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Werewolf online could be cool but there's too many roles so it's just kind of nonsense. I'd really appreciate a more basic format so it's not just did the seer/det/aura seer do a good job/get murked early?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Bushmaori posted:

So I can pair my Android phone with my DS4 controller successfully but I can't actually do anything with it. As in it's like nothing gets through. I want to use it to play emulated games on a controller so this is kinda crappy, anyone have any suggestions?
HUAWEI P9 lite, Android 7.0, EMUI 5.0.4

If I remember right you need to also connect the controller to the phone with a micro USB cable.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What are some good sims/management games in the same vein as Motorsport Manager 3 (besides Kairosoft)?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mrkillboy posted:

Grand Mountain Adventure is a really neat looking top down open world skiing game that came out of a months long beta period today. The first mountain is free to play, with four more available for a $5 IAP.

I didn't know a spiritual sequel to Ski Free is something I needed in my life, but there you go. Game owns.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mr Hootington posted:

That elder scrolls blades sucks

I was continuing with it to see if it possibly maybe got anywhere near enjoyable later on and then I accidentally double clicked on opening a silver chest and blew all my gems because there's no confirmation for spending gems. I just immediately Uninstalled. It's like wading through a minefield. Game is absolutely predatory.

It's a shame because an Ultima underworld style dungeon crawler on mobile is really appealing to me.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Alright I've got over six bucks in survey, what's hot right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I've been getting at least one survey a day for a while now.