Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

The Duggler posted:

Man I just can't get into Bit City

After the forth city does the gameplay change at all? I'm finding pressing the construction button not nearly as gratifying as the chicken hatcher button in egg inc

There also doesn't seem to be any interaction between industry, residential and service so there is no reason to build a balanced city... feeling very shallow so far. Most clickers are shallow, but most city builders aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Rapner posted:

There also doesn't seem to be any interaction between industry, residential and service so there is no reason to build a balanced city... feeling very shallow so far. Most clickers are shallow, but most city builders aren't.

Actually there's a Bit City Thread. And many of us have said that. Strategy works though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
What are some good games you can use a dualshock 4 controller with?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
To anyone who's been playing Boom Beach (and if you aren't you should), a mega-crab event is just about to start - it won't show up in most timezones yet, but the countdown timer's just started in Australia.

Boat Pirates are still hiring, so send a request if ya feel like it.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Anyone tried Day R? It looks sort of like Zafehouse Diaries which I remember enjoying a while back and if the "premium version" just unlocks everything like a normal game it might be fun because gently caress me I'm tired of timegates, stamina, "cum-on-my-tits" splash screens and "DOMINATE THE ARENA" in every promotional picture.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

delfin posted:

"From the creator of Chulip" should be enough for anyone to go on. You're either going to love this on sight or throw it through a wall.

It's a little clunky around the edges -- for instance, you get daily rewards for cleaning your room but clicking on the pile of trash does nothing useful, and having your line mess up one square before the end and disappear gets old fast -- but the core is fun and you'll be humming BUM-BUM-BA-BUM-BUM-BWAAAAAH with Our Hero in no time.

This is seroiusly a great game if you haven't already unlocked the spell dungeon feature keep playing.

The spell dungeon essentially allows you to link to twitter and share the super rare dungeons with others and get dungeons from others. Once they release it in thw US the gaming population should boom up.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Breetai posted:

To anyone who's been playing Boom Beach (and if you aren't you should), a mega-crab event is just about to start - it won't show up in most timezones yet, but the countdown timer's just started in Australia.

Boat Pirates are still hiring, so send a request if ya feel like it.

This has probably been asked before and I didn't see a separate thread for it, but what makes Boom Beach not lovely like every other Clash of Clans type game out there, cause that's what it looks like to me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

EzEight posted:

This is seroiusly a great game if you haven't already unlocked the spell dungeon feature keep playing.

The spell dungeon essentially allows you to link to twitter and share the super rare dungeons with others and get dungeons from others. Once they release it in thw US the gaming population should boom up.

Any idea what determines your trophy?

I've cleared entire floors perfectly and still came out with a Bronze.

Also, any way to repair spells? I had 5* WallBreak spells and apparently they break after X amount of uses (Would have been good to know)

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

m.hache posted:

Also, any way to repair spells? I had 5* WallBreak spells and apparently they break after X amount of uses (Would have been good to know)

Pretty sure trophies involve getting all of the items listed on the dungeon.

And no way to repair spells. They typically break after five or six uses. You have to find more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mrkillboy posted:

Dandy Dungeon is a new puzzle game/dungeon crawler from the creator of cult hit Chulip about a salaryman who stays at home making his own video game (which you play), adding more features and characters to it as he interacts with his neighbours.

It's really quirky and gets super weird at points but is also quite charming and self aware. I think its well worth checking out.

Anyone got the apk they want to share?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

overseer07 posted:

Yep. It's not in the U.S. yet. However, it is a really great game and totally worth the extra effort to side load it.

Where can we get the APK that is not full of bitcoin mining bots?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I've never had a problem with apkpure. But for all I know I've mined someone .00000005 buttcoins

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes announcement seems to have opened a F2P floodgate for popular franchises. Pokemon Duel (Comaster) is now out in the west along with a Sword Art game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Dehry posted:

Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes announcement seems to have opened a F2P floodgate for popular franchises. Pokemon Duel (Comaster) is now out in the west along with a Sword Art game.

poo poo, you're right. I'm installing now.. interested to see what reviews look like once the "Wah, game crashed" / "Not the same depth as the 3DS pokemon games" 1-star reviews sink to the bottom.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.pokemoncomaster

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 24, 2017

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dehry posted:

Jesus it took them long enough. How did pure garabage like game of war making millions not make them do this sooner?

Like a decent f2p with a major name behind it is an instant money maker. Hell even almost non-game like fallout shelter made a ton of money.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shwqa posted:

Jesus it took them long enough. How did pure garabage like game of war making millions not make them do this sooner?

Like a decent f2p with a major name behind it is an instant money maker. Hell even almost non-game like fallout shelter made a ton of money.

Honestly you'd think the barely a game Pokemon Go making a shitload of money would have gotten them off their asses sooner.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It takes time to make a game. Honestly, if they started immediately after Pokemon Go I don't think even Mario Run would be released yet. These games have probably been in development for over a year, or at least since Nintendo started taking about making use of the mobile market.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

CascadeBeta posted:

This has probably been asked before and I didn't see a separate thread for it, but what makes Boom Beach not lovely like every other Clash of Clans type game out there, cause that's what it looks like to me.

It's entirely skill-based, quite well-balanced, has a variety of ways to approaches to every challenge, and you never feel like buying any premium content is required from the start to the higher levels of play.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Onean posted:

It takes time to make a game. Honestly, if they started immediately after Pokemon Go I don't think even Mario Run would be released yet. These games have probably been in development for over a year, or at least since Nintendo started taking about making use of the mobile market.

Still about 5 years later to the party. Puzzle and dragons should have been Nintendo big glowing neon sign saying they could make a massive amount of money there. Instead they just made puzzle and dragons games for the 3ds.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Now that's a fair comparison. I'm sure it was discussed at the time, too. But my understanding of Nintendo was an inward-focused company at that time, and they already had the only really world-wide successful handheld gaming focused device in the DS family, so why go away from that and potentially split your consumers? Large corporations are going to be slow to move to new things, which isn't exactly surprising. Sony only just announced at the end of last year that they've got some interesting mobile stuff going on in their gaming department, and they have another department that makes mobile devices. EA's mobile stuff has been largely not great, and they own PopCap's catalogue, probably the easiest source to lift entire mobile games, along with ideas for other mobile IPs, from. If that's not a lesson to wait and see to other large corporations, I don't know what would be.

Nintendo's putting out some stuff that looks pretty fun and I'm excited for, and not just lazy match-three cash grabs, so I'm actually okay they took their time.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

m.hache posted:

Bronze = finish the dungeon
Silver = all floors perfect
Gold = got all unique loot (will need a few runs and some luck)

For spells you'll unlock the item shop which will let you buy spells you've already found/used for gold but can't repair them. Broken spells are used in a few item upgrade recipes though.

Items seem to have an increasing chance to break starting after 4-5 uses as indicated by a glowing red outline.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
New Kairosoft: March to a Million, in which you are a music talent manager.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

EzEight posted:

The spell dungeon essentially allows you to link to twitter and share the super rare dungeons with others and get dungeons from others. Once they release it in the US the gaming population should boom up.

If I have more than one Twitter account on my app, is there a way to determine which one it posts to? (Otherwise an awesome feature.)

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Is the 2nd dungeon meant to not be possible to get to those two 'rooms' on the 5th floor?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A Wallbreaker scroll should free those up.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Foxhound posted:

Anyone tried Day R? It looks sort of like Zafehouse Diaries which I remember enjoying a while back and if the "premium version" just unlocks everything like a normal game it might be fun because gently caress me I'm tired of timegates, stamina, "cum-on-my-tits" splash screens and "DOMINATE THE ARENA" in every promotional picture.

I've played it a bit. The free version actually isn't that bad, basically the premium version lets you tweak the difficulty a bit more, as far as I know there isn't any timegates / stamina but the free version does have ads. Here's what I said about it a few pages back:

Gavinvin posted:

No its actually a pretty decent (but with a learning curve) survival sim. I've played the free version and decided to pick up the premium version while its cheap. Beyond all the perks mentioned in the store for the premium version (like removing ads, giving you some loot at the start) it also gives you access to "Medium" difficulty mode. The free version only lets you play sandbox (easy) or realistic (hard).

I would suggest you try the free version first, as its completely playable (once you get over the learning curve) without needing any of the premium features, then pick up the premium version if you like it.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

delfin posted:

If I have more than one Twitter account on my app, is there a way to determine which one it posts to? (Otherwise an awesome feature.)

It prompts you to open your account in a browser so it depends what account you're logged into your browser I guess.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Gavinvin posted:

I've played it a bit. The free version actually isn't that bad, basically the premium version lets you tweak the difficulty a bit more, as far as I know there isn't any timegates / stamina but the free version does have ads. Here's what I said about it a few pages back:

Cheers, I'll give the trial version a go and see if it's up my alley.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

New Kairosoft: March to a Million, in which you are a music talent manager.

If anyone's already picked this up, is it one of the deeper Kairosoft games or is it more like Manga Maker?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If anyone has any insights into that new Pokemon game, I'd love to hear them. I've been playing a tiny bit and opened a guaranteed EX pack and got some "good" (??) characters and I'm struggling to see how they're any better than the "bad" ones..

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

New Leaf posted:

If anyone has any insights into that new Pokemon game, I'd love to hear them. I've been playing a tiny bit and opened a guaranteed EX pack and got some "good" (??) characters and I'm struggling to see how they're any better than the "bad" ones..

Are all the characters children wearing masks? That's what the screenshots make it look like.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Gavinvin posted:

Are all the characters children wearing masks? That's what the screenshots make it look like.

Yeah it's part of the storyline.. The trial you're on makes everyone wear a mask.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Dandy Dungeon should be available for everyone on Google Play now.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Still not available here in the UK 🤔

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Id like to give One Piece Thousand Storm a chance, but the loading is some of the worst I've seen in a mobile game. :(

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I'm having connection issues/terrible lag when attempting to play pokemon duel... I guess my phone's just not up to snuff these days.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HelloWinter posted:

I'm having connection issues/terrible lag when attempting to play pokemon duel... I guess my phone's just not up to snuff these days.

I just assumed the app was poorly coded/getting piledrived right now. It doesn't seem overly fun from the couple games I played though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
The servers are apparently hosed. I'm enjoying it so far, despite being a little too RNG. Probably going to dumpster it after Fire Emblem Heroes is released though.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

I've been quietly enjoying the new Yu Gi Oh game. That is when I'm not neck deep in gumballs.

If you're interested in the Yu Gi Oh game its good to make an account just now though, they are giving bucket loads of free currency out whenever they release in a new country and also when they hit download milestones (basically about every 100,000 downloads). Gives you enough to get some nice cards to start with. I also think these rewards back date, not sure how far back, but when I started the game I got like 13 different messages giving me lots of currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Aethernet posted:

If anyone's already picked this up, is it one of the deeper Kairosoft games or is it more like Manga Maker?

Wondering this too, it's really hard to tell from the screenshots since they don't show much of the systems in play.